shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the oldest electronic/appliance you own?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I saw an old alarm clock posted on FB and I realized that I have had my alarm clock since my freshman year in college, almost 30 years ago! It still functions perfectly and every button and function still works! My trusty clock below, they sure don’t make them like this anymore!

My husband has a tuner that is about the same age as my alarm clock, and it is still in use in our bonus room!
What oldie but goody appliance/electronic do you have?

0C375131-5C49-4600-A630-9A886260EBBB.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
while i have a think is it ok if i post something from the news ?
i have already sheared this on one of missy's threads

i must stress my own washing machine although not new is living in the electronic age and has flashing lights and sings a little tune and displays a message about wishing me a nice day when its finished

1565555713677.jpg

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had my sewing and overlock machines since 1988 and they're both still going strong. The sewing machine is a Viking and the serger/overlock is a Pfaff.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
lots of different brands ive never heard of !
how many of our rescent purchases regarded of brand or cost are going to last ........????

this is another oldie that tickled my fancy enough to stay in the back of my mind

A fridge the Queen mum brought in 1953 is still working

Attachments

• Queen-Mother-fridge-Castle-of-Mey-kitchen-1291266.jpg
    Queen-Mother-fridge-Castle-of-Mey-kitchen-1291266.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 48

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Sears pro-form treadmill. I’ve had it for 22 years. It still works and we still use it. When we have to elevate it, it makes a horrible noise so we just keep it level.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have multiple stereo receivers that my dh restores from the early 1970s.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My oldest exercise equipment is my Lifecycle from the early 1980s. Still works lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have my grandma’s sewing machine from the 1940s!

Sorry about the multiple posts. In car. Hard to post.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so sad that appliances sold today are not made to last like they used to do. It's so wasteful to have to replace them at 8-10-12 years when things used to last for 20 or more.

I am very impressed with the queen's refrigerator!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would be my Hamilton Beach Crock Pot. I have it as long as I can remember.. It’s rectangular so it fits a large roast. It makes the best pot roast. That’s the only thing I make in it...If I had to guess..I think it would be about twenty years old..

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw an old alarm clock posted on FB and I realized that I have had my alarm clock since my freshman year in college, almost 30 years ago! It still functions perfectly and every button and function still works! My trusty clock below, they sure don’t make them like this anymore!

My husband has a tuner that is about the same age as my alarm clock, and it is still in use in our bonus room!
What oldie but goody appliance/electronic do you have?

0C375131-5C49-4600-A630-9A886260EBBB.jpeg

LOL! I have the same clock radio. It is in the basement and still gets decent reception and tells time accurately. The white plastic has yellowed. I have an Amana RadarRange microwave oven that was one of the first to have a stainless steel interior. I bought it 31 years ago.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have my grandmother’s KitchenAid stand mixer. Pretty sure it’s from the first year they came out, so over 40 years old! My washer/dryer are also 27 years old....praying they never quit on me!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
It's so sad that appliances sold today are not made to last like they used to do. It's so wasteful to have to replace them at 8-10-12 years when things used to last for 20 or more.

I am very impressed with the queen's refrigerator!!!

I had a repairman come out to repair my 9 year old kitchenaid stove top and he said the same thing. He said that back in his grandparent's day appliances were made to last and parts were available for older models and brands. Nowadays, things are made so that they can be replaced, and companies are not obligated to continue making the parts after the next model year comes out. He is having a tough time finding the part needed to fix my stovetop. As a matter of fact I'm still waiting for this call to get a quote on the part and installation if the part is still available!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
LOL! I have the same clock radio. It is in the basement and still gets decent reception and tells time accurately. The white plastic has yellowed. I have an Amana RadarRange microwave oven that was one of the first to have a stainless steel interior. I bought it 31 years ago.

Yes! My clock radio has yellowed with age, and some of the buttons are a little sticky :)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some radios from the 1960’S. My clothes dryer is from 1988.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kitchen Aid mixer - it's over 25 years old.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have Kenwood Mini mixer that’s over 40 years old.

those things are the best
i regrete not letting mum buy us one for Christmas one year
my sister's one died in the earthquake, so she took mum's one when she first went into care
i don't know if sis still had it but it had to have been from the mid to late 1960s so about 50 years old then - and my mother baked an enormous amount even for a 60s house wife

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a repairman come out to repair my 9 year old kitchenaid stove top and he said the same thing. He said that back in his grandparent's day appliances were made to last and parts were available for older models and brands. Nowadays, things are made so that they can be replaced, and companies are not obligated to continue making the parts after the next model year comes out. He is having a tough time finding the part needed to fix my stovetop. As a matter of fact I'm still waiting for this call to get a quote on the part and installation if the part is still available!

my fridge is not quite two years old
ok it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some models but it still cost a grand so its not an 'alchepo' model, just a 'Barry the basic' model - its not plumbed in - we make ice the old fashoned way with ice trays

but bits of plastic are already breaking off it

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vibrator. It's operated by foot crank. Very difficult pumping the crank and positioning the device at the same time. :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results