shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the biggest RB diamond you could wear daily!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Circe|1304828973|2915292 said:
Once we eliminate social norms, the only limitations are practical and aesthetic, right? Well, I have and do wear gemstone rings of 15 carats or more without a qualm ... so that just leaves the question of how large a diamond I think would look good.

I'll admit, the 15-carat stones are a tad bulky for everyday ... and I prefer bezels ... so, let's say 5-7 carats, depending on shape. I think that between my big strong hands and my taste for "statement" pieces, I could carry that off naturally! Now I just need to convince my bank account ....

I would like to change my answer, Alex! I just tried on a bezeled 4 carat - on my hand, that is, sadly, too much for my personal aesthetic. Who would have thought it! I think it's that once the round looks bigger than my fingernail, the proportions seem "off" to me. On the plus side, now I can stop mourning over some of GOG's recent big'un sales .... :rodent:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For daily wear, my dream stone. A 2.5 ct. G VS2.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i can handle a 2.5-2.75ct rb w/o any problem.. :praise:.. anyone of ya rich lady wanted to loan me $35K?

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
My aunt and grandma both wear rings that are about 2.5cts. Their stones are substantial, but not too flashy. I think I'd be comfortable going up to about 3.5cts. All of my married/engaged friends have .5-1ct RBs set in halos. Most of my friends are young and don't don't care much about jewelry. The largest diamond I own is a 2.5ct yellow diamond and it seems kind of small (I think it's the cut/color).

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd wear a 3 - 3.5 carat round or cushion very happily! I probably wouldn't go much bigger than that.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I have small hands and a small ring size (4.25) so for a RB I'd say I'd go as big as 2.5 ct. For an emerald or Asscher, I'd say 4ct. :naughty:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Probabaly 1.5ct. I've said that my max size for a princess would be 1.5-2 ct, so I'll limit a round at 1.5 since they face up a little larger.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My spinel is my ideal everyday size - so around 1.5cts.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
2.5 is the ideal size for me. Big enough to keep me from wanting more, but not too big to interfere in my everyday routine.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
On my hand, probably a 1ct. I have smaller hands and feel weird with super large stones on my hands. For a pendant, probably any size. Earrings I'd stick with under 4ctw.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.50, I would think. Maybe 2? I'm actually pretty happy with a 1.21 (I think it is, I don't recall, atm), though I do sometimes yearn for more of a checkerboard pattern . . . .

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
My ring size is 7.75. Round 6.5ct - 7ct looks about right on my finger. Anything beyond 13mm (in diameter) will look unbalanced and will need to be on the middle finger instead.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would feel comfortable in a 3 Ct for every day wear.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think 2.5 carats, although i could probably get used to 3 carats - my ring finger is about a size 7.5.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Now that I live in Germany, I would wear 0.8 carat on a daily basis. I have a 1.5 ct cushion that I leave at home when I go see clients for my job, because e-rings that size are quite flashy here. When I lived in the States... I would wear a 3 carat RB max.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1304819067|2915216 said:
I could wear probably a 2.5 or 3 carat RB daily. If I did that I'd definitely go for a simpler setting...perhaps the Sholdt semi-bezel? :Up_to_something: My finger size is small-ish (5.25-5.5) but I have long fingers and big hands so larger diamonds don't look super big on me.

That said, if I had the chance to get a 2.5-3 carat diamond, I'd probably go for a fancy cut or maybe an old cut. RBs are gorgeous but they're not my fave.

Ditto word for word finger size and all. My 1.80ct rb is low set, and never in my way ( I have a desk job), thinking of a 3 ct antique cushion one day.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
girls... just remember the basic rules...

if you wear a size 6 ring (i.e.).... you can go up to a 5 ct RB (center stone) or up to a 6 ct (your ring size) for a fancy cut.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I would not be comfortable going any larger than what I already have, a 1.04 round. I'm in love with it, and it's just perfect.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1307681159|2942331 said:
girls... just remember the basic rules...

if you wear a size 6 ring (i.e.).... you can go up to a 5 ct RB (center stone) or up to a 6 ct (your ring size) for a fancy cut.

Oooh that means I could do a 4 carat RB or 5 ct cushion/asscher

Lemme just run and tell my fiancé........

:Up_to_something:

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
I recently tried a beautiful RB in Singapore at Tiffanys which was around 5 carat. It looked huge on my tiny fingers! I would have to say I would not be comfortable wearing such a gigantic rock on a daily basis. Getting mugged would be my biggest concern...BUT I could easily wear a 3 ct cushion. 8-)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could totally rock a 3.5c. That's my 'ideal' size--but I wouldn't toss a 4c out if someone threw one my way!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say around a 2ct solitaire, not sure I would want much bigger then that...my Mom has a 1.98ct OEC so of course it faces up a tad smaller, but it looks pretty darn big on my hand :twirl:

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
3.5cts fits very nice, I'd be very comfortable with that on a daily basis, oh yes! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maplefemme|1307837434|2943651 said:
3.5cts fits very nice, I'd be very comfortable with that on a daily basis, oh yes! :appl:

Good size for sure! I notice you at work for sure! (we probably work in the same place....) :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I had to wear it all day anything over around 5 pounds might start to hurt my arm.

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
I have to say that I'd never turn down the chance to wear a bigger diamond ring, but realistically, I find that I'm pretty comfortable around 1.25-1.5cts (about 7-7.5mm in diameter) possibly, even around a 2ct (8mm) at the largest. We live in a sort of small town area too, so I think anything bigger would look a little out of place. I always thought I'd prefer a 2ct but I'm surprised to find that I'm quite happy with my 1.35ct oec diamond and probably would not go much larger for everyday wear.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
once tried on an 8 carat emerald cut diamond in a gents ring while buying for a jewelry store i worked at several years ago and that is the perfect size for a gents ring!

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I'm a petite women and currently have a 3 stone e-ring and I could go bigger for sure. I wouldn't mind a 1.1 for the center and the sides I think a half or a little over. I'd have to see it in person and play around. I love that about 3 stone rings...it's spread out. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results