shape
carat
color
clarity

What gave your SO away?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking about this when I was reading tropicalbarbi''s thread and MTG added that she also saw a piece of paper with diamond specs on it. So ladies, when did you get an inkling that a proposal is pending and not just by talking about it. Did you find his notes? Jeweler''s business cards? Just curious. And I''m going to share one of my close friend''s stories when I get done with work.
31.gif

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
Saw a business card in his wallet with an SA''s name on it. He''s not the type to save something like that if he didn''t need it...
31.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Awesome, pluck!!

As promised, my turn to share! My friend, R, who had been dating her then BF, P, was cleaning her apartment (they didn''t live together at the time) when she found a notebook of his that he had left on her coffeetable. The notebook was pretty standard since they''re both teachers and they sometimes talked about lesson plans and share notes and etc. Anyways, R was vacuuming and knocks over the notebook. She goes to pick it up and the notebook is opened to a specific page. She looks and it''s an itinerary for Thanksgiving which was at the time 3 weeks away. It goes something like this.

11a Arrive at family home for Thanksgiving
1p Play flag football
3p Propose to R!!

She freaks and gives me a call and tells me all about it!! P never knew that she saw that page in the notebook. But, they didn''t get engaged during Thanksgiving. She ended up waiting for Christmas since when he got the ring for the Thanksgiving proposal, it wasn''t right. He returned it and the corrected ring got mailed to the wrong address and let''s just say it was a giant mess! It was very very stressful for P so when he told her why he was late at proposing and the story that went with the reason, she was more than ok with it! Plus he did do an awesome job!! He didn''t get to pick up the ring until Christmas Eve because they couldn''t find it at the Postal office for pickup....but he proposed hours later just to make sure that the ring was finally on her finger!!

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Awwww! Such a cute story :)

Actually BF and I had a big fight and I told him I had planned on proposing but that I decided not to based on his recent behavior. This was very true, I had planned on a date in August or September. He got to thinking for the next couple of days and finally figured out that this thing we have going is forever and that he did want to get married. About two months prior his mom had offered him his grandmother''s diamond she we decide to get married but at the time he had said no.

I guess he called his mom after our fight and asked for the diamond. A couple of weeks after the incident he asked me to look at engagement ring settings. Ever since then he has told me pretty much that he has the ring and is waiting for his plan. I''m guessing in about 3 weeks since we''re taking a little trip out of state. It is KILLING me knowing the ring is in this house but I refuse to ruin the surprise.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
He had his email open and I saw an email to the vender that had the setting I said I liked. I kept it cool though and pretended not to notice.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
That''s fantastic, Katomm and purselover! *******DUST DUST DUST********** to both of you! I hope it''s soon!!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
1. I overheard him asking his best friend to be the best man while they were playing world of warcraft
20.gif

2. He put the jeweler''s business card on the fridge with my ring size on it
20.gif
lol
3. He told me we were going out to celebrate a special occasion
4. The special occasion ended up being a tuesday night and he brought flowers home in the afternoon.

I just kind of had a feeling lol In fact..here''s my thread leading up to that night of the proposal haha
Tonight''s The Night!

Guess What! Thread

My Pic Post and Story

I figured I might as well just post all the links if anyone wants to see them, enjoy :)

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
well we hald talked about getting married, and picked out the setting together. but i had NO clue when it was going to happen. I thought (since the ring was on layaway) that it would not come until he was done paying it off. Aparently he left a HUGE clue in may, going "oh i have such a HUGE paycheck!!" and then not having any money two weeks later.
DUH! - i didnt catch on!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
When laying in bed to go to sleep, he suddenly asked a series of questions:

"What''s your favourite flower?"

"Do you want me to ask your parents for permission?"

"Do you like champagne?"

All in the same convo. Yeah, that was a *bit* of a tip-off.

teal

Rough_Rock
He asked what type of ring I''d like - for one day *g* He didn''t propose for over six months though, which was totally cool by me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results