shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the most valuable thing that you've lost?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
This thread inspired by the most "interesting things found" thread.....I'll start:

I left an ipad in the pocket of an airplane seat while traveling in China, and never recovered it.

My husband lost a Movado watch that I got him (actually left it in a hotel room while traveling), and when the hotel tried to mail it back to us, it mysteriously disappeared....they mailed it in a standard letter size envelope (Stupid) and though we received the envelope, there was a big tear in it, and no watch.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost a gorgeous white and yellow and pink gold bracelet in Alaska in 1992 when I was hiking. I like to think it is still there enjoying the stunning scenery.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My youth! It disappeared into thin air:eek2:.

This!:lol-2:

And also a pair of diamond flower cluster earring in 18ct yellow gold. They were a present from my eldest sister for my 21st & I wore them to NZ, where I was a bridesmaid for one of my besties who lives there. I took them out for cleaning & then left them behind in the hotel. The hotel, of course, said none of their cleaners had handed them in.....

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart to my kids was the first thing that popped into my mind.

I can hardly remember stuff I’ve lost in all honesty.
1. A cashmere Paul Smith beanie when my DH and I took our son to Paris for the first time. He was 5 and that was my most memorable vacation.
2. A folder full of blank notebook paper when I was 7 years old. I cried when I thought I lost it.
3. My Dad’s favorite cashmere scarf when I was in grade school.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My self-confidence in the real world :(

If anyone finds it, please let me know.

lol

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The love of my life, we were both young and stupid, he proposed and I said no, I thought at the time we were both too immature to get married.... I've been married to someone else for nearly 20 years. I think back to how different my life would have been if I had of said yes.

Q

Queenie60

My Burberry umbrella. Ugg:cry2: - fell out of the side pocket of my car

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ugh so many things...my husband, faith in men, trust and love and ironically enough my original engagement ring! :rolleyes:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My youth! It disappeared into thin air:eek2:.

My heart to my kids was the first thing that popped into my mind.

My self-confidence in the real world :(

The love of my life.

I guess I wasn't thinking about these non-material items that we have lost when I started this thread, but these are so much more valuable than the material things that really can be replaced! Now I'm sad.....hugs to all for your losses.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve lost some jewelry pieces- a few bracelets, pendants and rings from when I was younger. Nothing too expensive but at the time when I bought them you would have thought I had spent a fortune.
I’m not even sure how I misplaced them so I think someone took them and I’m pretty sure I know who did it. Two things in particular are an amethyst bracelet which I think I even posted a thread about on PS, and a diamond name ring which I had made when I was 19.
I looked all over for the amethyst bracelet bc it’s a set that I wore with amethyst earrings, a pendant and ring. I only ever keep my stuff in one spot so I really don’t know how I lost these things.
The sad thing is I think it’s my mom who took them.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recently lost my crystal opal ring which was a bummer, but I like to think someone found it and it's now someone else's treasure.

Reactions: AV_

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh dear
so sad for all the lost things both material and otherwise @OoohShiny and @Kaycee2018 which is the 'hugs' emoje :roll
@Alex T what did these earings look like? - ill look at every pair of ears i pass on the streer from now on. im so sorry you were a victim of crime while in my country
and @baby monster thank goodness you made us laugh because these stories of lost engagment rings and wedding bands are too sad

im.not sure the rule on posting links but i just those stories in the news about lost rings found years latter grown into a carrot etc
yesterday i read of a visitor to an old folks home who had a metal detector
he was talking to one of the other residents who had lost her wedding ring decades ago and he went out with his metal detector and found it in 40 min. you can imangine how happy the old dear was

I've lost a silver belcher braclette that had taken me a couple of months to save up for
i lost it in long grass and i hope someone found it and wears it as oposed to the council lawn mower munching it up
on holiday in South Africa in 1992 i left my duty free in a public toilet
it was a Swarovski apple
i hope someone found it rather than it getting thrown out as rubbish

usually i find things i loose
i use the power of positive thinking and just imangine over and over the releaf i'll feel when i have it in my hands again
ive got a few things misplaced at the moment ...one is the replacement belcher braclete - its in its box in a safe place somewhere ....

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
as usual please excuse all my typos
no offence is ever intended
spell check doesn't work for my brain

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Imperial Jade centre stone of my mum's ring during one drunken office event back in 1994. It was a lovely emerald green and glassy clear stone but not very big set in a double diamond halo. I loved that ring.
It was claw/prong set and one of the claws caught something and bent.
I avoided anything with claws or prongs since. And jade!

DK :roll2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom's wedding set, she passed away when I was eight and I actually wore her set all through high school. Long story short it was stolen in a home burglary, I have replicated it but you know it's never the same.

Also my high metabolism got lost somewhere in my 20's if anyone finds it please let me know!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost a diamond earring out somewhere I think on our front lawn, I've never found it but I still look.....

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
A really nice little braided gold ring. Very delicate and very pretty.
My small diamond studs. I think they got sucked up in the vacuum.
I could replace them, but never got around to it. Thankfully nothing too expensive or precious!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amethyst and diamond ring, a family treasure I will never get over losing. A beautiful vintage charm bracelet, emerald earrings. These pieces didn’t survive a few house moves :(2

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost the prettiest little Bass once. A fish, for those who are wondering.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A ruby ring my late father gifted me for getting into university, it still saddens me as I have no idea how I lost it or whether it was taken by someone :cry2:
It just disappeared.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost a couple pieces of jewelry as a kid. Two birthstone rings. After I lost the last one my mom wouldn't buy me any more jewelry. As an adult, we had a home break in and they stole my 14k class ring and a mini take recorder I played music on for my two babies when they went to sleep. (dating, I know). I have always been bummed about that. I wanted to give it to my daughter one day. I have only lost one other thing. I had a small gold ring made by Imperial Gold. I forgot to take it off and went to sleep with it on. I woke in the middle of the night, took it off and set in on the nightstand and the next morning it was not there. I have torn everything apart and could never find it.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
A diamond bracelet made of white gold. It was petite and pretty, one of the few things I'd ever gotten from my ex. I miss it, but maybe it would have had bad energy associated with it now.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost a couple pieces of jewelry as a kid. Two birthstone rings. After I lost the last one my mom wouldn't buy me any more jewelry. As an adult, we had a home break in and they stole my 14k class ring and a mini take recorder I played music on for my two babies when they went to sleep. (dating, I know). I have always been bummed about that. I wanted to give it to my daughter one day. I have only lost one other thing. I had a small gold ring made by Imperial Gold. I forgot to take it off and went to sleep with it on. I woke in the middle of the night, took it off and set in on the nightstand and the next morning it was not there. I have torn everything apart and could never find it.
oh dear
this thread is so bi- polar in nature
im running for tissues with a post like yours or having a hoot at others
if you still live in the house you took that ring off in don't give up hope
one day you'll move or buy new carpet or something and it might just turn up

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When it comes to bling I lost a lovely 1 carat Alexandrite. It was a beautiful minty/blue that changed to pink/purple. And I lost a large gorgeous purplish red spinel. One moment it was on my finger on a gem holder (the type that looks like a ring) and the next it was gone. I am kind of crazy in keeping my house clean so I thought it would be easy to find. Never found it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is thought provoking and if I had to say what in my opinion would be the most valuable *thing* one could lose (independent of losing a loved one of course and a loved one is not a thing but I digress) it would be losing one's peace of mind. For me that would be the most valuable thing one could lose.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My old cell phone, only because it had all the photos I took of my old cat, plus the password to the backup files. I just can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results