shape
carat
color
clarity

What fashion do you not want to see in 2013?

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date
D

Deactivated member 42515

The cliche thread has got me thinking... And I also saw a lady today that was covered head to toe in owls. Owl shirt, owl ring, owl necklace, and I'm pretty sure she had on an owl belt buckle...
So I would like to see no more owls! It has passed people!

Also, the people wearing head to toe matching velour suits... Your time is over. You can wear the top or the bottom but not both. And especially not the ones with the rhinestones on the butt that say sexy or kisses or whatever else it says.

D

Deactivated member 42515

But I would like to see riding boots stay around for a while. I love them :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: What fashion do you not want to see in 2013?

0p.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

A spinoff of Kenny's: men wearing skinny jeans like that. SKINNY JEANS. ON MEN. AND THEN SAGGING. WHY.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Classy. He's even got some dice underwear going on.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YT|1357334014|3347483 said:
Classy. He's even got some dice underwear going on.
HI:

I read it quickly and thought you said "nice"....

High....errr...low roller..... ;)) :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

D

Deactivated member 42515

ame said:
A spinoff of Kenny's: men wearing skinny jeans like that. SKINNY JEANS. ON MEN. AND THEN SAGGING. WHY.
Skinny jeans are a necessity. It leaves nothing to the imagine for the crotch area. How else am I gotta know if he's worth talking to? :naughty:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wearing flip flops and sandals a size too small - I can't stand seeing heels and toes sticking out past the soles of one's shoes. I don't know why anyone would do this - it must be so uncomfortable!!

I'm probably inviting trouble but I don't generally care for those jeans that taper all the way to the ankles - what are they called? - with anything other than boots. They (IMO!) aren't flattering on women without a very specific type of figure.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Certain types of jeans seem to be a problem. When DH and I were at the mall shopping for Christmas, we ended up walking behind a couple that were basically wearing the same pair of jeans. Except the guy's pair was tighter and sparklier. I nudged DH and said its a sad day when the man's jeans have more rhinestones on the butt than the girl's. Oh and he also had a massive amount of rhinestones on his hat. Why! There's no need for peacocking! He already has a girl that understands his rhinestone fetish.

D

Deactivated member 42515

yssie said:
Wearing flip flops and sandals a size too small - I can't stand seeing heels and toes sticking out past the soles of one's shoes. I don't know why anyone would do this - it must be so uncomfortable!!

I'm probably inviting trouble but I don't generally care for those jeans that taper all the way to the ankles - what are they called? - with anything other than boots. They (IMO!) aren't flattering on women without a very specific type of figure.
Oh no, I totally understand the flip flop thing. I used to go to an optometrist that would wear these strappy sandals and her pinky toe would poke out of one of the straps and be touching the floor. I went to her once and I couldn't go to her again. It grossed me out.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock

Wedge heels. And open-toed boots / booties - I saw in a magazine recently that those are going to be very trendy. I really don't get it.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock

I keep wondering when fashion is going to go whole hog into a back-to-the-80's thing. The designers have been getting in little touches the last few years. I already did all the fashion dos and don'ts for the decade. Can nobody think of something new?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Sky high platforms and cartoon shoes. These are ugly. Any guy will tell you.

Beside being dangerous as hell.

lead_boots.jpg

platform_flipflop.jpg

truly_ridiculous.jpg

_2831.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes! Please pass already!

4ever

Ideal_Rock

I would like to second men's skinny jeans.

Girls wearing leggings as trousers (not jeggings which I do love). Not ok IMO unless you are 6 or under, in which case it's pretty darn cute!

I'm very over the sheer maxi skirt.

Those baggy singlet tops with really big arm holes so innocent passers by can see your lacy bra covered side boob.

Keyhole back dresses and tops worn with a bra...actually key hole backs on anything except an evening dress.

I'm sure there is more.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YT|1357331455|3347451 said:

Also, the people wearing head to toe matching velour suits... Your time is over. You can wear the top or the bottom but not both. And especially not the ones with the rhinestones on the butt that say sexy or kisses or whatever else it says.

HANDS OFF MY OWLS, YT! Especially my velour owl motif "jogging" suit! :lol:

Seriously though I do have some owl stuff - you know how it is when you show some interest in something and all of your friends sort of say "Whew! Now I know what to give her!"? - but I try to exercise good discretion in displaying or wearing it! :wink2:

D

Deactivated member 42515

MINIMS said:
YT|1357331455|3347451 said:

HANDS OFF MY OWLS, YT! Especially my velour owl motif "jogging" suit! :lol:

Seriously though I do have some owl stuff - you know how it is when you show some interest in something and all of your friends sort of say "Whew! Now I know what to give her!"? - but I try to exercise good discretion in displaying or wearing it! :wink2:
My SIL went through that! And I'm the guilty one! I got the notion that she liked Hello Kitty. I don't know why... And so I kept buying her Hello Kitty stuff whenever I saw it and SIL was too nice to tell me otherwise! I have bought her a nightgown, playing card set, slippers, cat ears, pj set, and a shirt... I'm so guilty of this... It is not something I am proud of. At all.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

Super skinny nut-hugger jeans on guys. Ick.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

EVERY girl at my sons middle school wears VS Pink campus/sweatpants with UGG boots ans a tiny tee-shirt or tank top! Pick a season and go with it I say!!

ponder

Brilliant_Rock

leggings as pants. I saw way too many panty lines and cellulite through leggings today. Please cover your @$$!

AP1976

Shiny_Rock

I'll go one further on the leggings-as-pants trend. Nude colored leggings! What are these people thinking??

317794_2625279155689_1727415069_n.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

AP1976 said:
I'll go one further on the leggings-as-pants trend. Nude colored leggings! What are these people thinking??
Yuck. I never ever ever understood this... I saw a lot of these pictures in People of Walmart.com...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ripped jeans. Can't stand to look at them.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock

I am all for the boys in skinny jeans (that hang off their butt, no less!) to jut go away. It isn't cute!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results