shape
carat
color
clarity

What is this green plant called?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

Sparkel was a doll and pasted this pic for me awhile back as an idea for my green and purple color combo. FI and I love it!! We thought we''d do the greens as centerpieces and sprinkle mauve or hot pinky/purpley rose petals (silk) around for a pop of color. But what exactly is the green plant called??? And do you know if it''s easily found diy???

thank you!!!

MYgreenpurplecenterpieces.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea. Looks like a really gren pineapple top or very thin aloe plant. Cool.

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
looks like some kind of ornamental grass???

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I would guess that it''s not the way the plant normally looks, and it''s probably some big leaves that were cut to thinner leaves and arranged that way. not that I am an expert, but I do know florists do this for the effect...

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
pineapple leaves
9.gif
9.gif
that is EXACTLY what i was thinking they looked like !!!!! lol

i guess i''ll email a pic to a florist and ask. i was hoping it was some kind of easy-to-find greenery that i could pick up the days before the wedding and plop them in a pretty vase.

sparkel...........where are you???? i bet you know!!!!!
36.gif

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to add that I DID end up emailing this pic to a florist and she had no idea what it was!! I''m getting frustrated now. I suppose I can use any nice green plant in its place.........any suggestions? I only know about spider plants and other than that, I''m clueless to names.

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
So Happy,

I have some bad news I don''t know exactly what that is, it''s often really hard to distinguish things from a pic. If you wanted to go the easy route on that one you could go silk instead of real. Actually by silk I mean plastic. And before you gag I have some very similiar spikey leaves in a zinc container that sits on the back of my toilet (no light in bathroom) and it looks dynamite. You could arrange them in a container and just plop them on the table.

I am normally do not advocate artificial stuff for weddings but I think that could look really dynamite. If you want to go real though you could do bunches of bear grass that are trimmed down and put into a vase (pic attached but you would of course remove the elastic before they went into a clear glass vase eww) Or you could also do bunches of ''cat grass'' or ''wheat grass'' i believe it is also called and that could look dynamite. (pic attached in next post minus the kitty but in a really cool squared container with the edges trimmed)

If you go the cat grass route you are going to want to trim it the night before into the flattened top shape and only have it in your house for a few days MAX prior to the wedding. This stuff grows faster than anything I have ever seen in my life. If you have more questions post and I''ll answer as best I can. Sorry I didnt see your post I''m still in a post valentines stupor

:) Rebecca

bear grass.jpg

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
The more I look at the original pic the more i''m becomming convinced that they could actually be a plastic piece of greenery.

hth

catgrass.jpg

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
sparkel~ do you think this could be vanilla grass? i found a silk plant by this name and it looks similar but i wanted to know if you''ve even heard of v.grass before? (as in, is it also natural/real?). I''d like to find the real stuff first if possible to check out prices......

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
To be super honest I had no idea what that grass is called but when i google imaged ''vanilla'' grass it looks very similar so that could be it. The only versin that I have seen IRL is the silk variety and it didnt have a name besides tropical grass so it doesnt really help you out much. I don''t even know where you would try to get vanilla grass from but let me know how it turns out. I am really excited to see how you pull everything together.

:) Rebecca

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results