shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite kind of cake?

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh, it's so hard to choose just one! I think I'll have to say strawberry with cream cheese or buttercream frosting though.

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gooey, fudgy, warm chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla icecream! :lickout: :love:

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Strawberry shortcake with real strawberries.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tres leches cake is a good one, too!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chocolate chocolate chip cake with vanilla ice cream!

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I love cake! I love raspberry cheesecake. It is tied with chocolate cake with buttercream icing.

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Chocolate with raspberry filling!

April20

Ideal_Rock
That I make: dark chocolate with my recipe buttercream frosting

Other: DHs grandmother's coconut cake. And I don't even like coconut cake, but hers is unlike any others!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cheesecake
Red Velvet cake (only in the US-it doesn't tend to taste the same over here)
Chocolate fudge cake with chocolate sauce on top :lickout:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I love cake. Yummy yummy cake.

Tres leches cake is sooooo good. Best I ever had was at a place called Tres Meridas and none has been as good as that one. But I still search. And then you have red velvet and carrot cakes. I think the linchpin is the cream cheese icing. Oh I love cream cheese icing. I generally scrape off buttercream icing. :knockout:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
kenny|1314388198|3000631 said:
I'm going to have to answer, any cake made with good ingredients.

[rant] So often these days we buy beautiful-looking cakes that taste nothing like back in the day when they used real butter and cream in cakes and frosting.
I think they just use cheaper greasy fats because they've discovered that as long as it looks pretty and tastes sweet plenty of people will buy it.

It's like store-bought strawberries and tomatoes.
We buy it because it's all that's offered any more. Sad.
It's gotten so I won't buy cakes in stores, even some bakeries are taking the higher-profit cheapo route. :knockout: [/endrant]

I think a well-made cheesecake is the ultimate.

This! I don't want to eat factory food, however nice it looks. So many commercially produced desserts taste of nothing at all, just sweetness (I won't even say sugar, since some of them have chemical sweeteners in them). Gross.

So, on the premise that it's made with good stuff, I like a really buttery apple sponge, sacchertorte, home made cupcakes, layer cake - good sponge made with whole eggs and far too much vanilla, sandwiched with layers of Italian buttercream, oh and a really good fat-free fruit loaf.

Oh, yes. I do like cake. Oh, and I also like anything baked with nuts, lemon or raspberries. Muffin-style batter, poured over a punnet of raspberries in a loaf tin and baked until it's just done, now that is good.

Mmmm. Cake.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
bee*|1314393078|3000755 said:
Cheesecake
Red Velvet cake (only in the US-it doesn't tend to taste the same over here)
Chocolate fudge cake with chocolate sauce on top :lickout:

Have you tried MrsSalvo's recipe? It's definitely worth eating!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ice cream cake!
Vanilla with a fudgy frosting, please.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
What cake DON'T I like?? I really don't know if I could pick a favorite. I've always loved Marble. At my wedding, our four-tiered cake was four different flavors. There was a delectable Coconut Lime flavor, but the Chocolate Orange was the best.

And, honestly, Better Than Sex Cake sometimes is.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I have pretty simple tastes. My favorite is chocolate cake with white/vanilla icing. Yum!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I almost forgot! I don't usually like cake, which is why I said "ice cream cake" in my last post. However . . .

Portillo's chocolate cake is AMAZING. I love it. I always ask for that or ice cream cake for my birthday. Mmmmmm.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not much into sweets, but I love good cake. Burnt Almond Cake with custard filling! There were two bakeries I would get my birthday cakes from. One time I ate 3/4 of it. I made myself sick afterwards, but it was so good eating it.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE CAKE!!!!!! Much better then pie I think I can't pick one.
White cake with buttercreme frosting and only pastels for flowers and such
a good buttery pound cake is wonderful with a cup o tea and
like lottie said a nice sharp lemon sponge with drizzle on top is nummy
Rhubarb custard cake is mmm mmm good!
And last but not least a lovely carrot, spice or pumpkin cake with inches of cream cheese frosting mmmm orgasmic!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
chocolate cake with white icing - i'm pretty plain jane when it comes to dessert.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh tres leches cake-how could I forget! I LOVE IT!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1314389020|3000659 said:
I love chocolate cake with white butter cream icing.

#1 - to die for :lickout:

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a cake 'ho -- I love 'em all.

My very very favorite (at this moment) is a lemon cake with a strawberry cheese cake filling, cream cheese frosting on top...drizzled with lemon curd.

All homemade, of course.

I only make it 1-2 times a year because it's decadent. And so very very very delish.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Travel Goddess|1314394756|3000777 said:
What cake DON'T I like?? I really don't know if I could pick a favorite. I've always loved Marble. At my wedding, our four-tiered cake was four different flavors. There was a delectable Coconut Lime flavor, but the Chocolate Orange was the best.

And, honestly, Better Than Sex Cake sometimes is.

You're right! I forgot about this one....There are several versions though. The one I LOVE has toasted coconut, vanilla pudding, whipped topping, crushed pineapple and NUTS!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Any cake apart from traditional fruit cake!

I love cake :love:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad there are so many cake lovers like me! :appl: :appl: :appl: For the lovers of chocolate cake and white icing you should indulge in whoopie pies! Amazing.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mmmmm, cake - cake is good food.

My most favorite are:
1. carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
2. spice cake with buttercream frosting
3. old-fashioned coffee cake with brown sugar crumble topping

Cake always makes me think of my mom, who is seriously hands-down without a doubt the best baker I have ever come across - also a very good cook - but her baking is brilliant. She can make any kind of cake, pie, pastry, dessert, whatever - I'm talking mad skillz. (And she bakes bread... but that's a different thread.) Growing up, we had 10 people in our household and Mom would let the birthday person choose his/her birthday cake - 95% of the time we chose one of her homemade cakes but now and again someone would decide on a cake from our local bakery, and Mom was okay with that too. Birthday cake during the birthday celebration is wonderful, but leftover birthday cake, chilled from the fridge, for breakfast the next morning? Talk about a great way to start the day...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting. You need to make homemade chocolate frosting too - I am not a frosting fan and but I love homemade cocoa frosting.

My second favorite is chocolate pound cake with just powdered sugar on top.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1314389335|3000672 said:
dragonfly411|1314389008|3000658 said:
I don't eat cake. :o

Neither does my son! What kid doesn't like cake? At all the B-day parties he goes to, he just asks for ice cream if they have it.

My son use to not like cake either. One year for his b-day, his cousin made him a beautiful cake she spent hours on and he refused to eat it. He now likes it.

I love coffee cake with the sugary crumbles on top.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Verdy|1314389625|3000676 said:
This is going to sound so very much Hispanic, but I LOVE me a good old tres leches cake with fruit in between the layers and a light, whipped frosting! :love:

I agree! I had a tres leche cake for my birthday and ate way too much of it :oops: :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results