shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your fantasy shopping trip?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is to take my B-Bag into Harry Winston''s 5th Avenue store and say "Fill ''er up".

bbg.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to go on Bond Street in London to all the great shops, and then to NY to Bergdorfs, Van Cleefs, HW etc, and then a quick hop down to Worth Avenue to see a few lovely shops too...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Fantasy ?

Walk into Channel and get whatever I want!

Reality - Go to NYC with the sole purpose
of spending some major cash and coming home
with some great outfits.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
going grocery shopping with my boys WITHOUT them being monkeys!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
$20,000 gift certificate at Chapters (huge book store in Canada) I love books, and there''s always too many I want to buy, but I''m really strict on myself. One year my guy gave me $300, but it went so fast (it really wasn''t the mad shopping frenzy I thought it would be). I remember being at the cash with 2 books in my hand and saying "which one should I buy?" I want to have enough that I can totally avoid that question.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually I think I would love to have a personal shopper go out and buy a whole new wardrobe for me! I HATE shopping...I''m good for about 2-2.5 hours, then I''m tired of looking at things and tired of trying things on, and cranky in general.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can think of about several scenarios involving jewelry shopping....

I would have liked to have gone to Pearlman''s today with MrsS and been able to pick out any three items I wanted for free!
9.gif

I''d like to go shopping in NY and Beverly Hills with Diamondfan and Kaleigh sometime and pick out any three items I wanted for free! (And I''d love for more of our PS friends to join us, of course! Harriet could meet us in NY and I am sure there are others in that area, maybe Madam B?)
36.gif
(I''d stop in to see Jonathan at GOG, too!)

And since I hypothetically went to see Bill and Jon, I''d also meet Ann in Houston (Sundial, you''d have to come over, too!) and we could drop in and visit WF, pick out a diamond, and have lunch!

And I''d like to take a little trip to CA so that Widget and Art Nouveau could take me antique jewelry and colored stone shopping, and I could pick out any three items I wanted for free.
30.gif
Gosh, but on the way I need to stop by Idaho and see Wink......this is getting to be a big trip.

We really do need to have a little PS convention. But we''d scare the jewelers to death. Can you imagine 20 of us going into HW or Cartier at the same time?
6.gif
9.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2007 9:35:47 AM
Author:Madam Bijoux
Mine is to take my B-Bag into Harry Winston''s 5th Avenue store and say ''Fill ''er up''.
LOL! I''m going to steal that idea.

The key to my fantasy would be to get my hands on an American Express Black Card, and go buck wild:
Darren McClung''s jewelry shop
Gary Danko restaurant -- tasting menu
Whiteflash to stock up on ACAs
Balenciaga New York -- I could always use a new bag, or two or three
Leon Mege for a 5-carat modern cushion or a 5-carat OMC, set in something fabulously detailed
Nordie''s -- you can get a lot for your money in the Juniors section
Sephora
Oilily -- why, to stock up on $150 toddler pants, of course!
Hanna Anderssen -- awesome kids'' fleece and colorful getups
Neiman-Marcus SF -- I''d go nuts on the 4th floor.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hermes. No limit credit card.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2007 3:00:57 AM
Author: KristyDarling

Date: 3/22/2007 9:35:47 AM
Author:Madam Bijoux
Mine is to take my B-Bag into Harry Winston''s 5th Avenue store and say ''Fill ''er up''.
LOL! I''m going to steal that idea.

The key to my fantasy would be to get my hands on an American Express Black Card, and go buck wild:
Darren McClung''s jewelry shop
Gary Danko restaurant -- tasting menu
Whiteflash to stock up on ACAs
Balenciaga New York -- I could always use a new bag, or two or three
Leon Mege for a 5-carat modern cushion or a 5-carat OMC, set in something fabulously detailed
Nordie''s -- you can get a lot for your money in the Juniors section
Sephora
Oilily -- why, to stock up on $150 toddler pants, of course!
Hanna Anderssen -- awesome kids'' fleece and colorful getups
Neiman-Marcus SF -- I''d go nuts on the 4th floor.
oh oh oh... YES YES YES!!!!!! He did this marlboro infused ice cream for michael B once... insane!!! He steeped the tobacco in cream... I would love to have one of everything please!!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
An unlimited shopping spree at Pottery Barn right after we move to Oregon so we can furnish our new digs, followed by an unlimited shopping spree at JCrew for the both of us for Spring, Summer, Winter and Fall wardrobe basics (for me because JCrew is *SO* my style, and because it caters to my fiance's crazy tallness. He'd get 30 pairs of loooong jeans).

velvetfist

Rough_Rock
Mine would be to take the Concorde over to Paris, and have free reign around the city... esp. Ave Georges (Hermes), Place de Concorde (that lovely section with all the jewelers- Cartier, Mauboussin, Fred, Boucheron, Bucellati, Asprey, and the boutiques like Chanel), and around the Marais... then I''d proceed on the Eurostar, drinking champagne and enjoying the scenery over to London, where I''d have free reign in Harrod''s, Harvey Nichols, and all over Bond Street.

There was one night I was in Paris in December, and all the jewelry stores had a ''open house'' sort of evening... doors were open, they served champagne, chocolates, and appetizers... it made my window shopping so much more fun... but I bet they can do a lot of business at the end of those nights!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 10:39:19 AM
Author: diamondfan
I want to go on Bond Street in London to all the great shops, and then to NY to Bergdorfs, Van Cleefs, HW etc, and then a quick hop down to Worth Avenue to see a few lovely shops too...
DF, I get to do two out of three of yours soon: We are going to NYC next weekend. I want to go to Bergdorf's, Harry Winston's, Hermes, MaxMara and of course, Balenciaga.

In May, we will go to Worth Avenue.

But I probably won't buy much, if anything on these trips. Still need stuff for the house.
7.gif

My fantasy will be to do these same trips in a few years and be able to buy something.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 3:41:04 PM
Author: Allisonfaye

DF, I get to do two out of three of yours soon: We are going to NYC next weekend. I want to go to Bergdorf''s, Harry Winston''s, Hermes, MaxMara and of course, Balenciaga.

But I probably won''t buy much, if anything on these trips. Still need stuff for the house.
7.gif

My fantasy will be to do these same trips in a few years and be able to buy something.
For the shopping challenged...where/what is Worth Avenue?

I''m not a big brand names person, I''d just like to fill my closest with a variety of beautiful clothes for every season and accessories to match. I would take a personal shopper with me though, because I have such a hard time choosing items, whether it be home furnishings or clothing.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2007 4:41:11 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 3/30/2007 3:41:04 PM
Author: Allisonfaye

DF, I get to do two out of three of yours soon: We are going to NYC next weekend. I want to go to Bergdorf''s, Harry Winston''s, Hermes, MaxMara and of course, Balenciaga.

But I probably won''t buy much, if anything on these trips. Still need stuff for the house.
7.gif

For the shopping challenged...where/what is Worth Avenue?

I''m not a big brand names person, I''d just like to fill my closest with a variety of beautiful clothes for every season and accessories to match. I would take a personal shopper with me though, because I have such a hard time choosing items, whether it be home furnishings or clothing.
A lot like Rodeo Drive, but in Palm Beach. I love going in May because it is off season and there is nobody around. The jewelry stores salespeople give good service probably because sales are slowing down around that time of year.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shopping at Harrod''s in London! Buying antique furniture and antique jewlery there! I LOVE Harrod''s! I could eat there too! One stop shop, oh yeah, get my hair done there too!
36.gif
36.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
to go shop at Harrods with the sultan of bruneis'' credit card...and have them close the store for just me
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2007 1:30:43 PM
Author: NYCsparkle
to go shop at Harrods with the sultan of bruneis'' credit card...and have them close the store for just me
2.gif

We think alike; I likey!
2.gif
31.gif
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alli, I have actually done all three, but would love to have hubby tell me get anything you want...and have him mean it!!! Worth Ave is like any nice posh shopping street, all the high end designers, lovely restaurants, pretty to window shop...and celeb watch...HAVE FUN! And let us know what is up after you get back!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
going shopping at harrod''s - getting a china service for 12 of hunsomethingorother "lion". how do you spell that manufacturer?

5000 for anything i want pawn/estate/ebay jewelry shopping.

a service for 12 "old mark" reed and barton Francis 1st, heavy.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
All the talk about Harrod''s reminds me of the time DH and I went there before we were married. We had been dating a little under a year and we were browsing around the food area. I was starving and wanted a snack. We both love seafood and decided to have a plate of oysters. I think we ordered something like 6 oysters and I asked DH (not even FI then) if we could get another half dozen. He said ok but he was being kind of weird. I didn''t realize until like 2 years later that with the prices and exchange rates that those oysters cost like $150.
emdgust.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
My ultimate fantasy would be to shop for an architect and have him push out our kitchen about 10 feet and redesign it with all new lighting, cabinetry, counters, sinks, appliances and flooring!!! Oh! And new carpet and flooring throughout the house. Oh!! And new furniture!! Oh!! And I''d need new mattresses for everyone, and of course new bedding....

If that doesn''t count and I have to actually go somewhere to shop and I get to be totally selfish, I''d fly to Whiteflash and say, "I''ll take this one, and that one, and that pair...."
27.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Unlimited shopping at Crate and Barrel.
Replacing my expensive perfume lost in the honeymon fiasco.
Dinner at Cafe Escadrille (a really high end restaurant in a town north of Boston.
Being able to buy all the bras I need from the shops overseas (the only places that seem to carry my expensive, freak size)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results