shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the world coming to.......

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mass killing/stabbing near a friend of mines house, thankfully they were out at the time.
4 dead, one not expected to survive and ~10 more injured.
One of the dead was the mailman who he ran over with a truck after stabbing him.
This was in a low crime family neighborhood.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This was Sunday. another stabbing.
" Carter told officers he went to Rosecrance, 605 Mulberry St., for mental health care. He claimed he was initially denied treatment, threatened to kill himself and was transferred by Rosecrance staff to UW Health SwedishAmerican Hospital, 1401 E. State Street. Carter said he was released from the hospital without receiving mental health treatment before traveling to the Walmart."

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
and this is also in my area on the 27th....$0 bail, just let go....
ROCKFORD, Ill. (WTVO) — A man suspected in a 2023 murder, that resulted from a deadly car-to-car shooting in downtown Rockford, was arrested Friday and will be released before his trial.

According to police, Marcus Copeland, Jr., 25, has been charged with First Degree Murder in the killing of Joshua Ewing, 23.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry this awful rash of violence is happening near you, Karl! I’m glad you and your wifey are safe.

I’m not going to speak my opinions out of respect for the victims and because I think everyone here already knows what I would say. I won’t push my agenda. I’m just angry and upset as I am every day I watch this happen with no one doing anything about it.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@Karl_K its not just your neighbourhood :cry2:

Rockford has always had a violent crime problem but other than domestics if you were not a gang member or drug dealer your chances of getting murdered or even hurt were low even in the worst parts of town.
What has changed is the locations and more everyday people being targeted. It has got much worse while the overall crime rate has dropped some.
Rockford used to have a lot of mental heath resources available but there is now a waiting list for beds and the Chicago area centers are overfull so there is no where to send them.
The state cut the funding down to less than 10% of what it used to be even 10 years ago when it was cut in half.

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
Rockford has always had a violent crime problem but other than domestics if you were not a gang member or drug dealer your chances of getting murdered or even hurt were low even in the worst parts of town.
What has changed is the locations and more everyday people being targeted. It has got much worse while the overall crime rate has dropped some.
Rockford used to have a lot of mental heath resources available but there is now a waiting list for beds and the Chicago area centers are overfull so there is no where to send them.
The state cut the funding down to less than 10% of what it used to be even 10 years ago when it was cut in half.

Karl, the Rockford attacks are horrendous and my heart goes out to the families and individuals attacked in this heinous situation. What has really changed things for the worst is the new law that went into effect regarding no bail requirement. The crime rate has NOT dropped at all sadly, many crimes are no longer being prosecuted and, therefore, not counted to make the numbers look better than ever.

When this country dropped mental health and inpatient care for the those in crisis, many of the problems began to fester immediately. Probably the next train of thought there will be to ban all knives as a cure. Sigh...

I have family members who would love to leave Illinois but it appears the property values have dropped with so many Illinois residents fleeing to surrounding states. It's a mess, IMHO.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stormy, when I dropped packages at the post office yesterday one of the guys that I talk to behind the counter said his wife was over there two doors down taking care of a friend's dog while she was out of town. She heard the whole thing and was one of the people interviewed on the news. He was pretty upset that she was so close to that as it was going on.

You're absolutely right that the problem is growing and the resources are shrinking...

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stormy, when I dropped packages at the post office yesterday one of the guys that I talk to behind the counter said his wife was over there two doors down taking care of a friend's dog while she was out of town. She heard the whole thing and was one of the people interviewed on the news. He was pretty upset that she was so close to that as it was going on.

You're absolutely right that the problem is growing and the resources are shrinking...

I would be freaking out if my Wifey were that close to it. Poor guy.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So frightening and random. Hard to wrap your mind around the evil that perpetuates these events!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh. Sickening.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Things are getting worse every day. More money needs to be spent on mental health.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What has really changed things for the worst is the new law that went into effect regarding no bail requirement. The crime rate has NOT dropped at all sadly, many crimes are no longer being prosecuted and, therefore, not counted to make the numbers look better than ever.

This. What is the definition of insanity? If we want things to change we must vote in that change. This soft on crime BS has GOT to STOP

When this country dropped mental health and inpatient care for the those in crisis, many of the problems began to fester immediately.

Yup. This is a travesty all around :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results