shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the biggest RB diamond you could wear daily!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
A local jeweler happened to have a very nice 3.5ct E Si2 (no cut grade, but looked really well cut to me!) estate stone in their store and I tried it on!

No photos 8) but wowee it was crazy big! My friend who was with me thought it was too big, but I thought,"Hey, in a low profile setting like a Lucinda-esque cross prong, I could totally rock it!"

So societal or social norms aside (as much as they can be put aside), what is the biggest rock you would comfortably rock? Let's assumer RBs.

My answer: I think I could rock a 3.5ct! It would be divine!

PS: All I kept thinking when I was wearing it was "I can't believe some of my PS friends have rocks like this!" It blew my mind. I have never seen a rock like that in real life before.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it is SO hard for me to put the social norms aside because that has so much to do with my comfort level!!! Taking that into consideration, my 7.6mm stone is all I can handle! But putting that aside, I think a 2 ct. rb would be nice!!!

At our last Charlotte get-together, we went to an estate jeweler that had a 6 carat round!!!! It was HUGE!!! I just can't even imagine wearing such a thing!

I have large 7.25 fingers. The stone I have now is a 3.18 .. and I think it looks small. SO.....daily? 8? 9? 20?

I'll just get a setting with 'two rings', one that goes over my ring finger and one that goes over my middle finger :naughty:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Maybe 300 carats, and I'd put it in a pendant

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
How big is DiamanteBlu's RB? That stone looks pretty darn nice to me . . .
My current ring has a 2.3 antique cushion, which faces up close to a 2 ct RB. I thought it looked HUGE for about, oh, an hour. Now I'm very comfortable with the size. So how long would it take to get comfortable with, say, a 5 ct--3 hours? I could suffer through that. :cheeky:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hmm, I really don't think I could wear anything larger than 1.5, maybe 1.75 carat! I just think it would look ridiculous on me (and no, I do NOT think those sizes and larger look ridiculous on you ladies...just can't picture it on myself!)

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Haven|1304812628|2915140 said:
How big is DiamanteBlu's RB? That stone looks pretty darn nice to me . . .
My current ring has a 2.3 antique cushion, which faces up close to a 2 ct RB. I thought it looked HUGE for about, oh, an hour. Now I'm very comfortable with the size. So how long would it take to get comfortable with, say, a 5 ct--3 hours? I could suffer through that. :cheeky:

ITA!

I wear a halo'd 2ct. Take away the halo, I think I could do a 5ct in a low basket setting.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My daily would be a carat. Yeah, lame , i know, but if it makes any difference, I'd could easily do 1.5 ct per ear. Lol

Im not not a big bling gal...but would like some big a$$ earrings

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The one I wear daily! It's enough. =)

cheers--Sharon

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I would not hesitate to wear as big as humanly possible :) DAILY!!!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
For daily wear I could comfortably wear a 2.5 - 3 ct. RB and larger for a fancy shape.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as the diamond was beautiful (excellent-ideal cut, color and clarity) I could definitely wear as large as a 5-6 carat round daily (and larger for a fancy shape). I have long fingers and a ring size of 6-6.25 so I think it would look great :cheeky:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could wear probably a 2.5 or 3 carat RB daily. If I did that I'd definitely go for a simpler setting...perhaps the Sholdt semi-bezel? :Up_to_something: My finger size is small-ish (5.25-5.5) but I have long fingers and big hands so larger diamonds don't look super big on me.

That said, if I had the chance to get a 2.5-3 carat diamond, I'd probably go for a fancy cut or maybe an old cut. RBs are gorgeous but they're not my fave.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have pretty large ring size (esp compared to many ps'ers) at a size 7.75ish. Add to that long fingers. I think I'd go (if I could) a 2ct, but would probably feel better w/a 1.5 or so. :D Seeing how my current center stone is 0.33 that'd be a HUGE jump!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 carat. I love to see bigger diamonds on other people but I wouldn't want to wear anything bigger than that.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 2.57 at times seems small to me. I am thinking I could like a 4 ct. That will never happen in a million years but I think I would
like it! :naughty:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Once we eliminate social norms, the only limitations are practical and aesthetic, right? Well, I have and do wear gemstone rings of 15 carats or more without a qualm ... so that just leaves the question of how large a diamond I think would look good.

I'll admit, the 15-carat stones are a tad bulky for everyday ... and I prefer bezels ... so, let's say 5-7 carats, depending on shape. I think that between my big strong hands and my taste for "statement" pieces, I could carry that off naturally! Now I just need to convince my bank account ....

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
8.25 mm, or half as wide as my finger, so 2 carats? I think the ideal range for any stone (RB or otherwise) is between 1/3 and 1/2 finger width; more starts to look like a cocktail ring.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
My 3.39 OEC is pretty much the biggest round I would want on my hand; though I'm used to the size, I still know it's big... plus my hands are small and look like a 5 year old's so that doesn't help at all. Unless Uppy's jeweler wants to give me his pinkish OEC that's what, 7 or 8 carats? I'd make an exception for that baby. I still think about how dang gorgeous that stone is... !

A cushion cut I'd wear much bigger. (Ha! Right. In my dreams.)

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Probably about a 3 carat RB or so. My fingers are pretty small (size 4.5), but I think that the biggest issue would be the height. If I were to go any larger, I would be afraid of it sitting up too high, and it would probably be a bit awkward.

If I could choose though, I would get a princess cut, since they are my favorites. But again, I would be worried about going much larger, because of the height. My current diamond is a 2.2 carat princess cut, and I really don't think it could be too much bigger. That being said, I can't say that I definitely won't try a 3 carat someday. :naughty:

I actually saw a 6 or 7 carat princess cut diamond at a jewelry store not too long ago, and I'm sure that I was totally drooling! :)

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have no upper or lower limit. At all. For any shape. If I could still lift my hand, I could wear it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

ETA I feel that something around the 12ct mark is ideal for me, but I'd prefer an emerald cut please. ;))

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
4 cts. I have a 4ct costume ring from the 1940s and I think it looks divine. However I cannot actually bring myself to wear a fake.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although I have small fingers (ering size 3.75), I could easily spot a 5ct RB (no surprise there, he he! :tongue: ). I think the absolute biggest RB I could wear is an 8ct (lucky number 8 in Asian cultures). If it's an EC or asscher or a nice fancy yellow cushion, then we're talking about 10-12ct!!

He he, it's nice to dream, isn't it?! :wink2: :cheeky:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If LGK offered me her ring I wouldn't be turning it down, that's for sure ::)

I used to think it was 3ct - having one shipped out is what convinced me to go a bit smaller, actually. Now, if my stone was to grow overnight I reckon I'd get used to it just fine :rodent:

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I don't even wear my wedding band on a daily basis just because I don't think to put it on unless I'm specifically trying to look nice or going to be around my husband's coworkers or friends. I take off my jewelry as soon as I walk in the door and can't stand to work out in rings and sometimes forget to put it on in the morning. So... daily? zero carats!

But I could definitely rock a several carat solitaire on a normal (if not daily) basis.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't get me wrong, I am in love with my 1.55 RB, but I think I could handle a nice 2ct in my finger. Personally though, I don't think I could go bigger for everyday wear, just too much for me. But if you were to give me an antique cushion in the 3ct range I wouldn't mind- oh and make it a lower color please!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
The diamonds in my engagement ring are tiny compared so many others here (.92 center stone and .15 side stones). I definitely have size envy. I'd love to say 2.5 ct. but I think that would look funny on my hands.

I have pretty small hands and I wear a size 4.5/4.75, so I don't think I could comfortably wear anything much bigger than 1.5 ct. That's just a guess though.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I have 6.25 fingers and wear 2.5 diamond on a daily basis. It took me a bit to get used to it but now I wear it very comfortably. If I ever went bigger (very doubtful..its big enough for me) I think it would also take me some time to get used to it but eventually I would.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
How big do they come? :naughty:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1304889487|2915587 said:
I have 6.25 fingers and wear 2.5 diamond on a daily basis. It took me a bit to get used to it but now I wear it very comfortably. If I ever went bigger (very doubtful..its big enough for me) I think it would also take me some time to get used to it but eventually I would.

the size of your own diamond definitely does "wear" on you. I thought my 1.55 was huge for about, a week! lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results