shape
carat
color
clarity

What happens after buying the diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma1lyc

Rough_Rock
NOw that the fun part of finding my diamond is out of the way, i am left with the technical stuff.
Once i recieve my diamond what should expect to recieve?
-THe documentation of purchase of the stated grades and price it is sold at?
- The original GIA report
- A gemex report
- should i get a sarin report since GIA does not have the extra information? this is a cushion cut btw, and even if sarin reports are not necessary for cushions would it be good to have it for my insurance policy?

I will be taking it to Harold Weinstein for the appraisal, should i get it re-appraised after it is mounted? also should i get the loose diamond insured first before putting it into the setting incase they damage it?
14.gif

pls help me take the proper precautions.. i don''t to get screwed in the future lol
32.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
I should have thought that you would know what you are going to receive - didn''t you discuss this with the vendor during purchase!? The last thing you need now is a surprise!
emdgust.gif
Have your appraiser verify/value your purchase for correct representation and for your particular insurance needs.

ma1lyc

Rough_Rock
hihi ;-)

I purchased the ring from an online vendor and b.c their office is near me i will be picking the diamond up once it is shipped to their office. I have the grading GIA grading report, im just wondering what else should i expect to recieve besides the copy of the receipt and such.

ma1lyc

Rough_Rock
or perhaps i should ask, what other important documents should i get for the diamond so that the insurance company can''t try to get out of replaceing my diamond with just any diamond that fits the 4cs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results