shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the oldest electronic/appliance you own?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a unique item called a Goblin Teasmade. My model is from 1966 and still works perfectly.
You fill the water side, put tea in the teapot and set the alarm. 20 minutes before the alarm goes off the water starts to heat as it boils it transfers to the teapot. At your “alarm time” the lights come on and a buzzer goes off and your tea ready to pour.
A Teasmade actually features in the Queen (as in Freddy Mercury) 7057FDF5-0DE0-408B-81BA-86A192973937.jpeg video “I want to break free”!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We still have the Hotpoint oven that came with our house-- we were told it was 8 years old then and we've lived here 25 years, so that would make it 33.

My Vitamix is 27 years old.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have a unique item called a Goblin Teasmade. My model is from 1966 and still works perfectly.
You fill the water side, put tea in the teapot and set the alarm. 20 minutes before the alarm goes off the water starts to heat as it boils it transfers to the teapot. At your “alarm time” the lights come on and a buzzer goes off and your tea ready to pour.
A Teasmade actually features in the Queen (as in Freddy Mercury) 7057FDF5-0DE0-408B-81BA-86A192973937.jpeg video “I want to break free”!

Wow, that is so unique! I have never seen anything like it, and of course I had to look up the Queen video! Thanks for sharing, you should hang onto it, it’ll become a priceless antique one day!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think my Warwick Corvette electric bass would have to take that honour, 2004-2005 I believe. After 15 years it's finally broken and realised it's true tone lol

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My vibrator. It's operated by foot crank. Very difficult pumping the crank and positioning the device at the same time. :confused:

Overheard at a sex toy shop in Tennessee...
Daisy Mae- did put them vibrators up yet?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I have my CD player/boom box that I bought my freshman year of college in 1986. It still sounds great!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Singer sewing machine 1974.

Room fan 1975, used every summer and still working well.

Electric iron, also from 1974. It was a wedding present. I accidentally knocked it off the ironing board soon after I got it. It broke into many pieces. It put them all in a bag and took them to my dad, who fixed the iron. It’s still going strong.

Electric hand mixer 1974. My husband did a minor repair on it and it’s as good as ever.

Food processor about 30 years old.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prince Charles inherited his Granny's 1952 Frigidaire that came with her castle of Mey
39252892-9257539-image-a-138_1613245783233.jpg 39252888-0-image-a-122_1613245320443.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Bamix wand mixer that is nearly 20yo.

DK :))

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
My Casio FX calculator from high school, 30ish years old, still works and still with the original battery. (I'll be sad on the day when it no longer turns on).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My wee electric hand beater i got about 20 years ago for $17 from the hardwear store i worked in died
i stripped its gears beating cream i didn't realise was a bit frozen
Its a sad day
Especially as it was tucked away in a moving box for 3 years and i only recently found it again

in other (worse) news the 3 1/2 year old upright freezer took a very noisy turn for the worst in the night
Got someone out to look at it today - he also looked at its pigeon pair fridge that took sick durring lock down last year as its warrenty expired
The fridge is therefore being taken of life support - some vital irreplaceable component has rusted out
The freezer has a blockage in its pipes as its not freezing the top or bottom compartments
but it might be all encased and unable to refill the gas
we had so much trouble getting someone to come out, the guy wasn't an authorized dealer of our brand but he was helpful
Seems there was a 5 year warrenty but no one told us at time of purchase to register on line
Gary rang and talked to the owner of the shop we bought them from who then talked to the agent and got our warrenty put through
Someone is coming out on Monday
Fingers crossed
Meanwhile its kind of freezing and doesn't sound like a motor cycle

What upsets me the most is ive never had a brand new fridge before
When Gary was married he bought them a fridge pigeon pair but never got around to getting the freezer so he loved having a matching pair

have put off grocery shopping because we might have to eat what we have

Meanwhile i took all the meat and put it into the laundry beer fridge's freezer. Thank goodness we kept it when we moved. And moved all the bread into the sick freezer
Am also freezing all the freezer pads i can find because we might be using the chilly bin* come monday

* a cooler box

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock

I remember these=)2

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My microwave, which is 14 years old and has just died. My oven is also that age, but it's large and I've hardly used it as I often cook things in the toaster oven instead.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our house in Maryland is 117 years old. We have an old boiler that was adapted to gas a long time ago. It gives off the best heat through our old time radiators. We had pretty white heat resistant covers fit to cover them because they‘re not pretty. No one can figure out how old they are. Some HVAC people think the boiler is over 70 years old..but we don’t know. There are no parts to fit it if it dies. When it croaks we will need a new system. We’ve owned the house for over ten years..That monstrosity still starts up every year without any repairs. It gives us toasty heat in the winter.. ❤️

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
My appliances are slowly dying on me so I've replaced quite a few the last little bit. Our air conditioner is 25 years old and still going strong.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our Mitsubishi dehumidifier i bought 2nd hand off a work mate for $200 20 years ago died last month
we didn't use it a lot just once or twice a week over the winter months and to air/dry the odd duvet

No way are we expecting the new one to last that long

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results