shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the most you would spend on a single diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Short of being a millionaire, what is the most you would spend on a single diamond? This is just a monetary question, nothing to do with personal details, or which of the four C''s you prefer.

My top figure would be $17,000. I know things change but at the moment I just feel if I had say $50,000 and everything else in life I would not be able to spend that much on a single diamond.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i would spend 3000. I know that i can find if i wait patiently enough a nice secondhand 1.5-2 carat diamond, seeking a marquise or heart.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 5:58:06 AM
Author: ladykemma
i would spend 3000. I know that i can find if i wait patiently enough a nice secondhand 1.5-2 carat diamond, seeking a marquise or heart.
clearly I need to come shopping with YOU! Our pawnshops never have diamonds over 3/4 ct! I think they sell them to diamond dealers.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I can afford an item, I'll pay whatever the price is. In deciding whether I can afford it, I make sure that I have enough to cover the utility and other bills and possible emergencies first.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Nothing, right now! But some day when the kids'' tuition is in the bank and we have a reasonable retirement fund saved, I''d probably go up to about $10,000. That really is as much as I can imagine comfortably spending. But it would be enough to get a very nice 1.25 to 1.5 ct round and set it nicely, I think. If not I''ll have to live vicariously through the board! Which I also enjoy doing very much.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 5:39:46 AM
Author:Pyramid
Short of being a millionaire, what is the most you would spend on a single diamond? This is just a monetary question, nothing to do with personal details, or which of the four C''s you prefer.

My top figure would be $17,000. I know things change but at the moment I just feel if I had say $50,000 and everything else in life I would not be able to spend that much on a single diamond.
And how much if it were married?
27.gif
31.gif
Sorry, Pyramid, couldn''t resist.

I''d probably top out at 15,000. I don''t know why.

shay

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, when I started on my quest to find the anniversary diamond, I was thinking $10,000 for a 1.3-1.49 ct. stone. No particular reason. Once I got on here, my budget went up to $14,000 for the stone. My husband would have been okay with $20,000, probably, but I had that diamond modesty syndrome and had to deliberate on getting a 1.63! Now that is a round...I''d go bigger if I could get a cushion because so much of the weight is in the depth. I do deliberate on whether to upgrade just once to closer to 2 cts., but I really love the stone I have, so I probably won''t.

But all that is to say, my likely max would be from $14,000 to $20,000.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
50 - 65K ( for my upgrade, if and when I figure out what I want.)

just spent 13K on the ACA 1.54 rb pendant

amazing how those little stinkers keep going up every year!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Under 20K would be most comfy for me.. Haven''t you seen so many big stones only to be taken out of safe for this special Day? Then back to the bank...Not for me even if I had lots of money..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results