shape
carat
color
clarity

What is this? a new type of scope?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha... where'd you find this one Gary?

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Ok Gary let’s try and guess this one.

By applying our advanced technical knowledge we conclude that the picture is a Star Fish on the Great Barrier reef as viewed through a Hearts and Arrows Scope.

Wayne
Melbourne Diamond Exchange Ltd

optimized

Shiny_Rock
(Cherry flavor, I suspect) we used to suck on when we were kids (here in the real worl...err, I mean the U.S.).
1.gif

-Tim

[/u]

ROYCOHEN

Rough_Rock
Looks like some kind of suction tool

Mike

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
Your .jpeg file name gives it away Garry. It's for sale on Professor Rhino's site, a .74 E VS2 that you've added a red tinge to. What do I win?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to say it was a stone under a microscope. Where is the link to view it on Rhino's site?!
2.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zales?

Caratz

Shiny_Rock
It's a close up of Arnold Schwarzanegger's eye in Terminator.

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
lach.gif
@ Caratz.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well done Mara - you win!!!!

Note that the diamond is lit from underneath in a microscope.
The bright bits are leakage.

Any clues as to why the leakage is different than in the Imagescope views of the same stones?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay--what do I get? I could really use a nice little solitaire pendant..you know to compliment my e-ring. Hee Hee.

The biology thing tipped me off.

The 'bright bits' as in even the bright red is leakage? Can you post an Ideal/Image/Fire Scope image of the stone so we can see and compare? Very interesting.

Why is the middle of the table absolutely black? Due to refraction of the light from the illumination of the bottom, is none reaching it?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rushing a bit, sorry.
The blue patches I covered because they are light that got in from the top.
All the remaining white and red areas are leakage that do not totally show up in the Firescope and only partly in the imagescope. The arrows pic shows leakage as black.

What this means is the direction of light shining on the pavilion is critical. All the red reflector scope photo's I have seen from all the vendors do not tell the true story.

I will have a system with me in Vegas that shows how it should be done.
We will prodce the neccessary compnemnts at cost price for anyone who wants them, as well as point you to the best camera and light box setup suppliers.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Garry, as much as I would LOVE to come to Vegas and listen to days of diamond talk...it's not in the cards this trip!! I wish I had known earlier, it would have been GREAT. Next time, definitely--if someone can sneak me into the show!
2.gif

For now my Loupe magazine from the GIA will just have to suffice. Have a blast in Vegas!
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha... Gary I know what your answer is going to be ... the perspex tray!
2.gif

Before you come out with any definitive statements about this let's talk in email and I'll share some shots with ya taken under the microscope with and without the tray. I honestly don't think the tray presents an issue but we'll talk further in email.

BTW... I was reading a little on the dt forum and Brad posted this idealscope pic. Besides the leakage taking place under the table do you see anything interesting about the upper girdles that catches your attention?

Peace,
Rhino

newlie.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yup - the stone is too small for the hole and it is missing the reflected red. He he - not what you thought
1.gif

OK it still could be what you are thinking, but the hole is shading the upper girdles.

Chriatian and I have made dozens of different lighting systems.
We will reveal the bees knees at vegas
1.gif

Also think you should be considering being part of a standardisation program Jonathon.
It is unrealistic to think that ACA, Barry, Brad, Nice Ice and all the other vendors using red reflectors will choose one of their competitors systems.

I have purposely refrained from selling diamonds via the web in USA- even though there are plenty of opportunities come my way - for what reason?

Because I choose to be independant.
I want to improve the cut quality of diamonds at both ends - demand, and supply.

I will give you guys all our R&D for nothing (just the labour cost of making a few bits of perspex and nylon).
All you will need is a camera (ideally a new Canon) and to buy the light box with camera stand attached that I will recomend. Nix for Moi.

If you buy the camera then we have a rapid capture and storage filing system we have had written. This we wish to share the cost of with users. But it is not mandatory to acheiving consistant results.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Unfortunately I will not be in Vegas this year (I have some important things to tend to here at home) but would LOVE to have atteneded the meeting. Funny you should bring up the Canon. I have their latest EOS 10D digital SLR (6.3 megapixel) which is KING of digital SLR's (except for the 11 megapixel 1DS at 8k).

Speak with ya soon mate.

Have fun at the show. I'll miss seeing all my homies there this year.

Kind regards,
Rhino

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh ... about the upper girdles on that stone. I'm willing to bet the upper girdles are =>44-45 degrees. Or as you would say ... cheated girdles. An easy way to determine this is to use as a reference the darkest reds in the pics (by the crown angles). When they fade out so light as they do on that image it's the dead giveaway.

Peace,
Rhino

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Woops ... one more thing ... in your graphic above the image taken of that stone in your example from our site IS NOT TAKEN WITH BARRY'S IMAGE SCOPE. His concoction does not show the level of detail that our LightScope does. Please correct this as I don't want people thinking that an "imagescope" can be compared to what I've invented.

Thanks,
Rhino

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not a problem friend. I know it wasn't intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results