shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the most selfish thing you do just for yourself?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
calvinandhobbesneverenoughtime.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Play video games. I do it as a mindless zen activity that reduces my stress, but DH doesn't understand it that way. It can be 1-2 hours a day. Usually before bed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Play video games. I do it as a mindless zen activity that reduces my stress, but DH doesn't understand it that way. It can be 1-2 hours a day. Usually before bed.

I was just saying to my DH I’d love to see what video games are about. I never played. I’m especially interested in the interactive 3D newer stuff but I don’t remember the term for it.

I think activities like that help us get out of our heads and escape and re energize our batteries so to speak. It’s a kind of meditation for me. The activity that does this for me is cycling with my DH down the shore. Nothing like smelling the salt air, heating the ocean waves and flying on the bike. Pure bliss. And yes, stress melts away.

3C73F7E4-F99A-41C2-B53E-078386C8DB81.jpeg

And the other selfish thing I do is take daily baths while we are at the beach house. Love baths with lavender salts and Epsom salts too. Not a bubble bath person though.

BBD54922-8E83-444C-B031-53BC835DD16A.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Biking legs! @missy !

Happyness goes around. You happy, me happy [and if I weren't writing in a beloved spot of town, i'd want a good soak; tonight... so be it!]

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, besides buying jewelry.........
Every morning I make a pot of chai from loose tea, milk and chai masala (chai spice mixture) from the Indian Market. I make sure I never run out.
I sit and sip it in peace before DH wakes up. It's the only food/drink I don't share with him.
For me only!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, besides buying jewelry.........
Every morning I make a pot of chai from loose tea, milk and chai masala from the Indian Market. I make sure I never run out.
I sit and sip it in peace before DH wakes up. It's the only food/drink I don't share with him.
For me only!

Yummmm.

And as for buying bling @stracci2000 that’s a necessity for our well being as air is to breathing. No? :lol:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a very busy person & can get exasperated at times at how little i actually do for myself. I like to run 3 or 4 times a week, but I don't feel that running in the Gym is as therapeutic as throught the Woodlands & tracks where I live. When I run outdoors (poorly feet permitting the concrete lanes that connect the fields & tracks) I feel absolutely glorious. It makes me feel alive & appreciative of my health & environment.

The other thing i do without fail on a week day, is when i have collected the girls from school, unpacked their bags, re-packed them, sorted homework & made packed lunches, i make a really indulgent coffee with hot milk, then i sit alone in the dining room & browse my tablet. The girls know not to disturb me during my 'Mummy Coffee Break' & I am really thankful, just for those few minutes to quiet my brain.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, I do LOTS of selfish things just for me! The most selfish would definitely be my diamond jewelry habit. 8) Others:

- Morning coffee while reading the news/browsing the internet
- Evening wind-down after I've cleaned up dinner: could be reading a great book or watching Netflix on my laptop
- Playing and listening to music
- Evenings out with my girlfriends

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's gotta be the fishing; dad and I sat down a few years ago and did some rough sums and we discovered that we've spent over half a million dollars on our hobby. I guess it's not entirely selfish since I feed my family and contribute to scientific research, but no doubt I get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like a lot of other PSers, collecting jewelry is definitely the most selfish thing I do.

If we can exclude that...it’s taking baths. I usually take a bath 3-4 times a week. I can literally sit in there for 2 hours, no problem. I use a spare bedroom to store all my Lush bath bombs. Yup, definitely my favorite selfish habit. :mrgreen:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Besides jewelry, I have been seeing the same trainer since 2007. She's helped me get through so many different physical challenges, I love her to pieces!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Besides jewelry, I have been seeing the same trainer since 2007. She's helped me get through so many different physical challenges, I love her to pieces!

that does not sound at all selfish!

mine is reading, i'll get engrossed in a book or long read and lost track of time...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think selfishness gets a bad rap.
Of course too much is bad, but taking good care of yourSELF is an important part of a balanced and healthy life.

Breathing is selfish.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A really nice pedicure every two weeks.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

mine is reading, i'll get engrossed in a book or long read and lost track of time...
@bludiva , We have membership to the Y for swimming & I guess I've felt the expenditure for my trainer was 'selfish' as I could always go to the Y to work out.

In the beginning, she was necessary...I've had a couple of significant surgeries & she was instrumental in my recovery & subsequent mobility.

But it could be looked at as a selfish expense today when I have the Y available and am completely recovered etc.....

And yes, I love to read also!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm the baker in the family. My son, husband, siblings, grandmother, autiees, uncles, friends, etc. absolutely luv my baking, shucks, even strangers. I just make Pies, pound cakes, cookies, etc. Nothing fancy.

Of course the fall is apple orchard season and every year I bake deserts apple pies and crisps and give them the family and friends.

This year I was selfish.

Went to the apple orchard end of september/ beginning october. bought 5 bushels of McIntosh apples. Perfectly made an apple crisp every 2-3 days until all of the Apple were gone. I ate everyone of those crisps myself:evil2:

For about 4 weeks i was in apple crisp heaven!!! i didn't tell my son , my sis...nobody. Hubby is not into sweets so my executed plan was PERFECT! I made them. They were absolute deliciousness. I refused to share. . . Man!!! It felt good!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think selfishness gets a bad rap.
Of course too much is bad, but taking good care of yourSELF is an important part of a balanced and healthy life.

Completely agree. If we don't take care of ourselves then we cannot help anyone else so actually being selfish isn't if we look at it from that perspective.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like a lot of other PSers, collecting jewelry is definitely the most selfish thing I do.

If we can exclude that...it’s taking baths. I usually take a bath 3-4 times a week. I can literally sit in there for 2 hours, no problem. I use a spare bedroom to store all my Lush bath bombs. Yup, definitely my favorite selfish habit. :mrgreen:

Haha and I thought I took long baths from an hour to 90 minutes depending. LOL you rock @elle_71125. Super relaxing just lazing about in a nice hot bath.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm the baker in the family. My son, husband, siblings, grandmother, autiees, uncles, friends, etc. absolutely luv my baking, shucks, even strangers. I just make Pies, pound cakes, cookies, etc. Nothing fancy.

Of course the fall is apple orchard season and every year I bake deserts apple pies and crisps and give them the family and friends.

This year I was selfish.

Went to the apple orchard end of september/ beginning october. bought 5 bushels of McIntosh apples. Perfectly made an apple crisp every 2-3 days until all of the Apple were gone. I ate everyone of those crisps myself:evil2:

For about 4 weeks i was in apple crisp heaven!!! i didn't tell my son , my sis...nobody. Hubby is not into sweets so my executed plan was PERFECT! I made them. They were absolute deliciousness. I refused to share. . . Man!!! It felt good!!!

I hear you and yummmmmm. Good for you. Sometimes you just gotta do for you and not worry about everyone else.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gosh I love getting lost in a good book. Time flows seamlessly and it's rejuvenating in a way.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@sarahb good for you! That's a rare find and glad you still have her in your life. Working out the body is critical IMO for working through stuff emotionally and keeps us balanced and strong.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results