shape
carat
color
clarity

What is one thing you would want an answer to?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, if you are anything like me, you have lots of questions. My dh is always asking me, "what am I google?" :lol:
I am very inquisitive and maybe that is why I love cats. I am a curious girl. :wink2:

Even if you don't ask lots of questions IRL perhaps you have one question you would like the answer to. A question that you have thought about over the years and one to which there is no concrete answer. Much of life is like that of course. And in my dream land world all questions have satisfying answers. Since I am starting this thread I am granting you one question to which you can have the answer.

What would that one question be?

calvinandhobbeswhydoweexist.gif

calvinandhobbesphilosophy.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there life after death? =)2

I hope so but the cynic in me thinks this is it. As in all we have. Right now.

Great question! I choose to believe yes but I would love some concrete evidence. ;)2

Me too. Sweet Francesca if you’re listening give us a sign. My sweet baby. Daddy and I miss you. Let us know you’re ok.

I’ll let you know if I receive any signs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked Greg and his first thought was when will he die. But then he retracted the question and said he doesn’t want to know.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are we really reunited with our friends and family (both furry and human) that are already on the other side?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are we really reunited with our friends and family (both furry and human) that are already on the other side?

Yes this is what I hope for fervently.

This absolutely! Do dogs and cats go to heaven? If they don’t, can you send me wherever they go?

Ditto to the max on this one Elle. I hope and pray. Our furry loved ones are the best of all.

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
Is there life after death, as already mentioned.
Also, why anyone in the world would want any power over another. I can’t wrap my head around it.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as heaven, life after death, and all that sort of thing goes, as a Christian, I believe I already know the answers to that whole range of questions. I also don't want to know the future - I think it would dictate how you lived the present - and not in a good way. But on the other hand....

Where the heck is my solid gold name bracelet that I lost when I was 19??

I swear that question has been bugging me for forty years.

Oooh - also - what happened to my beautiful floral embroidery (I STILL think I gave it to my mother in law to turn into a pillow and she's forgotten!) and where did my Christmas china go when we moved and did I ever actually own those gorgeous embroidered napkins or am I just dreaming it?

And a zillion questions about my husband, who, after 35 years of marriage, is still an inscrutable mystery to me. (...bless his little cotton socks!)

PS I am not averse to the whole Powerball thing. I might be a Christian, but I'm not an idiot.

Last edited:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have questions about the afterlife and God. Grew up Christian, but the analytical part of my brain still struggles with these questions.

Oh, and then there is this question which I am accustom to never bringing up with anyone besides my husband and maybe a friend or two (but I keep it very light with those friends)... will I eventually be a mother?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are there limits to the universe and, if so, where are they? Who created the universe or how was it created and when? (A famous scientist, Ted Hall, told me when I was a child that perhaps the universe had no beginning, and that we are simply used to things having beginnings.)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there life after death? =)2

Yes, irrefutable evidence proves there is ... well, for maggots and many other organisms.

No biggie.
I say, we just go back to what we were before birth.
That wasn't so bad. Was it?

There is inadequate evidence for anything beyond this.

Honestly certainty gives me peace and motivates me to live these 75 years as well as possible, because that's all I get.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are there limits to the universe and, if so, where are they? Who created the universe or how was it created and when?

"I don't know" is the most honest answer.

For some reason zillions of people are not comfortable not knowing answers - so they go along with many that are made up.
Who says every question that you can invent has an answer?
Strikes me as presumptious and even arrogant to claim you know things that you can't.

I care that what I believe is true.
I want to believe as many true things as possible and as few false things as possible.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is MH370?

Would love to believe in an afterlife but if there was one, my mother would have let me know, she was indomitable.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is MH370?

Would love to believe in an afterlife but if there was one, my mother would have let me know, she was indomitable.

@Tekate - I read a long article on MH370 the day before yesterday. It interviewed and referenced everybody and chronicled every aspect of the search. Their final conclusion is that it was intentionally pilot initiated and that the effectiveness was largely hampered by the Malaysian govt. It was a fascinating read. if I come across it again, I'l post it.

And I love your picture of your mother. Mine was a tad the same way.

ETA Here's the article, in case you fancy a read:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS I am not averse to the whole Powerball thing. I might be a Christian, but I'm not an idiot.

Don't ever change, mrs-b :bigsmile:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with those who'd like answers about the mysteries of the universe, and especially for me, what's on the other side of a black hole.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is "Is there life before death?"
In other words, I ponder if we actually exist.
Which is not the easy question it seems.

Well that just makes my brain ache!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so this is a weird & long story about life after death, but I'll go ahead & share.

We are not a religious family & were brought up with being respectful to other people's beliefs without judging & to find our own way in the world of what we may or may not believe in. My father was, and my brother is, highly trained engineers. For them, only logic & science will do. My elder sister is very spiritual in that she believes in the afterlife & communication, but not in God. We've called her a Witch since I can remember :lol: Before children, I worked in Engineering Management, so again I have always been around logic & answers. I don't believe in God, nor does my youngest sister, who is like me except she works in a Design dept.

When I was around 12 & we were all sat having dinner one night (we were like The Waltons!) the subject of life after death arose, as did all sorts of random stuff around the dinner table. Dad decided since he was the oldest he would probably be the first to go, and being who he was, said if there was a way to get back & communicate he would figure it out. We decided we wouldn't know if it was really him, so dad said we would have a password that only the 6 of us would know, and in dad style decided on 'Areshole' as no right minded Medium would come up with that one on the hop! Conversation closed & forgotten.

Fast forward 15 years & dad died suddenly & horrifically from the complications of leukaemia treatment. Urgh.

A further 10 years on & my brother had his wife's sister Jeanette staying. They had a new baby with colic, Jeanette was finding it stressful so sister in law decided brother should take Jeanette out to the pub for a drink & leave her at home to sort the baby. There was a Medium at the pub doing an open night, tickets on the door, so they went in & got a drink.

A short while into the "can anyone place a Derek?.... Can anyone place a Martha?" she stopped & said something along the lines of, "ok, so this is weird, but I have a man here & he has a lovely donkey on a lead that he's petting. Can anyone place a man with a donkey?" Everyone was giggling as she pushed her point, and then she said the man had now taking her into space & was showing her a swirling black hole, did this make any sense to anyone? Everyone was really giggling now, as apparently she started to have a little argument with the 'spirit' saying "no, I'm not saying that, no, it's rude, no...." Then she apologised to the audience, took a deep breath & said, "Right, forgive me for this please. This man is insisting I have to tell you that this is not a donkey, but in fact an Ass, and the Ass goes with the hole.... Can anybody place this??"

Jeanette said the colour drained from my brothers face, he stood up, muttered something about an 'arsehole' and left her there. My sister in law said he was in tears when he walked through the door, shaking from head to toe. His brain couldn't process what had happened.

To this day my brother still can't understand what happened & he doesn't like to talk about it. He feels that he was stupid to leave in case their was a message, but also knowing dad there probably wasn't, he was just proving that he had found a way back.

I realise people go to Mediums all the time & invest a lot of emotion into them, but if you knew my brother then you would know he is not one of those people. He can't explain this incident with logic & therefore he closes it down. But.... he relaxed a little more after this. As the only son following in his father's footsteps in life, he lost his best friend when dad went. And now he mutters & chats with dad all the time whilst working or pottering around, like he has a new sense of security about where dad might be. And this filled us all with a sense of security too - I talk to my dad all the time these days.

Weird, eh??!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so this is a weird & long story about life after death, but I'll go ahead & share.

We are not a religious family & were brought up with being respectful to other people's beliefs without judging & to find our own way in the world of what we may or may not believe in. My father was, and my brother is, highly trained engineers. For them, only logic & science will do. My elder sister is very spiritual in that she believes in the afterlife & communication, but not in God. We've called her a Witch since I can remember :lol: Before children, I worked in Engineering Management, so again I have always been around logic & answers. I don't believe in God, nor does my youngest sister, who is like me except she works in a Design dept.

When I was around 12 & we were all sat having dinner one night (we were like The Waltons!) the subject of life after death arose, as did all sorts of random stuff around the dinner table. Dad decided since he was the oldest he would probably be the first to go, and being who he was, said if there was a way to get back & communicate he would figure it out. We decided we wouldn't know if it was really him, so dad said we would have a password that only the 6 of us would know, and in dad style decided on 'Areshole' as no right minded Medium would come up with that one on the hop! Conversation closed & forgotten.

Fast forward 15 years & dad died suddenly & horrifically from the complications of leukaemia treatment. Urgh.

A further 10 years on & my brother had his wife's sister Jeanette staying. They had a new baby with colic, Jeanette was finding it stressful so sister in law decided brother should take Jeanette out to the pub for a drink & leave her at home to sort the baby. There was a Medium at the pub doing an open night, tickets on the door, so they went in & got a drink.

A short while into the "can anyone place a Derek?.... Can anyone place a Martha?" she stopped & said something along the lines of, "ok, so this is weird, but I have a man here & he has a lovely donkey on a lead that he's petting. Can anyone place a man with a donkey?" Everyone was giggling as she pushed her point, and then she said the man had now taking her into space & was showing her a swirling black hole, did this make any sense to anyone? Everyone was really giggling now, as apparently she started to have a little argument with the 'spirit' saying "no, I'm not saying that, no, it's rude, no...." Then she apologised to the audience, took a deep breath & said, "Right, forgive me for this please. This man is insisting I have to tell you that this is not a donkey, but in fact an Ass, and the Ass goes with the hole.... Can anybody place this??"

Jeanette said the colour drained from my brothers face, he stood up, muttered something about an 'arsehole' and left her there. My sister in law said he was in tears when he walked through the door, shaking from head to toe. His brain couldn't process what had happened.

To this day my brother still can't understand what happened & he doesn't like to talk about it. He feels that he was stupid to leave in case their was a message, but also knowing dad there probably wasn't, he was just proving that he had found a way back.

I realise people go to Mediums all the time & invest a lot of emotion into them, but if you knew my brother then you would know he is not one of those people. He can't explain this incident with logic & therefore he closes it down. But.... he relaxed a little more after this. As the only son following in his father's footsteps in life, he lost his best friend when dad went. And now he mutters & chats with dad all the time whilst working or pottering around, like he has a new sense of security about where dad might be. And this filled us all with a sense of security too - I talk to my dad all the time these days.

Weird, eh??!

Yes, spooky weird. Makes one think.

Alex, I am so very sorry about your dad. Words are insufficient.

As @kenny wrote most of us so badly *want* to believe there is an afterlife. I know I do. I very much miss my loved ones who are gone and it would be freaking amazing to think yes they are well and happy and there is life after death. And that we will be reunited one day. Deep down I don't believe there is but I truly wish there was and hope fervently that I am wrong. I am very spiritual (not religious) and I am open to any possibility.

For some reason zillions of people are not comfortable not knowing answers

True. Not knowing can be scary for many of us. When I was little I used to lay awake at night thinking about death and what it was. A black hole, a dark deep abyss of nothingness and I succeeded every time in scaring the heck out of myself. I don't do that any longer (now that I am ten times as old as I was then) but I am not going to lie and say death doesn't scare me still. It does.

Honestly certainty gives me peace and motivates me to live these 75 years as well as possible, because that's all I get.

Yup, all we are guaranteed is right now. That's it. If we get 75 years that is amazing but we don't even know if that is what we will get until we hit age 75 and hopefully beyond. Living in the moment and making it the best we can is all we can do.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haha both Greg and I enjoy your question very much @mrs-b and if it is OK we might borrow it should the time come. LOL maybe it is the safest question to ask in any case. ;-)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Weird, eh??!
I love this @Alex T I do believe that some people that have passed on can make communication with us..We could do a whole thread on that one I’m sure...I’m happy your brother has peace now and you get to talk to your dad....and I don’t think it’s weird at all..

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother was a nurse. One of her fellow nurses had surgery in their hospital, died on the operating table, and later came back - a classic near-death experience. She did like to talk about her experience, but she did talk to my mother about it, though just briefly. She told my mother two things. First, that she did not want to come back to life, and second, that she no longer feared death.

I am a first generation immigrant. My family moved to the states just before my sixth birthday, and since travel was expensive and money was tight, I rarely saw relatives outside of my immediate family and basically grew up basically was out an extended family. So when my mother died a few years ago, it was my first experience losing person that close to me - and the fact that our relationship had been rather “complicated” didn’t help.
My grief was so intense that it had me questioning my beliefs - for the first time, I understood the argument that people invented religion because they needed to believe in an afterlife.

I remembered my mother’s story. I read several books examining near-death experiences. A trusted friend told me about his elderly aunt’s brief (2 days) revival after death. A friend told me about when several relatives dreamed of being visited by her recently deceased brother - on the same night. I read some more. I became convinced that there is some sort of afterlife - at the least, there is a transition out of this life that is, for many people, wondrous.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother was a nurse. One of her fellow nurses had surgery in their hospital, died on the operating table, and later came back - a classic near-death experience. She did like to talk about her experience, but she did talk to my mother about it, though just briefly. She told my mother two things. First, that she did not want to come back to life, and second, that she no longer feared death.

I am a first generation immigrant. My family moved to the states just before my sixth birthday, and since travel was expensive and money was tight, I rarely saw relatives outside of my immediate family and basically grew up basically was out an extended family. So when my mother died a few years ago, it was my first experience losing person that close to me - and the fact that our relationship had been rather “complicated” didn’t help.
My grief was so intense that it had me questioning my beliefs - for the first time, I understood the argument that people invented religion because they needed to believe in an afterlife.

I remembered my mother’s story. I read several books examining near-death experiences. A trusted friend told me about his elderly aunt’s brief (2 days) revival after death. A friend told me about when several relatives dreamed of being visited by her recently deceased brother - on the same night. I read some more. I became convinced that there is some sort of afterlife - at the least, there is a transition out of this life that is, for many people, wondrous.

I am sorry to hear what you have been through, but glad you have stayed strong & come out the other side.

It's interesting you saying about people being visited by a deceased relative on the same night. My Great Aunt, who died in 2014 aged 99, used to dream of her long dead mother the night before the death of a friend or relative was announced. Always. She had no children & was like a surrogate mother to my own mum after my grandmother died, so she used to phone my mum the next morning to say Great Grandmother Julia had been to see her & was there any news. Nine times out of ten, later that day my mother would get a dreaded phone call. Spooky, eh?!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I'd like to know where the aliens that built the pyramids went :lol:

(Joking...I don't believe in aliens of the ET variety but also don't believe we are the only life in the universe, we don't know how the universe works so I don't think we can reliably say we are the only intelligent life (though the intelligent part is up for debate!).

But I would like to know how the pyramids were built in terms of the precision cutting that apparently we couldn't replicate today.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results