shape
carat
color
clarity

What is something you do that before you started doing it you never thought you could/would?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As we grow older/wiser (hopefully) our outlook on life changes. As do our actions and behavior.

And sometimes we have to do things we might not like doing. Part of being an adult.

Is there something you do now that decades or even months ago you thought to yourself no way?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cleaning up after my children when they are sick.

I just do it and while it's not fun I can do it.

I'd be sick myself when someone else was sick in my youth and of no help. My sense of smell is overly acute. It was challenging.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cleaning up after my children when they are sick.

I just do it and while it's not fun I can do it.

I'd be sick myself when someone else was sick in my youth and of no help. My sense of smell is overly acute. It was challenging.

Oh my gosh yes I know that is quite challenging. When I was 12 I was on my first babysitting job (for my three cousins) and the baby vomited all over himself in the crib. I went over to try to pick him up and clean him off but I started gagging and I ended up calling my mom hahaha. I am laughing now but I felt I had failed in my first babysitting job responsibilities. My mom and dad came over and cleaned up the baby and then left.

I am happy to say that didn't deter me from further babysitting and I never had to call my parents again. But LOL it was pretty gross. If it is your own kid I know it has to be easier but still gross.

You're a wonderful mom @kipari and it comes through in all your posts. Your kids are lucky to have you as their mom. ❤️

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh yes I know that is quite challenging. When I was 12 I was on my first babysitting job (for my three cousins) and the baby vomited all over himself in the crib. I went over to try to pick him up and clean him off but I started gagging and I ended up calling my mom hahaha. I am laughing now but I felt I had failed in my first babysitting job responsibilities. My mom and dad came over and cleaned up the baby and then left.

I am happy to say that didn't deter me from further babysitting and I never had to call my parents again. But LOL it was pretty gross. If it is your own kid I know it has to be easier but still gross.

You're a wonderful mom @kipari and it comes through in all your posts. Your kids are lucky to have you as their mom. ❤️

Thank you sweet @missy !

I read what you do for your furry babies and I can only give this compliment right back at you!!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Caring for my mom while she was dying. I never imagined - nor did she- that I could intimately care for her. It was easy though. She cared for me as a baby; I cared for her in her final days.

The other thing that surprised me is that I was always freaked-out by death. About a dozen years ago I began counseling trauma victims/survivors on-site, meaning dead bodies were right there. It too, was easy. Someone recently told me I was probably a death doula in a previous life. (I'd never heard of them before.)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

i love your mom and dad
please tell them im asking after them and wishing them well

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love your mom and dad
please tell them im asking after them and wishing them well

I will, thank you Nicky ❤️
As an aside I took this photo for you today.
In front of The Stone Pony. One day we will take you there in person.
5F8E1FF4-4B5F-4771-8EEA-9D166C0A8716.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will, thank you Nicky ❤️
As an aside I took this photo for you today.
In front of The Stone Pony. One day we will take you there in person.
5F8E1FF4-4B5F-4771-8EEA-9D166C0A8716.jpeg

one day things will be normal again

how is the clean up going in NY and NJ after the deluge
im afraid after It initially got descent time on the news here we have since moved on to the next crisis/ tragidty

thats what i hate about the news
its not very often they go back to show us how people are doing

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
one day things will be normal again

how is the clean up going in NY and NJ after the deluge
im afraid after It initially got descent time on the news here we have since moved on to the next crisis/ tragidty

thats what i hate about the news
its not very often they go back to show us how people are doing

It’s going well as far as I know. We were fortunate and had no flooding or damage. My parents replaced all their basement carpeting with waterproof tile. That was very expensive. But hopefully that will help for the next time they’re flooded. Some of the train services are still not running but they’re all in the process of being repaired so things will be up and running fully by Tuesday. Thanks for asking ❤️

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s going well as far as I know. We were fortunate and had no flooding or damage. My parents replaced all their basement carpeting with waterproof tile. That was very expensive. But hopefully that will help for the next time they’re flooded. Some of the train services are still not running but they’re all in the process of being repaired so things will be up and running fully by Tuesday. Thanks for asking ❤️

always thinking of you guys in that part of the US
you are my people :kiss2:

now as for your OP .....???
i did have to think about it

going to a concert on my own (Bruce of course)
ive flown on my own more on my own than accompanied and always alone long hail - which is lonelly
but id never stayed in a hotel alone

but we (my internet freinds and I) desided it was better value for money going on my own twice than having to buy a ticket for someone else who didn't really want to be there, once

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, still have the same job that I've had for almost 25 years. I used to tell people that if I was still sitting at the same desk when I hit 50 to shoot me. That was a while ago. No one shot me then and now, I'm sitting at my desk at home because of COVID. So not at the same desk. I guess I'm safe!:lol:

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoying vegetarian meals! We were a meaty and starchy household growing up without any adventurous eaters.

I love my fresh veggies now. And although cheese is still my best friend, I have cut down on meat considerably and will never go back to an overly-rich diet.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like reading books on a tablet. Never thought I’d give up books but I love my Kindle app.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Enjoying vegetarian meals! We were a meaty and starchy household growing up without any adventurous eaters.

I love my fresh veggies now. And although cheese is still my best friend, I have cut down on meat considerably and will never go back to an overly-rich diet.

This is mine too!

My early 20s self wouldn't be able to fathom that about a decade later I'd eat a vegetarian diet for a month voluntarily. Hubby and I just did it for fun ~60% of our meals are veggie anyway.

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
+1 Reducing meat. Growing up I was used to meat every lunch and dinner (and often breakfasts). Maybe I'm becoming more of an adult :lol:

And completing a mountain trek. I thought no way no how. But I can!

Jemi

Rough_Rock
International travel!
Such a concept was completely off my radar, and I was so afraid of flying that by my 67th birthday I knew for sure I would never in my lifetime see Europe.
Then my daughter met a Frenchman and life was turned upside down.
Fast forward five years and I would be hard-pressed to tell you how many times I’ve flown across the ocean.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always thought myself as a cat person and not a dog person, and I liked my late partner's little dog so much that after his sudden death from an accident, I decided to keep his dog as my own.

Good job the cat knew him since he was a puppy and the two got on.

It meant a change of lifestyle for me, as the dog was more dependent on me for his care, and I accepted the change.

I had said that I did not know if I would have another dog after his death, as he was special, having survive the accident that killed my late partner. I had always thought he survived to look after me after his dad had gone.

Soon after his death recently, I decided to get another dog, as I was used to a dog's company.

I am happy with that decision, not sure if my cat agrees, however, she is tolerating the new dog so far!

DK :))

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
This is the total opposite from most of the others on here, but I was cutting up and preparing chicken for my kiddos last night and reflected that I never thought I'd be able to cook meat for anyone. :lol: I'm a longtime vegetarian and although pretty much everything I cook is plant-based my kids and husband are not vegetarian so I make some chicken or fish for them from time to time.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Hate to admit this, but I never thought I'd start voting. My dad had a career in government office and my mom's side of the family is also uber political. It has caused a lot of family tension, and loss of relationship between family, so I hated anything involving politics.

Fast forward to 2020, 7 years after becoming a US citizen, I realized that I needed to exert my right to choose my president, to choose what was best for the country I reside in, so I voted for the first time at the ripe age of 48! I also exercised that right today, as a resident of California.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Put contacts in.

As a child I couldn't even bear eyedrops to flush wayward eyelashes out - the thought of anything in my eyes gave me the willies. Let alone touching anything "in there".

Then my vision started to deteriorate... And glasses, I can't do glasses. They get lost, they break, they get chewed on by the various animals, they hurt my ears, they create that dizzying perspective change between straight ahead and kind of off to the side. These days I can prod my eyeballs all day long no problem :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Participate on a forum like this. By choice, I don't engage in any other social media..so I am surprised I am here and so personal!

cheers--Sharon

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Participate on a forum like this. By choice, I don't engage in any other social media..so I am surprised I am here and so personal!

cheers--Sharon

We are very happy that you make us an exception :appl:

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Caring for my mom while she was dying. I never imagined - nor did she- that I could intimately care for her. It was easy though. She cared for me as a baby; I cared for her in her final days.

The other thing that surprised me is that I was always freaked-out by death. About a dozen years ago I began counseling trauma victims/survivors on-site, meaning dead bodies were right there. It too, was easy. Someone recently told me I was probably a death doula in a previous life. (I'd never heard of them before.)

I did not know there was such a thing as a death doula and I think I might be one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results