shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the most valuable thing that you've lost?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My virginity :lol:

Hahaha from what some of my friends have told me if you wait long enough (hello menopause lol reason it was called that I think) you can be a virgin all over again. Born again virgin. :lol-2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost a beautiful Greek Key turquoise and silver bracelet that my father bought my mother in Mexico when they were first married and she gifted to me when I was in my early 20's. One of my roommates stole it and I never got it back. I still feel horribly guilty.

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
In terms of material possession- the piece that immediately comes to mind was my first piece of real gold jewelry. Granted, I think it was only 14k, but it was a tiny pendant of a dog, maybe similar to a Labrador. It had a collar on it with a little bell. I wore it everyday to school (I was in middle school). The clasp broke one day while I was out in the courtyard for PE. I noticed I wasn't wearing it anymore after changing and went back out to look for it. Never found it :( My parents didn't make much money then so it was very disheartening to lose something so valuable like that.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother's original wedding band. :cry2: It was my fault, and I will never, ever recover from that loss.

And these were not so much lost but STOLEN from me (by my cousin, of all people! :angryfire: She later fessed up out of guilt but never returned anything to me. Freakin' klepto!):
- The first piece of jewelry ever given to my mother by a boyfriend, when she was 15. A simple V-shaped band in WG. My mom gave it to me because it no longer fit her.
- The first piece of "real" jewelry ever given to me by my mother - a dainty little 18k YG ruby and diamond band from Florence, Italy, when I was 14.
- A platinum and paste ring from the 1930s, from my late grandmother
- A YG and diamond ring from the 1980s, from my late grandfather

I'm super sad and bitter about her stealing all these little treasures from me, which weren't high-value monetarily but were *extremely* precious to me in terms of their sentimental value. We strongly suspect that this cousin also stole my mother's expensive 1.5 carat Tiffany-style diamond solitaire, which was in her jewelry box one day and then gone the next. My cousin is now a saintly, church-going mother of three who has everyone fooled. :rolleyes:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results