shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite appliance/kitchen gadget?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 10:58:43 AM
Author: lilyfoot
I don''t have many gadgets .. I guess the new George Foreman has to be my favorite .. we got the one with the interchangeable plates, and even though I''ve only used it for burgers thus far (mmm), I know it''ll come in handy for a bunch of stuff. And because the plates come off, it''s easy to clean.

My sisters love their George Foreman as well. We''re registered for a stovetop griddle/grill and panini press instead, so hopefully we''ll like it as much!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Food processor -- I grated 2 1/2 pounds of carrots for a cake the other day in a matter of two minutes. Also great for making humus, soups, pesto, grated cheese, sliced stuff, chopped nuts, ......

2. KA espresso machine -- Makes amazing coffee and has led me to roast my own beans and grind them fresh as needed.

Other things that are a huge help in cooking healthy & saving money:

Basic hand juicer for citrus fruits
hand crank pasta machine
blender

What I would LOVE to add to our kitchen:

KA stand mixer
Food processor with various size bins
mandalin (for thin slicing veggies)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something my husband would LOVE to get is a Keurig single-serve brewing machine (for coffee, tea, or hot chocolate). I may need to have a talk with Santa. We love the idea of gadgets and appliances but I''m not sure what we''d get a lot of use out of. Neither one of us are huge cooks or bakers. We''re practicing more now though.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
A got this little milk frother at Ikea last year for $2.99 and I use it everytime I have coffee! Just whip it up with a flavored creamer, and it''s like drinking a latte. Yum!!

We also are huge fans of the George Foreman grill. I wish I could say how great our Magic Bullet is, but we''ve only used it a couple of times. LOL! It''s good in theory, but we''re just lazy.
3.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Muelli mill (handheld grinder)
microplane grater
mandoline (handheld)
silicone spatulas

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another for silicone spatulas...love them.

I guess I''m not that gadgety in the kitchen, although I have lots of them. My favorite kitchen thing is a good knife. I have a Wusthof 7" santoku that I love...it''s so perfect for my hand and I do everything with it. I also love my wusthof kitchen shears.

I also do like having an electric kettle.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can''t pick one favorite. Here''s my top five.

My Meissermeister Chinese cleaver. I love that thing and use it more than any other knife even though I have some really good ones.

My rice cooker. The rice comes out better textured than on the stove and I thought I was a pretty good rice cook.

My Screwpull wine cork puller. It makes opening the bottle a snap.

My Rosti stainless wok stirrer (or whatever it''s called). I use that to cook everything.

My Tramontina giant saute pan. It''s built like a tank.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo - this is fun - I have several kitchen gadgets that are my favorite!

KitchenAid Artisan Mixer
Braun Tassimo coffee maker (just like the Keurig)
Shun chef''s knife
Breville Panini Press (used it last night! yum!)
My Le Creuset dutch oven
And another one for silicone spatulas! LOVE those things!

I don''t think I could pick a favorite of any of those since they all do such different jobs in the kitchen!! But, I''m hoping to add a 14 cup food processor to the crew soon, which could possibly end up being my favorite gadget very soon - let''s see if hubby gets my"Christmas Message!"
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results