shape
carat
color
clarity

What is one thing you would want an answer to?

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why has my chihuahua recently started following me around? We’ve owned her for several years. She’s never done this. She’s even stopped sleeping with my son and started sleeping on my feet. It scares me.
One of our Pits, who is primarily my husband’s dog, has started doing something similar. I told my husband I’m probably dying lol.

But in all seriousness, I’m sure it’s nothing :)

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really, really, really want to know what the Russians have on you know who.

Just so we can put an end to this daily torture asap!!!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of our Pits, who is primarily my husband’s dog, has started doing something similar. I told my husband I’m probably dying lol.

But in all seriousness, I’m sure it’s nothing :)
This is what I keep saying too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why has my chihuahua recently started following me around? We’ve owned her for several years. She’s never done this. She’s even stopped sleeping with my son and started sleeping on my feet. It scares me.

Sometimes they do this because they sense we need them more for whatever reason. Going through a difficult time or feeling extra stressed perhaps and they pick up on it. Not all animals sense things as acutely but in the past 3 decades of having cats (and dogs earlier) I notice that some of them are more aware of angst and energy than others and in times of need they are there. Could that be the case with you and your chihuahua? I wouldn't write it off. Maybe she feels you need her more than your son does at the moment.

(((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why can‘t animals speak (OK, so I know why), but you know what I mean. How much easier would it be if we knew when they were in pain, or ready for us to let them go?

Yes! Agree completely. One step further. Wouldn't it be amazing if our animals could have a similar lifespan to humans? Why do they have to die so early? Why can't we enjoy them and them us for longer? That is one of the saddest things in life I think. Not having our furbabies with us for a longer amount of time. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The mind can be logical and it can be illogical.

And often at the very same time. The human existence is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. What a conundrum it all is.

blewmymind.gif

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm with those who'd like answers about the mysteries of the universe, and especially for me, what's on the other side of a black hole.

You'll probably like this video

Increasingly people tend to believe there aren't many true black holes though -- rather objects which look like black holes but are just collapsing stars where a lot of the matter is frozen where the event horizon would be located. I don't know much about it, but they seem to argue a lot in the context of the black hole firewall problem (which is actually an absurd statement that as you pass the event horizon of a black hole you hit a wall of fire and burn up on impact -- which is really just silly and is largely because people don't seem to have a good explanation for events just outside the horizon)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll probably like this video

Increasingly people tend to believe there aren't many true black holes though -- rather objects which look like black holes but are just collapsing stars where a lot of the matter is frozen where the event horizon would be located. I don't know much about it, but they seem to argue a lot in the context of the black hole firewall problem (which is actually an absurd statement that as you pass the event horizon of a black hole you hit a wall of fire and burn up on impact -- which is really just silly and is largely because people don't seem to have a good explanation for events just outside the horizon)

Your posting hit on an interesting point raised (at least for me) by this thread, qubitasaurus.
There are, for me, questions which are ( at least at this point in time) unknowable. There are also questions which are simply unknowable for me because of my intellectual limitations. For instance, I might be able to know a great deal more about the universe if I were more well versed in physics and math and inclined to read about scientific topics.

In other words, I would not expect to receive a scientific answer to whether there was life after death, (although I could accept a faith based one). Nor would I expect someone to tell me definitively who or what created the universe. However, I might know more about current estimates about the age of the universe and theories about its creation if I had more scientific knowledge.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Q. I love this stuff.

Hope you like it! I watched it a few weeks ago (my husband and I were arguing about something and he used some of the videos from this channel on me, somehow we ended up clicking on this one afterwards -- it is a bit like clickbate as a topic). It was surprisingly lucid and seemed accurate (from the little I know about the topic. I am busy trying to remember what happens near the singularity as that bit is the most interesting, I hope it is covered in one of his many videos on the topic as he is an astrophysicist.).

Your posting hit on an interesting point raised (at least for me) by this thread, qubitasaurus.
There are, for me, questions which are ( at least at this point in time) unknowable. There are also questions which are simply unknowable for me because of my intellectual limitations. For instance, I might be able to know a great deal more about the universe if I were more well versed in physics and math and inclined to read about scientific topics.

In other words, I would not expect to receive a scientific answer to whether there was life after death, (although I could accept a faith based one). Nor would I expect someone to tell me definitively who or what created the universe. However, I might know more about current estimates about the age of the universe and theories about its creation if I had more scientific knowledge.

Oh i don't think we understand black holes properly anyway. It got raked up massively a few years ago with the black hole firewall paradox and people are still arguing. There is a good question as to whether we will work it out in any of our lifetimes. And certainly anything anyone says about white holes and stuff on the 'other side' is rampant speculation (we haven't seen any observational evidece for them). So it seems equally valid as anything else to be curious about.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results