shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite? Coke or Pepsi, diet or regular?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I should add, I like all my soda best out of the can as opposed to the fountain, and I always try to get it with no ice if possible.

AND...my favorite types of soda are really Ginger Ale and Root Beer, however, I try to drink diet when I can, and although I''ve tried every brand of diet GA and RB, I haven''t liked ANY of them. It makes me angry that the soda companies don''t try nearly as hard to make good diet varieties of other flavors as they do of regular cola.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I don''t drink much soda anymore (too many chemicals, bad for your bones..) but- I used to!

I''ll definitely take diet pepsi over diet coke every time. I am not a coke fan, at all! But my whole family prefers pepsi, so it''s likely because that''s is what we were drinking for years. I loved Squirt when I was growing up, too!

Now, if I get soda- it''s always Fresca! Definitely my favorite. yum.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Diet Cherry Pepsi for cola and Peach Sunkist for fruity! OH and Wild Cherry Fanta! YUM!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
If I had to pick one it would be Cherry coke, OMG that stuff is so good however they don''t sell it here
39.gif
- ice cold out of a can YUM.

I don''t actually drink soft drink except the odd occasion I have Lemon, Lime and Bitters or Tiro Pink grapefruit OMG so good.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I don''t really drink soda, but I do love a Coke slurpee!! It''s always much better than the Pepsi slurpee... Pepsi just doesn''t freeze right!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
The best drink in the world is Classic Coke out of one of the old-fashioned glass bottles. But for everyday, I like Coke Zero over ice, from a glass.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I am not crazy about soda, but would pick the regular Pepsi over Coke anyday. Then the regular Dr. Pepper trumps the regular Pepsi and the diet 7-Up trumps all of the previous. (diet 7-Up is the only diet soda I would ever drink) But my 2 favorite things to drink of all are lemon-ade and cranberry juice (Northland).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diet Dr. Pepper from a can, or Sprite Zero warm from the can. I drink it warm because there are boil orders constantly in this town and there always seems to be a shortage of bagged ice in the freezer. My preference, though, is either one of the above over crushed ice in a glass with a straw so the ice hitting my front teeth doesn''t painfully freeze them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sabine you should try Ginger Beer. You can get it at the local bev wherehouse.... you can mix it with rum and it''s really good. Esp if you like the ''real'' ginger taste.

Whoever referenced Fresca, I love that stuff, but only Peach flavor!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Diet Coke ADDICT. Every morning since I was 16 years old - and I''m a purist, I won''t touch Diet Pepsi, or any of the weird flavored Diet Cokes, it has to be the real thing (clearly, I''m a snotty addict
2.gif
3.gif
). I knew it was bad when people I''d just met and was doing a weekly study group with start stocking Diet Coke in their fridge whenever I was coming over
20.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a Coca-Cola in a can girl.

I don''t like the bottles at all, only cans.

I''ve been cutting back, but it''s hard. I get headaches if I don''t get my coke fix.
18.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
diet pepsi and diet sunkist...
LOOoVEEe them

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 11:41:09 PM
Author: Skippy123

Kama_S, have you tried Zero? it tastes closest to regular.
3.gif
Really?!! Ooohh, maybe I''ll get some when I go grocery shopping today!

I used to like C2 (coke product). It was a mix of regular coke and diet coke, so half the cals and the taste wasn''t all too bad. They stopped selling it, probably because they launched Zero.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Diet coke. In a can is fine if it's ice cold. If not, in a glass with ice and a straw. The straw is a must, I hate ice hitting my teeth.

If I'm at a restaurant and want a soda and they only have Pepsi products, I'll just get water. No compromising for me.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 11:19:43 AM
Author: Mara
Sabine you should try Ginger Beer. You can get it at the local bev wherehouse.... you can mix it with rum and it's really good. Esp if you like the 'real' ginger taste.

I love that one in the summer, YUM!!! Hubby loves Ginger Beer, Whole Foods and TJ's has a really good Ginger Beer.

LORELEI, I remember TAB when I was about 9 yrs old and wished I looked like that bathing suit beauty who drank tab.
26.gif

Do they still make Slice? I use to like that; I would mix slice with sunkist. McDonalds make an orange drink that is yummy, I wonder what that is; I use to get orange drink as a teen.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 12:28:49 PM
Date: 3/29/2009 11:19:43 AM

Sabine you should try Ginger Beer. You can get it at the local bev wherehouse.... you can mix it with rum and it''s really good. Esp if you like the ''real'' ginger taste.

I love that one in the summer, YUM!!! Hubby loves Ginger Beer, Whole Foods and TJ''s has a really good Ginger Beer.

LORELEI, I remember TAB when I was about 9 yrs old and wished I looked like that bathing suit beauty who drank tab.
26.gif

Do they still make Slice? I use to like that; I would mix slice with sunkist. McDonalds make an orange drink that is yummy, I wonder what that is; I use to get orange drink as a teen.

Best ginger beer IMHO is Bundaberg Ginger Beer http://www.bundaberg-brew.com.au/

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 1:06:54 PM
Date: 3/29/2009 12:42:57 PM

Author: Deelight

Best ginger beer IMHO is Bundaberg Ginger Beer http://www.bundaberg-brew.com.au/
that looks good
emthup.gif
too bad they don''t have it here.

7.gif
maybe they might export it eventually it is good, it has tiny pieces of ginger in it - really good if you have an upset tummy.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 12:48:17 AM
I used to love the old Coke..the ''classic'', but before it was actually Classic! I feel old!

I don''t drink soda anymore, but I never understood drinking ''diet'' soda. Why not just drink tea or water with zero calories? It doesn''t taste like fake sugar! Then again I love the taste of the regular drinks so I just couldn''t fake it and love it for very long with diet. Though I do have to say the closest I have found to ''regular'' soda is Coke Zero. But then I think...gosh what is in here that I am drinking that is so fake it tastes realy?!
32.gif
Then I drink more green tea, hahaa.

My guilty soda pleasure is Pepsi from the Taco Bell drink machines. I don''t know what it is, I think they almost put more soda water than sugar or something because it''s not AS sweet, and it''s perfect over a huge 2/3 cup of ice. I could easily drink these daily!

Oh and love love love the original ''cherry coke'' which was coke and grenadine. YUM.

gosh i do LOVE a real cherry coke - coke + grenadine. yumm.

but to answer the original question, i don''t really do soda. but if and when i do, definitely coke over pepsi, in a glass with LOTS of ice. crushed ice if possible. [like the sonic ice, yum!] i hate coke out of a can. out of the glass it''s not as bad, but with ice is BEST, to me.
5.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh, and i can''t diet. not even coke zero. blah. yucks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
This always cracks me up, people who go to McD''s and order a big mac, fries and then a diet soda. Like the diet soda, really helps ya??
Just get the regular soda, you''re over the calorie limit for the day anyway... LOL.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 1:28:40 PM
Author: Kaleigh
This always cracks me up, people who go to McD''s and order a big mac, fries and then a diet soda. Like the diet soda, really helps ya??
Just get the regular soda, you''re over the calorie limit for the day anyway... LOL.
I thought if you went iwth the diet coke it negated the other calories.. no??
33.gif
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love diet coke but try to limit myself to only having it once every few months. mmm might have some tonight!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Pepsi Max all the way! Yummeh.
18.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I rarely drink soda, but when I do I won't touch anything diet with a ten-foot pole. Cream soda is my favorite, followed by ginger ale, followed by regular Coke. Once in a long while, I do like a root-beer float. Other than that, I really don't like any other kinds AT ALL, and usually I'm satisfied after a couple sips of the kinds I do like -- it's all just too sweet for me. I do love seltzer, though, and Polar makes a vanilla seltzer that tastes like cream soda without the sweetness
30.gif
. I could drink that all day long.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

Haha, yeah, I used to think that too, but now I''m starting to realize diet and regular isn''t even necessarily about calories. It seems people just like one or the other.

But, hey... if diet soda make the big mac disappear, I''ll learn to like diet!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 2:04:41 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Haha, yeah, I used to think that too, but now I''m starting to realize diet and regular isn''t even necessarily about calories. It seems people just like one or the other.

But, hey... if diet soda make the big mac disappear, I''ll learn to like diet!
I used to order huge meals and always a diet coke. I never thought about the calories of coke. I just didn''t like regular coke. Plus, diet has more caffeine than regular so it was a nice pick me up after a big lunch
3.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
WATER!!!
3.gif

I stopped drinking soda when I got to college, for no particular reason really, just never thought to. When I tried it again (after about 2 years), I felt like my throat was being burnt off
14.gif

Before then, though, I had a soft spot for root beer. Never really enjoyed any other soda.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
I probably shouldn''t drink cola which we refer to as pop here in Canada but I can''t help it. I find it really refreshing and I''m still in school so when I am on the run sometimes I have to stop and the vending machine and grab a can.

Ok, I prefer Pepsi over Coke I find it sweeter and a bit less fizz but fizzy enough for me. And I also prefer Diet Pepsi over Diet Coke but I don''t mind Coke zero. If I have a choice I most enjoy Pepsi/Diet Pepsi in a glass with tons of ice but If I don''t have a choice I prefer in a can as it tends to stay colder in the can at least it seems so to me.

I used to LOVE diet vanilla coke but they took it off the market at least I think so b/c I can NEVER find it or they stopped selling it in Canada boo!
I also love orange Fanta which I used to drink when I was little but I think they don''t make that any more either b/c I never see it around.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Diet Coke with Lime.

Ahhhh.

But I stopped buying it because DH doesn''t drink soda and I''d just guzzle it, so I very rarely drink soda of any kind now since we tend to eat meals at home. I had a Diet Coke the other day and was surprised by how overly sweet it tasted to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results