shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite kind of cake?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Home made from scratch with BUTTER... And no frosting! I'm not really one for overly sweet frosting.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1314389335|3000672 said:
dragonfly411|1314389008|3000658 said:
I don't eat cake. :o

Neither does my son! What kid doesn't like cake? At all the B-day parties he goes to, he just asks for ice cream if they have it.

I can top that. My daughter never ate cake and never ate ice cream as a kid. She still doesn't. She does eat sorbet and Italian ice, but she doesn't go around looking for them fanatically. She doesn't happen to eat pie, either, now that I think about it. (No one ever bothered to think about that. Who thinks about pie?) Or doughnuts. I guess she likes some sweet things (like Italian ice and lollipops), but not rich, sweet things. She never ate chocolate bars, either. Never had any interest in Hallowe'en candy. To make her enjoy an Easter basket I had to put stuffed animals into it. Odd child. I should have known trouble was brewing.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Carrot cake or that 7 layer chocolate cake from Claim Jumpers !

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. I love cake. I would have to say that my favorite, now, is tres leches cake. Before I discovered it, my favorite would have been German chocolate cake or coconut layer cake. Like kenny, however, I love a well-made cake. There is one cake my grandmother used to make for the birthdays of all her grandchildren that was perfect. I still have the recipe for that cake and its frosting. I cannot make the layers come out looking as perfect as hers did and I cannot decorate mine as beautifully as she did her cakes, but I can make mine taste as good as hers! It is a simple yellow cake with buttercream frosting, but it is just perfect! That's why my grandmother stuck with that one. I remember, vaguely, that for a while she used different recipes. Then she found this one and no one got another cake again. No one ever wanted any other kind of cake...although Ted, who was different, always asked for a fruit pie for his birthday.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Red Velvet and Tiramisu

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite is Neatfreak's vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. OMG. So good.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Chocolate with strawberry or raspberry filling and a side of vanilla ice cream. Yum!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
My Favorite is Napolean but not with the custard filling the real stuff.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I'm an equal opportunity cake lover, but if you point a gun to my head and demand me to pick, then I would select a Tiramisu.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Cheesecake, chocolate cake with chocolate ganache, white cake with fresch strawberries and whipped cream filling and whipped cream frosting (from Chinese bakery), ice cream cake (chocolate cake), tiramisu.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I forgot about carrot cake with cream cheese frosting!!! I love that, too. If I could go back and edit now, I'd put that 3rd on my list and make chocolate cake 4th!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Pineapple upside down or DQ ice cream cake.

A fudgy chocolate is pretty good. Or plain old white with vanilla frosting.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
PS Admin|1314417984|3001189 said:
My Favorite is Napolean but not with the custard filling the real stuff.
Nevermind...Andrey doesn't want to be the 3,000,000th post....he just looooooooves sweets ad can't stay out of thid conversation :naughty:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
My current favourite cake is the strawberry and blueberry cheesecake that is sitting in my fridge because hubby made it for me last week. It is :lickout:

That said, I'm pretty much a cake whore and will eat anything (other than fruit cake). Our wedding cake was red velvet on the bottom tier and chocolate mud on the top. I'm reliably informed it was awesome :blackeye: :lol:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm.... Pretty much any kind of cake as long as it has frosting. But one of my favorite indulgences is homemade carrot cake with fresh cream cheese frosting! :lickout:

I'm stuck between loving this thread and hating it. The cake sounds great. The crappy frosting on top sounds gross :razz:

I reaaaaaaaaallly want some chocolate (plain) cake now.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Tres Leches...mmmmm

I make my son Better Than "anything" cake every year for his birthday. He doesn't know it's really called Better Than Sex Cake. ;0)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These threads are making me very hungry!!! :cheeky:

Cheesecake (my dh's creation) is my favorite!!! Except for birthdays where ice cream cake rules!

ETA My dh's favorite cake is Red Velvet- no question.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1314420499|3001216 said:
Oh, I forgot about carrot cake with cream cheese frosting!!! I love that, too. If I could go back and edit now, I'd put that 3rd on my list and make chocolate cake 4th!

Ooh, I forgot about carrot cake with cream cheese frosting! Make that my 2nd or 3rd! :lickout:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coconut Cake with lemon curd filling.

Homemade. Big. Messy. GOOD! :))

coconut-cake.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1314449897|3001426 said:
Coconut Cake with lemon curd filling.

Homemade. Big. Messy. GOOD! :))

OMG that looks awesome! Seriously, these threads are causing me to gain weight by just thinking about all these delicious cakes, pies, cookies!! :cheeky:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Flourless chocolate tuxedo cake (from Fiorella's in Kansas City)...our (last minute) wedding cake!

I'm also a fan of anything traditionally topped with cream cheese frosting (totally with you on that one, SB!)...so carrot cake, red velvet, or the spice cake from our local bakery/cafe. NOM.

I was really hoping our original wedding cake had showed up...it was lemon cake with blueberry filling and whipped frosting. AMAZING.

My favorite homemade cake is Pineapple Upsidedown Cake, though! YUM!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1314388198|3000631 said:
I'm going to have to answer, any cake made with good ingredients.

[rant] So often these days we buy beautiful-looking cakes that taste nothing like back in the day when they used real butter and cream in cakes and frosting.
I think they just use cheaper greasy fats because they've discovered that as long as it looks pretty and tastes sweet plenty of people will buy it.

It's like store-bought strawberries and tomatoes.
We buy it because it's all that's offered any more. Sad.
It's gotten so I won't buy cakes in stores, even some bakeries are taking the higher-profit cheapo route. :knockout: [/endrant]

I agree! However, there is one good thing about horrid store-bought or box-mix cake. I won't eat it!! I have a MAJOR sweet tooth, so this is a blessing in disguise for me! :bigsmile:

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
mmmmm I thread made for me! I looove cake! :love:

My faves are:

Yellow cake with white buttercream frosting with good ingredients :love: Good Wedding cake!
Tres leches :love:
Red velvet!
I like carrot cake, but it has to be made very well.

And any other good tasting cake will also make its way to my mouth! :Up_to_something:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooo...never thought about asking for photos! :Up_to_something:

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Homemade chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, or even gold cake at home. Out, it has to be chocolate. My favorite is the Cheesecake Factory's Linda's chocolate cake. Thankfully I dont bake much anymore, and any CF is far away from us:)

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1314420499|3001216 said:

I have a Debbie Fields dessert cook book that has a to die for carrot cake with cream cheese frosting! I know the recipe is online as well, if you google it. It's seriously the best carrot cake I've ever tasted!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love cake much more than pie, actually. One of my favorites is probably yellow cake with chocolate frosting. :lickout:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Funfetti!!! :)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caramel Cake, Lemon Cake w/butter cream icing, and my Grannies Coconut Cake!!! OOOOhhhh... just thinking about it makes me want some baaaaaaad. :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results