shape
carat
color
clarity

What have you lost lately ? Losing my mind.....

bebe

Ideal_Rock
This past month I have lost/misplaced 2 credit cards and (2) $150.00 gift cards.
What the heck is going on with me?? (too much most likely)

Has anyone ever lost a gift card and tried to replace it? I'm going to speak to the store
where I purchased them, but I'm not hopeful.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I'm constantly losing my keys and debit card. My phone would probably have been lost long ago too, if it didn't make noises :)

If you have the original receipt the store you got them from should replace the gift cards for you.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
of course I can't find the receipt. I think the receipt and the cards went in the trash along with that days junk mail. Grrr

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, that's awful!! Maybe try calling customer service and plead your case? Sometimes they will be able to look up your transaction by your credit card, if that's how you paid...

iLander

Ideal_Rock
They are under something, not in the trash. I keep getting this "between" thing, like between the covers of a book, but it's not a book. "Between 2 pieces flat surfaces" kind of picture. Dark colored surfaces . . .

Tell me about when you saw them last . . .

Yeah, sorry, this is the talent I listed in the "mama didn't raise no fool" thread.

But if I was being only logical, I'd say check your other purse.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
iLander|1292293172|2796159 said:
They are under something, not in the trash. I keep getting this "between" thing, like between the covers of a book, but it's not a book. "Between 2 pieces flat surfaces" kind of picture. Dark colored surfaces . . .

Yeah, sorry, this is the talent I listed in the "mama didn't raise no fool" thread.

Heh, iLander, wanna try that on my two-strand vintage ruby necklace? Or my little plastic baggy holding a 16" WG chain and a platinum setting? 'cause those are the two things I have been going bonkers trying to find .... My best guess is that the movers might have, ah, liberated the necklace (I hate to think it, but I haven't seen it since, which implies either them or a friend, and the latter option makes me even more unhappy), and as for the chain, I can only assume the cat has it. Still, though!

Bebe, I tried having the gift card conversation once, after I had my wallet stolen: that is when I promptly stopped carrying gift cards with me, since apparently it was just like losing cash. I think iLander's suggestions are good ones, though ... good luck!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, that's sooo not fun! I'm an enormous loser-of-stuff, myself, so I definitely sympathize. Especially if I'm talking on the phone, and holding something, I'm going to put it somewhere stupid inevitably.

The worst thing I ever did was once, again, when I was on the phone, was to stick my keys on this little peg that protruded from the back of a chair. I was parked on the floor talking with a friend and I noticed, hey! My key ring fits perfectly on this little thingy...

Then I went absolutely bonkers trying to find them in time to get to class the next day (this was during college.) I finally kicked the chair in sheer frustration and heard this tiny "jingle". Still took me a few to find the darn things!

And hey iLander! If you are up for it here's another one: I had this really cool sterling scarab ring that opened like a locket, fairly large, with an ankh engraved on the underside. I was cooking in my last apartment and put it Somewhere Really, Really Safe. Really safe. Haven't seen it in like five years, and DH gave me that ring and I'd love to find it again. I've mostly lost hope since we have moved once since, and it didn't turn up, but it has to exist somewhere, right? Right!? Sigh.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
bebe|1292288286|2796060 said:
This past month I have lost/misplaced 2 credit cards and (2) $150.00 gift cards.
What the heck is going on with me?? (too much most likely)

Has anyone ever lost a gift card and tried to replace it? I'm going to speak to the store
where I purchased them, but I'm not hopeful.

If you call the store and tell them, they can see that the cards have not been redeemed. They should issue a new card.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my glasses and my chapstick.
all. the. freaking. time.

and, oddly enough, a foot-long plaster garden gnome that we were going to put under our christmas tree. How in the world does one lose a garden gnome - inside an apartment?? :rolleyes:
And DH doesn't remember taking it down to storage...

bebe - do try calling the vendor, if you paid with a card they should be able to look it up for you - and will sometimes just give you another without much hassle! Been there, done that.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
This has never worked for me over a distance, and usually I have to have a picture of the item in my head while I'm searching. But hey, I'll play along. What fun! :appl:

@CIRCE: I don't think you have the ruby anymore, I don't feel it, sorry. The baggie for some reason is near something white and round? Logic tells me bathroom, but the logic doesn't really work with the other thing, so think white and round. I can try again with the necklace, but I'll need a better description so I can picture it. The movers didn't take it, they visualize as white and clean. Is there a woman who it related to you?

@LGK: For some reason you still have the ring. Then all I see is a mess, chaos. It makes no sense logically, though. But you do definitely have it. It is in a mess? Jumbled. Not with other jewelry.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
On friday night a bought a GPS from radio shak to give my dad for X-MAS, well, it seems like he just bought one, I had been looking like crazy for the recipt that I put in a save place in case I need it tu return the gps :rolleyes: Well, of course I dunno where it is, I had been looking everywhere and it's driving me nuts :angryfire: Any advice iLander :lol:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
iLander|1292331465|2796427 said:
This has never worked for me over a distance, and usually I have to have a picture of the item in my head while I'm searching. But hey, I'll play along. What fun! :appl:

@CIRCE: I don't think you have the ruby anymore, I don't feel it, sorry. The baggie for some reason is near something white and round? Logic tells me bathroom, but the logic doesn't really work with the other thing, so think white and round. I can try again with the necklace, but I'll need a better description so I can picture it. The movers didn't take it, they visualize as white and clean. Is there a woman who it related to you?

@LGK: For some reason you still have the ring. Then all I see is a mess, chaos. It makes no sense logically, though. But you do definitely have it. It is in a mess? Jumbled. Not with other jewelry.

Well ... my CAT is white and round, does that count? But I'll go on the hunt!

The ruby necklace was a double-strand of graduated beads, 14 and 16 inches long, with a 1950s style gold clasp decorated with rubies and diamonds. It USED to live in a long blue bracelet box. I honestly can't remember seeing it since the move ... and, no female relatives except for my mom, and she's not the klepto type. I'm stumped!

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
I think I just lost the flash drive that has my nerdbook manuscript(s) and all my notes on it.

lol/sigh. :roll:

Well, this is why you save important documents in more than one place.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
For gift cards, you need the receipt OR the gift card number. I sent one through the mail and it got lost and nothing could be done about it. It was for Sephora. Funny thing is it arrived at its destination 6 or so months after I had mailed it out.

ETA - I use to loose my cell phone all the time. Once a friend had to come over and call my # so we could locate it. Turned out it was just laying on my bed.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My birth certificate -- I've now got something like 3 certified copies in the house. (Luckily I know where 1 is right now!)

Power strips & extension cords -- Bought 2 packs of 3 (total of 6 strips) and couldn't find any of them a week later :rolleyes:

FI's current thing to lose is tape measures -- We had a couple but he couldn't find them. So we bought a new 2 pack (1 in the kitchen, 1 in the garage) and by the next weekend he couldn't find any so we had to buy another. Lost that one but found one of the others... which then broke so we had to buy another. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bebe

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1292293172|2796159 said:

Ok psychic iLander, :lol: here's your challenge if you are up to it !!
The last time I saw the gift cards was about 2 weeks ago, standing
at the island in my kitchen. I always drop everything off there, go through
the mail and trash the junk mail. I remember looking at the cards and wondering
which card to give to which person. Never saw them after that !! I have a room
that is set up for gift wrapping and in the back of my mind, I assumed the cards
were in there. But I have turned that room upside down. I've checked my purses,
wallets and cars. Nothing - they have been trashed !!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
@ BEBE: Oh, lordy, Bebe, this doesn't seem to be working at this distance. . . I see them in an envelope or they have slipped between 2 somethings. They are where you don't expect them to be, you've looked there, but you didn't recognize them. That's all I've got for you.

@CIRCE: I am still getting the female relative, did your mom put it somewhere for safekeeping? A woman touched it last, but of course didn't steal it.

@gaby06: I have absolutely nothing on the receipt. Zilch. Logic tells me to look in all the crannies of your wallet, though.

So that's it, I make no warranty neither expressed nor implied. :D And if the advice doesn't work, consider what you paid for it! :lol:

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I have lost feeling in my toes because it's so cold. Does that count? :rodent:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
geckodani|1292381016|2797183 said:
I have lost feeling in my toes because it's so cold. Does that count? :rodent:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I lost my butt!!! As in "froze my butt off" . . . :D

bebe

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1292379360|2797148 said:
@ BEBE: Oh, lordy, Bebe, this doesn't seem to be working at this distance. . . I see them in an envelope or they have slipped between 2 somethings. They are where you don't expect them to be, you've looked there, but you didn't recognize them. That's all I've got for you.

@CIRCE: I am still getting the female relative, did your mom put it somewhere for safekeeping? A woman touched it last, but of course didn't steal it.

@gaby06: I have absolutely nothing on the receipt. Zilch. Logic tells me to look in all the crannies of your wallet, though.

So that's it, I make no warranty neither expressed nor implied. :D And if the advice doesn't work, consider what you paid for it! :lol:

iLander - you are partly right, they were in a white envelope!!
you are too funny - love it

LGK

Ideal_Rock
ILander, are you sure you don't know me IRL? Lol, you pretty much exactly described where I'd guess it is- somewhere, in a moving box, which contains a messy pile of my stuff DH stuffed into a box when we were packing up. And a lot of our tchochskies are all still packed up even though we moved a year or so ago :lol: I don't know for sure, but I probably stuck it inside some sort of teeny decorative container that for whatever reason I hadn't then opened again in a while. And I also don't think it's with any other jewelry because I did keep good track of that and have gone through all of it repeatedly since then.

I'll definitely make sure to keep looking for it at least! Thanks :bigsmile:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
In April, I lost a ring of my mom's that she had given me. I am just sick about it. I last saw it the week my husband and I were moving (middle of April). A week after we moved into our new house, I went to be the MOH in my friend's wedding, and I don't have it on in any of the pictures from that weekend. I am pretty sure I did not take it with me. I haven't been able to tell my mom it's missing. It's a very sentimental piece, and though she wasn't wearing it anymore, I feel like the worst daughter ever that I managed to lose it only a year after she gave it to me (when it had been around for 22 years before that).

Can you visualize anything, iLander? If you need a picture, here's a link to my thread about it.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I am the KING of losing just about everything.

If it isn't my wallet, its my keys, if it isn't my keys, its my license, if it isn't my license, its my credit card. It is a never ending vicious cycle that I keep promising to end.

One time, I lost my wallet inside of a mall and thankfully a girl messaged me of Facebook about it and we met up and she returned it to me. That same week I lost my wallet again inside a supermarket. Realized it, and returned to pick it up several hours later. To top it all off this very same week, I left my wallet at a parking garage in downtown Philadelphia. Drove all the way down there when I finally came to my senses and I retrieved it. I ended up becoming very good friends with the parking attendant who returned it to me (I had over 200$ in it). Phew. Beat that, haha!

OH. Another time I lost a beautiful diamond ring my SO got me a while ago. It meant so much to me and I literally could not sleep for 5 days just knowing it was gone. Found it behind my best friends bedroom door. How it got there? We have no clue.

This week I will be searching for my camera battery charger and also my sanity. Hopefully I can lose my dignity (by drinking wine) sometime around the weekend so that I can find my sanity again :)

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I did because I love the smell of cookies during winter, but I am not a holiday baker so the cookies I did make are nearly gone already. :((

iLander

Ideal_Rock
bebe|1292382198|2797215 said:
iLander|1292379360|2797148 said:

iLander - you are partly right, they were in a white envelope!!
you are too funny - love it

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :praise: :praise:

Not the credit cards, though, is that right? What room were they in?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LGK|1292382677|2797225 said:
ILander, are you sure you don't know me IRL? Lol, you pretty much exactly described where I'd guess it is- somewhere, in a moving box, which contains a messy pile of my stuff DH stuffed into a box when we were packing up. And a lot of our tchochskies are all still packed up even though we moved a year or so ago :lol: I don't know for sure, but I probably stuck it inside some sort of teeny decorative container that for whatever reason I hadn't then opened again in a while. And I also don't think it's with any other jewelry because I did keep good track of that and have gone through all of it repeatedly since then.

i keep thinking a bunch of metal things, and I want to say spoons, but surely you've unpacked all your spoons? I'm probably way off . . .

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kittybean|1292383747|2797247 said:
In April, I lost a ring of my mom's that she had given me. I am just sick about it. I last saw it the week my husband and I were moving (middle of April). A week after we moved into our new house, I went to be the MOH in my friend's wedding, and I don't have it on in any of the pictures from that weekend. I am pretty sure I did not take it with me. I haven't been able to tell my mom it's missing. It's a very sentimental piece, and though she wasn't wearing it anymore, I feel like the worst daughter ever that I managed to lose it only a year after she gave it to me (when it had been around for 22 years before that).

Can you visualize anything, iLander? If you need a picture, here's a link to my thread about it.

Okay, I'm not sure I'm that good. :lol: I got a strong word "sink" but totally not sure which sink. I don't strongly feel that you still have it, only about 50%. It's weird, that it's seems to be fading in and out. Maybe someplace you have access to but don't own? A work sink? IDK, this is a weird one. Mom's sink? Ugh , , ,
Remember, the advice is free . . . :lol:

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I don't lose anything, it just hides to drive me crazy. Yes, it is always somewhere and I think I place it in a spot that I would readily remember. WRONG! I used to misplace my keys very often, but now I just plop them right back into my bag. Now how they managed to get lost in there is beyond me.

Now ask me how I am able to find anything DH or DD can't find when I didn't even know where they put it in the first place is scary!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Luckily, I haven't lost anything lately, but over the summer I lost my keys. I was cleaning out my classroom on the last day of school and I must have accidentally thrown them out. I searched for hours but they never turned up. The problem was that my husband and I were moving to a different part of the country the very next day. We actually delayed leaving by a day so we could get a new set of keys made and take care of other last minute things. Such a pain.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1292413247|2797455 said:
LGK|1292382677|2797225 said:

i keep thinking a bunch of metal things, and I want to say spoons, but surely you've unpacked all your spoons? I'm probably way off . . .
Holy crap iLander. I collect sterling spoons and have a whole bunch of them packed up in various places, probably 8 boxes of sterling, mostlly flatware, of that it's mostly spoons. I probably have around 50 sterling spoons still packed! OK, I'm gonna go dig in some of those boxes, haha. I actually rooted through a few the other day, but there's one in particular I know was packed in the vicinity of stuff that could potentially have my ring in it...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results