shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the longest amount of time..

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I probably check in every day, it's habit and I love our community. It's been incredibly supportive and uplifting during some really tough times in my life. I cannot thank everyone here enough for sharing my passion for gems & jewellery when no one else in my life does. :love: I have probably only stayed away if super busy at work or if I'm out of internet range etc.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I've left for a few years at a time. I came back in 2013-2014 when engaged, but not engaged in the forum until this year. I got to know some of you and I'm hooked! Diamonds and pearls are a bonus.
Here for the people.

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
A few days on vacation.

It is definitely a daily habit now, though. But I think when COVID clouds clear away, I hope I spend more time outside and less time looking at a screen generally.

I am also really not enjoying my job, so it is a wonderful escape.

I am on a few forums, and am shocked and amazed at the caliber of conversation on PS, which is ultimately what brings me back. Oh...and shinies... :lol:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I joined when I had a question about a Cartier ring but just started being more present in Nov. I'm curious about the political/troll drama - where did that happen? Hangout? I only recently discovered the portion of just talking about whatever as I stick mainly to bling stuff. But since being on here, I feel that my always love of jewelry has only increased and I have been splurging on more stuff. For that reason I feel like I may need to force myself to take a break but I don't want to because it's fun to chat with so many that share the same passion! None of my real life friends are jewelry people. As @missy said when I posted about feeling nutty over a jewelry decision, "you're with your people". That really reasonated! :lol:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably months to maybe a year or so. It is the perfect forum for this grown up woman who as a child put all her quarters into the gumball machine that had rings, hoping that quarter would bring her a shiny ring.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Definitely in fits and starts. Sometimes I feel too enabled and need to leave it a bit when I have spent too much!
Edit to add - I am on a couple of other forums for other interests and this one is definitely the friendliest, not that I am claiming ppl are always perfectly behaved :D

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Probably months to maybe a year or so. It is the perfect forum for this grown up woman who as a child put all her quarters into the gumball machine that had rings, hoping that quarter would bring her a shiny ring.

I remember this exact wish! :)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love PS but I have had to take a few breaks at times.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have probably only left when I was on a vacation where I had no computer access. Or when traveling abroad for some other reason. When I first joined I read a lot more than I do now and I knew a lot more new posters than I do now. My interest in diamonds and jewelry has waned so I read very few of the Pricescope fora, even fewer since political discussion has once again been tabled.

I love the group here and like returning to see what people are up to. If political discussion returns, I am sure I will be more interested in the site. Political and historical discussions are necessary for me. After I read the newspaper or see a story on MSNBC, I want to discuss it with some discerning friends. Being unable to do that here any longer means that I spend less time here, but I always want to connect with my friends.

One more thing: nobody seems to enjoy the book threads anymore. I used to enjoy those a lot, too. We even had a sub-forum (The Library?) about what we were reading at one point.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If political discussion returns, I am sure I will be more interested in the site. Political and historical discussions are necessary for me. After I read the newspaper or see a story on MSNBC,
I miss the political talks with Deb... :lol: NYT is still in business?

Drm1grl

Shiny_Rock
Even though I do not post all the time, I love this community so much. The people are kind, deep, thoughtful and supportive. I have been away a lot during the pandemic because I have been ridiculously busy work-wise - and I put all my beautiful pieces away and knuckled down (with very few sparkles on those knuckles lol). I have realized in the past few weeks that in addition to the essentials (husband, kids, parents, sister, exercise), I still need to take breaks for the things that make my heart sing (nature, music, long talks with my girlfriends) - and the Price Scope community is one of those things! Coming here and being able to view all the beautiful jewelry, and to interact with lovely people who get this interest of mine, is like visiting the most incredible museum with wonderful friends who are part of my tribe. So I am back to checking in every day. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results