shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the best milk chocolate?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hershey’s is awful. Dove used to be good. Cadbury is ok. I tried Tony’s and it was better than the others. I’m not a dark chocolate person. What is the best? Supermarket or gourmet welcome.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a dark chocolate fan (also love milk chocolate) but since I cannot have dairy my choices wouldn't appeal to you anyway. Here's a link that may prove helpful though.

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hershey’s is awful. Dove used to be good. Cadbury is ok. I tried Tony’s and it was better than the others. I’m not a dark chocolate person. What is the best? Supermarket or gourmet welcome.

MMuummmm I love Promised Land Chocolate Milk. Chocolately smoothness.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like white or dark chocolate (50% ish) to eat on their own, not keen on milk chocolate as I find them too sweet (yup, even when compared with white chocolate).

Lindt and Green and Black are ok for milk chocolate to eat on their own, and the Belgian hazelnut praline seashells are ok too.

I would get mini Cadbury's Creme Eggs when they are available, and prefer them as I find a full size one just too sweet and sickly in one go.

DK :))

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Arrrrrrgh, why did you have to go and be so darn helpful with the chocolate link. Now I'm out $115 and my hips will not be grateful to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Arrrrrrgh, why did you have to go and be so darn helpful with the chocolate link. Now I'm out $115 and my hips will not be grateful to you.

Happy to help :)

CEA3C551-537F-4BA4-8D7C-DC48F0E4E580.jpeg

As for your hips remember curvy and voluptuous rocks. Just sayin.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Warnng !
Anti cadbury rant to follow

I grew up in a cadbury town to the smell of milk chocolate
made with real milk from my friend's farm - cadbury had a purple milk tanker that went out to the otago peninsula to collect their milk
we had no non melting additives
Back in the days before horrible immoral palm oil
it was smooth and not grainy
it tasted lovelly, better than cadbury from other countries
ive read its a combination of things but also that we use cane sugar here

but the rot set in with palm oil then they got brought out by the Americans - who im sorry to say and i love peeces peanut butter chocolate - but the American chocolate we get here is not generally very nice
its grainy

I don't like dark chocolate so most Euro chocolate although i understand its very good quality doesn't gel with my milk chocolate taste buds

anyway i despise cadbury now for closing the factory - a modern inovative profitable factory - and an important long standing and respected enployer in my town
you cross my town your dead to me now Cadbury, you hurt my town, you killed off iconic NZ brands of lollies from my childhod, you destroy rainforrests with your disgusting tasting palm oil and your chocolate is now just revolting

Anyway ive always quite partical to these in milk chocolate but they are only plentiful at Christmas here
174496165.jpeg

Attachments

• 128918-01_terrys-milk-chocolate-orange-ball-gift-box.jpg
    128918-01_terrys-milk-chocolate-orange-ball-gift-box.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 21

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to really like these when i was a kid and we could buy them unwrapped but they don't taste the same anymore
Fry did used to be part of Cadbury here years ago

Attachments

• 411orgBpWTL._AC_.jpg
    411orgBpWTL._AC_.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 20

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have an addiction to these literally just ate a whole box :-o D430BAF0-A042-4B1F-902E-F3551D89F355.jpeg
If we are just talking plain milk chocolate I am partial to one of these
3D8446C1-20C0-4E7D-8934-F372D18800D4.jpeg
Oh and I looooove these though personally I don’t abide any of that sharing bar rubbish :snooty:
E713ECB4-2D09-4270-9DA0-09F5A7075523.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lindt milk chocolate

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all, I think a trip to Traders is in order!

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
Lake Champlain Chocolates are really good across the board bit pricey.

@missy —their toffee chocolates are dairy free. We’re always looking for dairy free and as good as the dairy version. This one fits the bill

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whittakers creamy milk or creamy milk with hazelnuts but I don't know if you can get it easily outside of NZ. As much as I despise Cadbury for their palm oil endeavours, they do have a dark milk range (no longer sold in NZ so I can go back to scorning them) which was delicious, especially the salted caramel.
Lindt Excellence Extra Creamy is always a favourite too.

As much as i do love the old peanut slab i often feel like the only person around here who isnt in love with whittakers
I did use to work just up the road from them and i loved the smell because it reminded me of living in Dunedin
I do quite like the peanut butter one and we did like the macadamia but they stopped doing that
I don't know how to describe why im not as keen on it ?
Its just too sickly to me ? Too strong ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have any Canadians who like chocolate ?
When i went to Canada to see Bruce Springsteen they had really delicious maple syrup chocolate
It had a warm creamy coloured filling
Just devine

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We used to adore these
Otherwise i don't really like Nestles chocolate
But ive stopped buying almond products in protest at the anount of water required to grow almonds in drought prone areas like California
9400556054662.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a huge fan of milk chocolate, but don't mind Lindt. But Lindt 90% is my absolute favourite :kiss2:

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm not a huge fan of milk chocolate, but don't mind Lindt. But Lindt 90% is my absolute favourite :kiss2:

You are the only one I know who eats Lindt 90% other than myself. People tell me it tastes like cardboard. I think their 85% is too sour and not fatty like chocolate should be and 95% is like crayons. Or was it the other way around, I don't remember. The 90% is just right.

Sorry OP I haven't a recommendation for milk chocolate.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are the only one I know who eats Lindt 90% other than myself. People tell me it tastes like cardboard. I think their 85% is too sour and not fatty like chocolate should be and 95% is like crayons. Or was it the other way around, I don't remember. The 90% is just right.

Sorry OP I haven't a recommendation for milk chocolate.

Yes! I was trying to think what the 95% reminded me of, and it did take me back to my childhood crayon eating days :lol-2:

90 is perfect...rich and decadent, but not sweet, I hate sweet stuff. On that note, I'm now making a cup of tea and cracking into a fresh block!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stick to very dark chocolate these days-- 85% or darker-- but of milk chocolates I most enjoy(ed) Godiva bars, and Toblerone.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I used to like lindt but lately they feel almost plasticky to me.
I love the godiva seashell filled with praline... have not had any in ages.
Not even gonna look at missy's link... way too much weight to lose!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results