shape
carat
color
clarity

What gift to get for my best friend who''s getting married?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
One of my best friends from high school is getting married in 2-3 weeks. I'm her MOH. I'd like to get her something special as a gift since we are so close and I'd love to give her some kind of jewelry (a nice sentimental gift). I'm not sure what to get her though and I'd love suggestions. I'm thinking some kind of pearls ... maybe studs or a pendant or a bracelet. But I'd love to hear other ideas - preferably under $200. Thank you all!

ETA: Also, she loves the color pink.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
A pony. You can dye it pink with kool-aid.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t pay attention to Erica. She wants me to ask my dad for a pony for my b-day.

I''ll think about it. I have to go to class now.

wyndham

Shiny_Rock
Hi BEG,
Is your friend registered anywhere? If so, maybe you can find something off of one of her registries that might have special meaning to you two...and that way, you know for sure that she''ll love your gift (since she picked it out!), and it will also be a gift that both she and her new husband can enjoy.
If you want to get a gift just for her, what about a pink pearl necklace? I found this pink freshwater pearl and diamond necklace on Blue Nile: http://www.bluenile.com/pink-freshwater-pearl-diamond-pendant_6753?rf=pd. Or earrings, if she''s not really a necklace person? http://www.bluenile.com/pink-freshwater-pearl-diamond-earrings_6754?rf=pd

Good luck!!
9.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pearls would be lovely BEG! Another thought might be a bracelet or necklace/earrings that are aquamarine, so she might be able to wear them for her something blue???? i've seen some lovely aqua jewelry that would be great wedding pieces!

ETA:

pretty bracelet - slightly out of budget..... http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=184229&PartnerID=FROOGLE&BannerID=PD115

I LOVE THIS AQUA BANGLE. http://www.belisi.com/p-887-aquamarine-stones-bangle-bracelet.aspx?utm_source=Nextag&utm_medium=CPC&zmam=8568711&zmas=10&zmac=115&zmap=887

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 6:02:21 PM
Author: EricaR

LOL. I want a pony!! Like this one! (well a miniature horse will do....)

BEGMiniHorse.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 6:04:17 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Don''t pay attention to Erica. She wants me to ask my dad for a pony for my b-day.

I''ll think about it. I have to go to class now.

Hehe you should! Hey it''s a change from shoes right?
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 6:11:17 PM
Author: wyndham
Hi BEG,

Is your friend registered anywhere? If so, maybe you can find something off of one of her registries that might have special meaning to you two...and that way, you know for sure that she''ll love your gift (since she picked it out!), and it will also be a gift that both she and her new husband can enjoy.

If you want to get a gift just for her, what about a pink pearl necklace? I found this pink freshwater pearl and diamond necklace on Blue Nile: http://www.bluenile.com/pink-freshwater-pearl-diamond-pendant_6753?rf=pd. Or earrings, if she''s not really a necklace person? http://www.bluenile.com/pink-freshwater-pearl-diamond-earrings_6754?rf=pd

Good luck!!
9.gif

I''m thinking of doing both, because I definitely don''t want to exclude her soon-to-be-husband (who is a great guy). Love the necklace! Hmm....

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 6:35:50 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

I love you BEG!!!

Freke just doesn''t realize that a pony would be the ULTIMATE GIFT!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 6:25:26 PM
Author: violet3
Pearls would be lovely BEG! Another thought might be a bracelet or necklace/earrings that are aquamarine, so she might be able to wear them for her something blue???? i''ve seen some lovely aqua jewelry that would be great wedding pieces!

ETA:

pretty bracelet - slightly out of budget..... http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=184229&PartnerID=FROOGLE&BannerID=PD115

I LOVE THIS AQUA BANGLE. http://www.belisi.com/p-887-aquamarine-stones-bangle-bracelet.aspx?utm_source=Nextag&utm_medium=CPC&zmam=8568711&zmas=10&zmac=115&zmap=887

Good call on the something blue! LOVE that bangle - definite possibility! I wish I hadn''t left this so late - it''s a little late to ask Barry or Dan to cut me something and for me to set it. That bangle is just delish though!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 6:38:06 PM

I love you BEG!!!

Aw I love you too! It totally would! I think my apartment is big enough for a miniature horse...!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love you BEG!!!
I wanted a pony. Technically it was a 3 year old retired racehorse, but a pony regardless. Didn''t work out so well for me. So I gave up on the pony idea.

I think a pink pearl necklace would be wonderful. Or maybe drop earrings? My imagination is running wild with ideas...most of them are probably over $200...

Does she like pearls?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey BEG, what a lovely friend you are! Just wanted to ask a question though... in lieu of a gift for the two of them you want to get her a personal item? The only reason I'm asking is that I was (admittedly) hypersensitive about this. Whenever people asked me if I wanted a personal gift or a gift for the two of us, I was very firm that for our wedding, I wanted something that celebrates us both as a couple since it is a joint occassion, and not a personal one.

I don't know if anyone else has this sensitivity, but well... I just wanted to raise the flag in case I'm not the only one who feels that way. As a result of my particular sensitivity though... I always give wedding gifts that the couple can enjoy together. One of my favorite wedding presents was these gorgeous candlesticks I had registered for and two of our champagne flutes with a note about wishing us love laughter, champagne and candlelight in our lives together. It was from one of my closest friends from lawschool and it meant a lot to me, and to John, that she did that.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 6:51:05 PM
Author: FrekeChild

I love you BEG!!!

I wanted a pony. Technically it was a 3 year old retired racehorse, but a pony regardless. Didn''t work out so well for me. So I gave up on the pony idea.

I think a pink pearl necklace would be wonderful. Or maybe drop earrings? My imagination is running wild with ideas...most of them are probably over $200...

Does she like pearls?

What happened with the racehorse? My dream when I was younger was to own a racing stable...well after being a jockey. I think being a jockey is the one profession in which even I''d be considered too tall. That or gymnastics.
3.gif

So she got back to me - she has a necklace and studs (wedding jewelry). I might do a ring. Or a bracelet. Or something totally different

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 7:10:55 PM
Author: Gypsy
Hey BEG, what a lovely friend you are! Just wanted to ask a question though... in lieu of a gift for the two of them you want to get her a personal item? The only reason I'm asking is that I was (admittedly) hypersensitive about this. Whenever people asked me if I wanted a personal gift or a gift for the two of us, I was very firm that for our wedding, I wanted something that celebrates us both as a couple since it is a joint occasion, and not a personal one.

I don't know if anyone else has this sensitivity, but well... I just wanted to raise the flag in case I'm not the only one who feels that way. As a result of my particular sensitivity though... I always give wedding gifts that the couple can enjoy together. One of my favorite wedding presents was these gorgeous candlesticks I had registered for and two of our champagne flutes with a note about wishing us love laughter, champagne and candlelight in our lives together. It was from one of my closest friends from lawschool and it meant a lot to me, and to John, that she did that.
Gypsy makes a good point but under the guise "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" you can give a gift to the bride before she is married. (which she is supposed to wear on her wearing day)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hey BEG, what a lovely friend you are! Just wanted to ask a question though... in lieu of a gift for the two of them you want to get her a personal item? The only reason I''m asking is that I was (admittedly) hypersensitive about this. Whenever people asked me if I wanted a personal gift or a gift for the two of us, I was very firm that for our wedding, I wanted something that celebrates us both as a couple since it is a joint occassion, and not a personal one.

I don''t know if anyone else has this sensitivity, but well... I just wanted to raise the flag in case I''m not the only one who feels that way. As a result of my particular sensitivity though... I always give wedding gifts that the couple can enjoy together. One of my favorite wedding presents was these gorgeous candlesticks I had registered for and two of our champagne flutes with a note about wishing us love laughter, champagne and candlelight in our lives together. It was from one of my closest friends from lawschool and it meant a lot to me, and to John, that she did that.

Hey there Gypsy! I think I''m going to do both. I''ll pick something from the registry for both of them but I do want to get something personal in addition to that, since she is one of my closest friends. I thought about that too and I''d hate to exclude her FI, even if it was with the best of intentions, y''know?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 7:17:27 PM
Author: swingirl

Hey BEG, what a lovely friend you are! Just wanted to ask a question though... in lieu of a gift for the two of them you want to get her a personal item? The only reason I''m asking is that I was (admittedly) hypersensitive about this. Whenever people asked me if I wanted a personal gift or a gift for the two of us, I was very firm that for our wedding, I wanted something that celebrates us both as a couple since it is a joint occasion, and not a personal one.

I don''t know if anyone else has this sensitivity, but well... I just wanted to raise the flag in case I''m not the only one who feels that way. As a result of my particular sensitivity though... I always give wedding gifts that the couple can enjoy together. One of my favorite wedding presents was these gorgeous candlesticks I had registered for and two of our champagne flutes with a note about wishing us love laughter, champagne and candlelight in our lives together. It was from one of my closest friends from lawschool and it meant a lot to me, and to John, that she did that.

Gypsy makes a good point but under the guise ''something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue'' you can give a gift to the bride before she is married. (which she is supposed to wear on her wearing day)

Ah very true and a good point!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 7:19:30 PM

Hey BEG, what a lovely friend you are! Just wanted to ask a question though... in lieu of a gift for the two of them you want to get her a personal item? The only reason I''m asking is that I was (admittedly) hypersensitive about this. Whenever people asked me if I wanted a personal gift or a gift for the two of us, I was very firm that for our wedding, I wanted something that celebrates us both as a couple since it is a joint occasion, and not a personal one.

Gypsy makes a good point but under the guise ''something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue'' you can give a gift to the bride before she is married. (which she is supposed to wear on her wearing day)

Perfect. A couples gift and a personal gift. Great idea. Just wanted to raise the point, ya know.
2.gif

NOW... on to personalized gift selection. 200 bucks. Will have to think about that. How about a pearl pendant?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 7:29:38 PM
Date: 4/14/2009 7:19:30 PM

Perfect. A couples gift and a personal gift. Great idea. Just wanted to raise the point, ya know.
2.gif

NOW... on to personalized gift selection. 200 bucks. Will have to think about that. How about a pearl pendant?

Another possibility- I messaged Sally on Etsy to see if she could make me a Lotus ring (in pink tourmaline or something else pink instead of the faceted aqua). It''s such a feminine pretty ring - although the problem is I don''t know if she''d be able to have it done by the time I leave for the wedding. So we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results