shape
carat
color
clarity

What is it about Adele's music?

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
You can be in the best, happiest mood, pop on her CD and withiin 10 minutes be wallowing in the memory of your unhappiest time AND ENJOYING IT?!? {rolling in the misery?}

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Amber, I cannot listen to her AT ALL. She's such a fvcking whiner. I think I've finally got my Pandora programmed to not play her any more because every time one of her songs comes on I LEAP for the thumbs down button.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay|1455319153|3990329 said:
OMG Amber, I cannot listen to her AT ALL. She's such a fvcking whiner. I think I've finally got my Pandora programmed to not play her any more because every time one of her songs comes on I LEAP for the thumbs down button.

Do you remember the scene in All About Eve" when Margo turns off the car radio and say "I detest cheap sentiment"? I love soapy songs and sing along when I'm alone.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of sappy songs, especially from the 70s and 80s (it's like being in Jr. High/High School all over again) but there's just something about Adele that puts me off.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't like her music except Skyfall, the theme tune to the film that I love.

DK :))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1455320002|3990334 said:
... there's just something about Adele that puts me off.

+1

I had never heard of her.
Youtube to the rescue.
I listened to a bit of some song of hers with 1.1+ Billion views.
Yes, Billion with a B.

There is something about her singing technique that grates on my nerves and makes my teeth itch.
It's too gimmicky and quirky, like Bob Dylan, Cyndi Lauper, or that guy who sang for The Cars.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a sunny disposition, and songs (and peeps to that matter) that dwell on relationship failures/breakups etc. etc... just do not gel well with me, sorry!

Life is not fair, full stop. Don't let the buggers get you down, rise above it and move on to make the most of the rest of one's life I'd say.

DK :roll:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't listen much to pop. I liked a song by Adele about a year ago. However, the last time I went to my hairdresser she complained that everyone is now singing in the "style" of Adele, even singers who had made big names for themselves already. She named one, but my memory being what it is I cannot recall her name. My association is to a pretty young woman who changes her hair color a lot and was married to some sleazy English guy. A woman who made a mint-maybe even more than Adele-doing her own records.

Does anyone agree?

Deb/AGBF

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katy Perry.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the songs she released off her other album, like Rolling in the Deep etc. I like to sing them.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
packrat|1455327394|3990386 said:
I like the songs she released off her other album, like Rolling in the Deep etc. I like to sing them.

DH and I are fans. We like her vocal range, songs, and her personality (at least, what's shown in interviews). We have tickets for November too - can't wait!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a fan.
I think she's hugely talented, and I could listen to her all day.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her songs do make me depressed. Her voice amazes me. She has so much control. She can throw in a trill whenever she wants and it is effortless. When she sings live, she sounds exactly as she does in her recorded material which rarely happens with someone of this calibur of voice. Usually they are incredible on their album and disappointing live.

She's a doll in person.

I wish her material weren't all about breaking up with men. She's got a child now. It would be cool to hear about that. Tori Amos sang about her daughter and her experience about being a mother and it was lovely. There's more to life than boys.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love her music and her voice. I think her talent is out-of-this-world special.

I know it's all been about boys and break-ups so far, but she's still in her twenties. I'm sure she'll sing about many things in her lifetime. It will be very interesting to see (hear?) her mature as an artist.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a fan of Adele (or Katy Perry for that matter).

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!

I have been puzzling about the success of this Hello song for a while.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I keep listening, and then I get bored with all the phone calling or whatever she's saying, so I stop. I jump to the hook and that doesn't seem all that great either. :rolleyes:

I did like Rolling in the Deep, though.

But I'm not a big "listen to the lyrics" kind of person, not since the -70's. :bigsmile: So I guess that's why I don't find it too depressing. If I did listen to lyrics, the fact that most songs are the same one line over and over, would have driven me crazy looooooong ago.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
marymm|1455386732|3990558 said:
Not a fan of Adele (or Katy Perry for that matter).

Ima add Taylor Swift to this. Jesus, Taylor, get a damn life. :sick:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1455387045|3990561 said:
I keep listening, and then I get bored with all the phone calling or whatever she's saying, so I stop.

:lol:

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1455319153|3990329 said:

Whew! At last, I can come out of the closet and say I can't listen to her at all. :lol:

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I have trouble listening to her for some reason (though, generally, I'm not big on women's singing voices)..
Anyway, I saw this a few months ago and thought it was cute - Adele as "Jenny" (BBC), auditioning to be an Adele impersonator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHXjxWaQs9o&feature=youtu.be

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I started off years ago with this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5DMmOLkLQI

I didn't realize Adele was so polarizing. I like her and enjoy her songs...sorry guys, she's probably gonna be the next Whitney. Also...pbbbttttt. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Public Service Announcement for Adele fans:

She will be on BBCAmerica tonight @10pm, singing and being interviewed by Graham Norton. The show is scheduled to be 90 minutes.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the fact that she is a bigger girl, and is showing that she is comfortable with that.
There is beauty in every body shape, and young girls need to see that.
I always felt "fat" as a kid and a teen. Looking at old photos, it was all in my head. Cheryl Tiegs made us all hate ourselves.
Whether you like her singing or not, I think she looks great.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
alexah|1455415813|3990760 said:
I have trouble listening to her for some reason (though, generally, I'm not big on women's singing voices)..
Anyway, I saw this a few months ago and thought it was cute - Adele as "Jenny" (BBC), auditioning to be an Adele impersonator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHXjxWaQs9o&feature=youtu.be

I've no idea why she put together this elaborate trick, but how sweet that her impersonators (and likely some of her biggest fans) got this chance to meet her!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like her music and she seems like a great person. I also did not know people had such strong objections. Haha.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results