shape
carat
color
clarity

What inclusion to avoid for Si2 diamonds?

akoya

Shiny_Rock
Hi
I have a budget n looking at Si2 G, H colors earrings. CTw 2.0
For such diamond what kind of inclusions I should avoid? What type inclusions is "best to have" compared to others less desirable ones?

Also I have seen two diamonds with triple excellent specs (didn't get to see the table n exact specs because they cite certs not with them) ... One diamond is with clear h&a while the other although can see h&a but can also see a square or diamond shape among the shorter or inner of the diamond from top view (hope someone understand my description)
Does this mean the second diamond is a lower "grade" of triple ex diamond?
Thanks

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
akoya|1444660694|3937452 said:
Hi
I have a budget n looking at Si2 G, H colors earrings. CTw 2.0
For such diamond what kind of inclusions I should avoid? What type inclusions is "best to have" compared to others less desirable ones?
Inclusions vary, even within their own nature: An SI2 feather combined with other grade-setting inclusions may be invisible and benign, or it could be large/visible and closer to impacting durability if it's setting the grade by itself.

A diamond's inclusions are considered all-together, according to size, number, positions, types and relief. One or two of the largest usually set the grade. When considering that, a diamond with numerous small characteristics may be more eye-clean than a diamond with a single large grade-setting inclusion. At the opposite end of that consideration, I'd offer two comments: (1) SI diamonds with the comment "Clarity grade based on XYZ not-shown" (where XYZ = clouds, pinpoints or graining) frequently suffer from transparency issues due to the abundance of inclusions. (2) SI diamonds with the comment "Additional XYZ not shown" can be safe, the comment is just noted for sake of thoroughness. However, in the past years I have seen that comment for diamonds in SI grades where there was some optical impact - so it's best to have expert assistance in assessing those diamonds.

Also I have seen two diamonds with triple excellent specs (didn't get to see the table n exact specs because they cite certs not with them) ... One diamond is with clear h&a while the other although can see h&a but can also see a square or diamond shape among the shorter or inner of the diamond from top view (hope someone understand my description)
Does this mean the second diamond is a lower "grade" of triple ex diamond?
Thanks
"H&A" means nothing by itself. The diamond's actual angles and cut-consistency determine whether light is returned to the viewer's eye. Yes, there are different levels of this within "Excellent." If the proper angles are present a high level of 3D cut precision can influence the optics in a way many people like - and "H&A" can serve as an indicator that high precision might be present - but the actual angles and consistency are far more important in terms of overall light return and performance.

akoya

Shiny_Rock
Thank you.
i went to the shop but there's limited pieces i am given to see.
this is one of the diamond specs i have chosen n hopefully its okay. :sick: :sick: :sick:
light is too flashy to see any inclusion when i cannot hold it near to me for examination.

i am new to that HCA? calculation n the spread is just very good. not sure why when its a EX, EX, EX diamond

Cut Grade Excellent
PROPORTIONS

Depth 62.4 %

Table 57 %

Crown Angle 35.5°

Crown Height 15.5%

Pavilion Angle 40.6°

Pavilion Depth 43.0%

Star Length 50%

Lower Half 80%

Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 4.0%

Culet None

FINISH

Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent

Fluorescence None

Clarity Characteristics
Twinning Wisp, Feather, Crystal, Indented Natural

thanks

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most stones that fall into ideal cut parameters will score Ex, Ex, Ex and VG on spread on the HCA. So do not worry about that. I generally do not look at stones deeper than 62.3 because the deeper the stone, the smaller the diameter may be. But I wouldn't necessarily reject this one at 62.4. You listed the specs but left out one of the most important ones when choosing studs, and that is the diameter measurements. Be sure your diameters are very close to the same.

akoya

Shiny_Rock
6.67 - 6.72 x 4.18 mm
Wow i didnt know diameter is important too
this is the diamond... not sure 0.05 diff is consider big or small? will this diamond look smaller than 1carat? Thanks

the matching will be done by them as they r gemologist

southLA504

Rough_Rock
Diameter is very important, when cutting the stone, some will try to make a stone that if properly cut would be a .9 carat, into a 1 carat by having it deeper. Therefore you could have two 1 carat stones, but one has a larger diameter and faces up larger because it was cut properly.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
akoya|1445195856|3939634 said:
6.67 - 6.72 x 4.18 mm
Wow i didnt know diameter is important too
this is the diamond... not sure 0.05 diff is consider big or small? will this diamond look smaller than 1carat? Thanks

the matching will be done by them as they r gemologist

Well, just run the other stone by us before buying. It is ironic, but my studs are ideal cuts at 1.16 (6.73 x 6.74mm) and 1.14 cts. (6.71-6.72mm).

So your first stone is very close to mine in diameter even though it is a tiny amount deeper. The .05 is fine. You can see with mine that the diameters are almost identical which is much more important than the weight being identical. I also like for the tables to be within a percentage point of each other, such as 55 and 56, for example.

akoya

Shiny_Rock
Not sure if the pax will be fine with my request or not
Apparently the price i was quoted was for 1.1 and H color. The diamond I was shown n I picked it was this one n it's a G
Price wise is competitive for 1.1. So in this case shld I just stick with this or I will be losing on some sparkles n fires?

akoya

Shiny_Rock
Up on this

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results