shape
carat
color
clarity

What is you groom wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
What is your future husband wearing on your wedding day? Or what did your current husband wear on your wedding day? How about the rest of the groomsmen?

My FI is wearing a black, fitted suit, white shirt, black suspenders, and a black skinny tie. He is going to look like such a stud-hunk, I'm not going to know what to do with myself.

The groomsmen are all wearing black fitted suits as well, with white shirts, black suspenders and light blue skinny ties. They will all be pretty hunkish too
28.gif

FI is the only one that will have a boutonniere, which will be a daisy (our wedding flower), and the rest of the hunk men will have light blue handkerchiefs to match their ties.

edited for the spelling of boutonniere
2.gif

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
My groom will be wearing a black tux with black bow tie and suspenders. All the groomsmen will be wearing the same. Can''t wait to see all those handsome guys all dressed up!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Mine is wearing a khaki colored suit w/ an orange necktie. The dude''s are wearing the same but no jacket maybe, still undecided. The bouts are non-floral made with wheat and other dried stuff.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
My husband sewed himself a blue silk shirt and ivory silk pants. Very comfortable. Basically fancied-up pajamas really. He did not wear shoes. I don't have many pictures that show him straight on from the front but I attached a very fuzzy picture below that gives the gist of it! It was a bit brighter blue in person.

He considered wearing a suit (as he is very comfortable wearing them too) but went more for the laid-back hippie look in the spirit of our wedding.

We did not have any groomsmen. No boutonnieres.

phpYpN15HPM.jpg

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
This is more like the "blue" it was in real life...

phpmqM13xPM.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
FI is wearing a Calvin Klein pin striped suit (I guess lol) with an ivory vest, ivory shirt, and a custom printed tie with our main color (pool blue) flowery design.

This is the tie design
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=20894113
but it's ivory with turquoise ink. It looks awesome!

The GM's are wearing the same suit with pool blue vests, ivory shirts and euro ties.

fituxxxxxxxx.JPG

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 11:24:51 AM
Author:girlface
He is going to look like such a stud-hunk, I''m not going to know what to do with myself.
Hahaha...I love this!

FI had custom-made grey suits and white dress shirts made for himself and his groomsmen when he was working in Malaysia. They are beyond phenomenal. FI also had a vest made. Their ties are in between skinny and regular width ties and were made by FI''s mom. The groomsmen will have matching pocket squares and FI will have a boutonniere. They''re all going to look so good!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
DH, his two groomsmen, and my dad all wore a grey pinstriped suit, white shirt, and an orange tie. It was a 3-piece suit and DH loved the vest
20.gif
I didn't like it at first, but I'll admit it looked nice when he took his jacket off during the reception.

I really wanted to do the suit thing and couldn't find anywhere to rent, so we just bought them. With a 50% off discount at MW the suits cost the same as the BM dresses. We paid for half, so the groomsmen only paid as much as they would've to rent a tux. So glad we did it! Totally worth it. And now DH actually has a suit that fits him.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
The plan is for the guys to wear black suits, white shirts and yellow ties. We''re getting married in the back garden of our reception site, so I feel like formal tuxes are a little too stuffy (and often ill-fitting), but I still want it to feel somewhat formal. Hopefully, this look will strike the right balance.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Sammy! I haven''t seen you around much lately...good to hear from you!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure everyones husband will/did look fantastic!

RaiKai- I love the fact that your husband made his own suit! He must be pretty talented.
1.gif

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 4:48:58 PM
Author: girlface
I''m sure everyones husband will/did look fantastic!

RaiKai- I love the fact that your husband made his own suit! He must be pretty talented.
1.gif

Yes, I quite like that he did as well! He even has sewn me a dress, made pillows, curtains and lining/curtains with embellishments for an Arabian tent he made. I *can* sew and grew up learning how but I don''t really like it so don''t have the patience for it. He is still quite new to it, but he really likes to do it so he really does quite well at it as he has the patience for it (though he did curse a few times sewing his wedding attire as he found out silk is not the easiest of fabrics to work with!).
26.gif

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
Since we are having a destination wedding, he is wearing a light tan summer suit, orange Hermes tie and white shirt. I told him he could dress more casually, but he really wants to wear a suit.

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
My fiance is wearing a custom-made tuxedo. His best man splurged for it as our wedding gift. FI got to pick out the fabric for everything--the jacket, pants, lining, shirt, and bow tie. He''s so excited about it--he''s going to look great!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband wore a tux with a white shirt, a herringbone ivory vest and a plain ivory tie.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results