shape
carat
color
clarity

What is everyone doing this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to a dinner with the boy and then a surprise party. Two hours of open bar... time to let loose!

Tomorrow, hopefully, we''re going to brunch and a museum. Then maybe a little jewelry looking... I figure if I can get him in the vincinity of the nice stores I can convince him to go into some of them.

Sunday, of course, is the Superbowl. We''re going to a couple''s apartment who are getting married in April. Maybe I can get the bf interested in some wedding speak.

I''m starting to drop some not so subtle hints. Like... I don''t need a present on V-day, going to dinner is just fine. Of course, I would love diamonds, but dinner is good.
2.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off to the San Francisco Gift Show at Moscone Center.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
We''re headed an hour and a half south of us to go have a dinner to celebrate my MIL''s birthday. We''ll probably go the mall or something before that. On Sunday, I think she is coming here to see the house we are building, and then we''ll probably watch the game....we''re not football fans but we always watch the championship games of sports. I''m sure we''ll get some
emotion-33.gif
, and drink some
embeer.gif

Since I''m a New Englander, I have to cheer for the Pats!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I''m waiting for a wardrobe malfunction!
4.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Yea, Superbowl Sunday. A quite house :) Just my wife and I enjoying each others company. Too many years of a trashed out house and a big food bill. I know its not a way to look at it, but it will be a nice change at least for this year.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Iceman,

Slowing down in your old age?
emsmileo.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

After a total madhouse week, I am looking forward to doing nothing, which in my estimation includes: leisurely lunch with my girlfriend for her BD
emcake.gif
emgift.gif
, dinner out with my family
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif
, champage and red wine
emcocktl.gif
, house full of the neighbours kids playing XBox basically a screamfest
emmale.gif
emfemale.gif
, watching a DVD or two
emfilm.gif
, and for my husband some kind of bowl game or whatever on Sunday......
2.gif

Have a good one!!!!

cheers--Sharon

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...doing laundry tonight
20.gif
. What an old fart.

I''m going to try and pack a picnic lunch and get my husband to a park tomorrow for some sunshine. Will color my hair tomorrow night.

Sunday...go to a coworker''s superbowl party, complete with Boston brown bread and New England clam chowder since he''s from Massachusetts and a rabid Pats fan...I could care less who wins...I''m just there for the party.
9.gif

cflutist, what''s at the gift expo???

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Argh. Weekend is already busier then work week. Would rather work on Saturday, at least then I could surf the net for a while. (Only kind of kidding.)

Finish registry at Bed Bath and Beyond. Order invitations at stationary store. Write checks to officiant and to jeweler. Make up calendar for mom''s re: schedules and showers etc.

Clean house for all those "popping" in on super bowl sunday. make food for super bowl sunday. wash dog so dog doesn''t insult guest on super bowl sunday.

I am totally going to bed right after dinner tonight. Argh.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2005 12:19:32 PM
Author: FireGoddess
cflutist, what''s at the gift expo???
Anything you would buy for resale in a Gift Shop (including jewelry). Let''s just say that I have a Resale and Business License and file a Schedule C with the IRS and a Sales Tax Return with the CA Board of Equalization every year.

Nihiladrem

Rough_Rock
As a grad. student its hard to tell the difference between weekend and week sometimes. Lets see, start the week on Saturday by working some contour intergrals follow that with time independant pertubation theory, and some calculus of variations.

However after that I am definatly not to old to go for the wrecked house and huge food bill (edited to add) and a larger beer bill. Yay superbowl go niners. Since they aren't playing I just get to hope Brady gets knocked off his high horse so they quit comparing him to Montana.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s see....I have to pick up my son at 11:30 p.m. from a school trip to Washington, D.C., surprise him with Superbowl tickets (he''s a HUGE Eagles fan), unpack (and wash all Eagles clothing he wore on his trip! Ugh!) and then re-pack his bag for his trip to Jacksonville early tomorrow morning. Then I can rest after all THAT excitement and hopefully see him on TV during the Superbowl (ha-ha!).

I''m thinking that I''ll be here (on PS
emteeth.gif
) a lot over the weekend catching up on threads that I''ve missed....anyone want to join me? Or is this place going to be deserted?
emsad.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going to dinner and a play Saturday night and heaven help me...I''m going to try to redecorate the bedroom so I''ll be hitting the stores searching either for ready made bedding & drapes or I''ll buy fabric and make my own (but I lack sewing skills).

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Resting,.......... Ahhhhhhhh!!!
emotion-20.gif

Been on 2 big outa town road trips last 2 weekends in a row. Got plans for every weekend left in February and some in March so I''ll take advantage of some time down. Prolly veg out and catch up on new DVD releases we haven''t gotten to see since Christmas break. And watch the SB of course. Gotta see the commercials!!
emotion-5.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Tonights plans are still up in the air, although a nice alcoholic beverage will work its way in somehow after this week! Tomorrow the FILs are coming down to visit and take us out to lunch. Then im headed an hour south to my hometown for my nieces 7th birthday. Spending the night for a little QT with the rest of the family and then back up to DC to go house hunting Sunday! Then of course the Super Bow at a friendsl... im just in it for the commercials, but FI is from Philly, so thats a WHOLE other story...
3.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Didiamond: awwww! how sweet to surprise your son with SB tix!! How old is he? What a good mom!!!
9.gif
and I''ll join probably be joining you on here on Sat nite/Sun. I''m going out with a friend tonite and studying for a test tomorrow during the day. Otherwise, that''s it. Hubby is working all weekend
7.gif

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
face11.gif
Going to be lonely.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Irisheyes, my DH deserves the applause for snatching up two tickets! He spoils both of us ROTTEN! My son is almost 14 and jumped on the Eagles bandwagon two years ago. I''m still not sure how or why?!?! LOL

I look forward to spending time with you this weekend! Atleast now I know I won''t be alone!!
emwink.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
SF Gift Show is awesome, went last summer to get some work ideas...the amazing stuff is that you see all these items that you buy for WAY inflated pricing in stores/boutiques.

aka Votivo candles which are about $25 at stores and boutiques, you can buy them for all of something like $10 each (But min order is $200).

Also L'Occitane items are really made by another company, and L'Occitane just buys them and brands them with their own name and sells them for about 5 times cost.
6.gif
Soaps, linen water, hand soap..it's sick and wrong! But somehow I still find myself in the L'Occitane store.
9.gif

My dream at some point is to open my own small boutique store which sells high-end unique items...so walking through the gift show was so much fun...I want that and that and that....but later when I can actually afford to set something like that up and have a real go at it.
2.gif

I'm sure we'll go again in July/August or whenever it comes again in the Summer!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2005 6:55
6.gif
7 PM
Author: Mara
My dream at some point is to open my own small boutique store which sells high-end unique items...so walking through the gift show was so much fun...I want that and that and that....but later when I can actually afford to set something like that up and have a real go at it.
2.gif

I''m sure we''ll go again in July/August or whenever it comes again in the Summer!
oooh, fun I want to go to the gift show. I even have one of those tax-exception numbers to use
9.gif

This weekend I''m seeing a movie tonight with three cute guys (lol!), then working part of saturday and watching a chick flick during the evening, and sunday, I''m also doing some work during the morning and then puttering during the afternoon. My kids are going to spend the night at grandma''s house so it''ll be nice and quiet at home.

I had NO idea the superbowl was happening this weekend until reading this thread, so I guess this means Sunday won''t be entirely quiet
7.gif
I may hide out in the bathroom and take a bubble bath and paint my nails with one of the new polishes I bought last week.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Tomorrow I have to work all day (I''m so overworked and tired) but one of the local radio stations is broadcasting from our office so there will be lots of food and music and prizes (raffle for free LASIK).

I want to go bride dress shopping but I may wait til my trip home to Chicago (I am so homesick for my Chicago!) next week to go bridemaid dress shopping with my girls. So instead, we may go look at Yorkie puppies! I am SO excited to finally get my dog!

Sunday we will head over to our friends for a superbowl party.

i hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Sarah :)

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2005 7:12:31 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen
oooh, fun I want to go to the gift show. I even have one of those tax-exception numbers to use
9.gif
Michelle, you just missed the one in Seattle. Here are the dates for the Seattle shows presented by the the same company that puts on the San Francisco shows:

January 29-February 2, 2005
August 27-31, 2005
January 28-February 1, 2006
August 19-23, 2006
January 27-31, 2007
August 18-22, 2007
January 12-16, 2008
August 16-19, 2008
January 24-28, 2009
August 22-26, 2009
January 23-27, 2010
August 21-25, 2010

http://www.weshows.com/showdates.html

Mara, the next SF show is August 6-10, 2005

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No integrals... but I am presenting a policy paper on MONDAY
23.gif
And there''s a class on neoclasical finance that needs preparing if I want to keep students bussy at all.

The local V-Day equivalent is March 1st - quite a bit until then. Can''t wait !
5.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Wine tasting and dinner tonight, golf in the morning, shopping and housecleaning in the afternoon for the Superbowl party DH just told me an hour ago that we are hosting on Sunday
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
. Supposed to be golfing Sunday am also...we''ll see how my superwoman act turns out tomorrow.....

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Bf surprised me with Celtic vs Magic tickets tonight (02/04). Original plan was to go out for dinner. We had so much fun at our date. And the Celtics won 112 - 100. I've never been to a basketball game, this was my first time. It was awesome! Sunday morning open house. Sunday afternoon Superbowl... with bf and his friends and their wives and gfs. It will be fun.
Go Patriots

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Opening day of baseball season tomorrow morning, coach pitch for my 9 y/0 son. Then we are off to help my dear friends prepare for a surprise party for their teenage son and daughter.
9.gif
I''m doing the favors for the kids, dessert, and helping his wife pick up the food. DH is helping with erecting tarps, setting up chairs, tables, etc. all while they are at their swim meet. It''s been fun scheming up this surprise for the last 2 months. I can''t wait to see the looks on their faces as all of their friends will be there waiting.
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results