shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the longest amount of time..

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That you have voluntarily stayed away from PS? Like. Not even read any posts. And why? If you care to share.
Me—probably like 2 weeks due to being on a European vacation and choosing to stay disconnected. And tbh, I probably only stay away when I’m on vacation.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had a couple of times away for some weeks or months. The time blurred so couldn't tell you how long. There was a period where things were just way too much politics and I couldn't handle more of it so drifted away to more books and things where I could get back to an inner peaceful feeling. Another time was so painful and difficult that I couldn't bring myself to be here as I felt I would have nothing to offer except sadness and complaining.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I’ve checked in most days since I joined, it’s just part of the routine now!

I do read lots of old posts from many of the past regulars and wonder what their reasons are for leaving or stopping posting though.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I think I've been away for a few years due to study commitments and being poor lol. When I came back I noticed lots of changes and the level of discussion really blew me away. I really love that we could talk about anything here.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Well i havn't been here very long but about 5 days when i was bed riden with vertigo a few months back

Oh no! I have vertigo now, it is ok if I lay on my back though, so I am here with laptop balanced on ma boobs! :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A day? LOL I was just chatting with a friend here about this. As long as it brings me joy I will come here and when it stops so will I.

There are some days I need a bit more of a blingy and diversion and other days I need a little bit of a bling break.

I enjoy the company of many PSers and I have made a few lifelong true friends from PS. For that I will always be truly grateful. For that reason alone PS is invaluable. As are the people who spend time here.

loveyou.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was "away" for several months last year (and apparently I missed a lot -- political discussions were banned, a bunch of trolls came through, some amazing new stuff was homed to lovely wearers). I just felt like there was a lot of negativity and outright meanness going on so I stepped back. I was still in touch with some wonderful PSers through off the board, including a few that reached out to make sure I was OK when I "disappeared." It was a thread from Matata who brought me back, so I think she should send me a box with champagne and candy! :wink2:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think my longest was 8 days when I was in the hospital in 2006 when my elbow operation went sideways.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Several years. I pretty much left when my engagement ended. I left other forums I was participating in also so it wasn't just here. I was just too depressed and anxiety ridden to be around anywhere, especially the more relationship oriented a forum was. I did start lurking again though when my husband and I started dating though. And while I am not a prolific poster by any means I have stayed ever since I came back. I just don't post a ton because I don't have anything most people here care about. Mostly just here to ooh and ahh and tell other people how lovely their projects are lol.

Several years. I pretty much left when my engagement ended. I left other forums I was participating in also so it wasn't just here. I was just too depressed and anxiety ridden to be around anywhere, especially the more relationship oriented a forum was. I did start lurking again though when my husband and I started dating though. And while I am not a prolific poster by any means I have stayed ever since I came back. I just don't post a ton because I don't have anything most people here care about. Mostly just here to ooh and ahh and tell other people how lovely their projects are lol.

FWIW, I'm glad you're here, @MeowMeow!

I come and go in spurts. Started on PS when I was looking at e-rings and wedding bands. Then paused while work/life got crazy. Came back a couple years later while I was maternity leave. Then life got crazy again with a new baby and moving homes. Now I'm back! Hopefully I'll be hanging around for a while longer this time :)

Last edited:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I joined in 2004, "lurked" a while and left. Returned in 2013 and couldn't for the life of me remember my original username, etc., so joined again.

In the past, I spent a lot of time online, so I've metered my time here on PS. Lately, though, I'm here daily. Sometimes I just take a quick look and other times, I do post.

PS has evolved over the years to be very enjoyable for the most part! Although it's sometimes verrrrry scary when I see/find sparklies (or pearls) that sorely tempt me—and then I give in to that temptation. :bigsmile: Clearly it doesn't scare me away completely...

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Usually when I try to disconnect, take a break from the internet, and be more present.

I've sort of lost interest in diamonds and jewelry, but I really enjoy the people and discussions. People here are nice, kind, thoughtful, and smart.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I think at one point I was banned for 6 months (because I was inquiring about DF and why I haven't seen him around!!!), and I was so upset, that I ended up staying away for about 6 years!

Different administration now I'm told....I'm one of the least controversial posters I know....

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think at one point I was banned for 6 months (because I was inquiring about DF and why I haven't seen him around!!!), and I was so upset, that I ended up staying away for about 6 years!

Different administration now I'm told....I'm one of the least controversial poster I know....

So am I...:praise: BUTTTT.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
10 days several times for vacation. Otherwise I'm here every day -

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost 5 years! PS was making me want too many things, so I took a break. Since I've been back, I've completely made up for it by acquiring far too much!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vacation. I am not in the trade and not actively looking to buy jewelry. But I access PS everyday. I do not post everyday however. But I love the various forum topics and have always felt well treated With my inquiries and posts. Jewelry information and discussions is unsurpassed.The wealth of non jewelry information is outstanding. This and a food related forum are the only two I actually participate in. It is through Pricescope that I accessed other speciality forums to answer my questions.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a few years off but I also was at a point in my life where I had to hunker down and get some things done.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Months at a time......then back with a vengeance!

cheers--Sharon

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
A few years at a time for various reasons.
I lose interest then see something and it sparks my love fir diamonds and I come back.

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock
I joined last year and learned a lot! Got a wonderful upgrade for my 20th and then started not visiting as much for a couple of reasons. One, there are, what seem to be some really longstanding and strong friendships (which is terrific) but made it seem a little like I was spying and an outsider looking in. Second, it was too easy to get a little bit envious of what others were doing and so I found myself doing too much comparing. I've been back because I had a new project to work on and wanted to brush up on my round cut knowledge and because no one else in my circle loves bling the same way I do. But ya'll get it!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I just signed up last year to get diamond necklace info.

PS has become my quarantine escape. I love hearing everyone's stories. It is a bit addictive though. Buying jewelry has got to be cheaper than therapy, right? :D

After I find my OEC, I should probably lay off a little bit!

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
I Come and go in spurts since 2011 .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results