shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you wish for on Valentine''s Day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Normally Dh and I do not observe Valentine''s Day because we just don''t get into it. There''s a card here, sometimes he''ll surprise me with flowers, a dinner there, but for the most part, it''s just another day.

This year I feel like we deserve to treat each other, because we sort of glossed over our 5th wedding anniversary. (my mom''s b-day is dec 14, our anniv. is dec 16, our son''s bday dec 21, and of course xmas!). We had our son''s 2nd bday party & combo bday party for my mom on our anniversary this year (since it fell on a saturday) and didn''t celebrate "our" romantic day, our anniversary. And then of course, we had to have another bday party for my son a few days later with my dad & his family because my mom won''t be in the same room as him...arrrrghhh...suffice it to say, DH & I were like "hon, you know I love you dearly, I''ll catch ya on the backside of the holidays!". LOL!!!!!

So this year I wish for a Valentine/Anniversary celebration...

I''m going to start the day off by making pink heart shaped pancakes, OJ, bacon, fresh fruit....

Followed by:

Date night, complete with dinner and pressies!!!

I am thinking of buying DH a new leather jacket, since his is a wee outdated & I saw some great Andrew Marcs about to be marked down at Nordy''s.

I''d love a bottle of real perfume. I''ve been on the perfume thread here, and I think in all my sniffing I drifted back to my old faithful, and as fate would have it, Donna Karan Cashmere Mist just debuted in perfume (not eau de parfum or eau de toilette) and I''ve never owned a "real" bottle of pure perfume before!! I''ll sample at Nordy''s to be sure though!

I''m so excited! I''ve just always felt that we never needed Hallmark to give us a "day" where we have to be nice to each other or buy presents, but since we are both kind of bummed that we missed a fairly significant anniversary, well, who''s to say a little romance can''t hurt?????

So what, if anything do you and your sweetie do for Vday?

Jeannine

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we typically go out to dinner...i'm trying to figure out where we (read *I* lol) want to go to dinner this year...i should probably make ressies soon.

last year we actually stayed home and i made us lobster tails and we did cheese fondue and also chocolate fondue. it was fun to stay home and relax together, since we typically go out. though we also did stay home our first vday here in the new house...which was awesome...we had only been in the house 2 weeks and our big jet tub upstairs was such a novelty!!

i'm not getting any gifties this year because my b-bag was both my xmas and vday gift but greg might get me flowers...sometimes he does. we don't really do the chocolates thing even though my dad always gets us three girls all little heart boxes of candies (my mom is a total candy fiend so she loves getting candies!!)...i typically get greg something small and cute/cheesy (one year i got him this huge 'lovebug' helium balloon that lived for months in our kitchen before it finally deflated slowly)...but not sure what i'll surprise him with this year. oh and we get each other cheesy cards of course!! that's the most fun. but typically it's pretty low-key...justyummy dinner and some silly small things and that's it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
We got eachother nice xmas gifts this year, so we probably won''t do anything special this year. We''ll probably just have date night or something.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We always go out for dinner and a few drinks. We get each other something small every year but tbh its not a huge deal to us. I think he''s getting me this cool 50''s vase which is purple and Im still unsure as to what Im getting him yet. He hates surprises so I''ll go shopping with him and see is there anything that he wants

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I could have anything for valentines day it would be that my 2 year old son James isn''t Autistic. (we will be getting the results of his tests around the middle of February).

Other than that I really want a silver necklace from Tiffanys.
9.gif

Maisie

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could see my FI for Valentine''s Day! Unfortunately, he''s in Edmonton until March.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 4:56:49 AM
Author: Maisiebelle
If I could have anything for valentines day it would be that my 2 year old son James isn''t Autistic. (we will be getting the results of his tests around the middle of February).

9.gif

Maisie
*crossing my fingers for you, on both*
2.gif

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
^^^
Ditto. The waiting must be hell. Good luck to you.

As for V-day we usually cook dinner at home, last year we had lobster tails and scallops, along with some really good champagne. He got me a bottle of really nice desert wine and honestly I can''t remember what I got him! This year I might get him a certificate for a massage or two, since he wouldn''t do that for himself.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Jeannine it sounds like you have a nice plan to celebrate Valentine''s Day! And you are right there is nothing like REAL perfume!!!

Maisiebelle I certainly hope for the best on your son''s test results.

We have been married a long time and we don''t ususally do much for Valentine''s except maybe go out to dinner. This year it has been very cold here so we are planning to spend that week at a resort in Scottsdale so I am really looking forward to that!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I am not a big fan of the holiday, I say be nice to me all year and I''ll be nice to you and there''s no need to make a big deal about February 14. But typically we do something small, like a dinner out. He has bought me jewelry in the past so who knows, but I don''t really wish for anything. I''ll get him a card and something silly and small but I don''t make a big deal of it.

Maisie: here''s hoping you get your V-day wish.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Funny story... NOT so funny at the time though!
29.gif

My FI and I met just before V-day... and our first kiss was actually ON V-day, after he had walked me home through the park in the snow.
30.gif
So the following year was not only our 1st dating anniversary, but our 1st real V-day together... and I'd told him that I'd never really celebrated V-day in the past, so it had never been a big deal to me.... assuming he would be even MORE excited to plan something, knowing that.

WELL.... a few weeks before, he starts talking about how he'd really like to do something nice for his parents... and proceeds to spend HOURS reviewing the best restaurants in Philly, making a reservation, getting them tix to a show that evening, and arranging for them to spend the night in the city at his apartment. Meanwhile, I'm not saying a word... thinking if he's putting this much effort into his parents, think how hard he must be working for ours!
20.gif

So the day before, he went ALL out to decorate his apt for his parents... we're talking flowers, Godiva chocolates, everything... and as we're walking to CVS to buy RIBBON to tie around the nice bottle of champagne he purchased..... he asks me, "So have you thought about what you might want to do tomorrow? And we can stay at your place, right? Since my parents will be at mine?"
23.gif

Um, yeah. He had planned absolutely NOTHING for us. So I FREAK out, and he is genuinely baffled.... "but you said you never really liked Valentine's Day??" Ummmm because I never had anyone good to celebrate it with!! GRRRRRRRRRRR.... I was ready to murder him.
11.gif
Fortunately I have since recovered... and learned to be a BIT clearer about what I want! And he has made up for it many times over, through the years... plus I wouldn't trade the story for anything!
31.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Eph: your story is hysterical!

Diver: You''ve inspired me, through this thread, to do something nice for hubby for V-day. I''m going to make dinner reservations right now! He''s so good about doing romantic things for me, I need to step up to the plate!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Valentine''s day...have always loved it. Even the years that I wasn''t with anyone...I got together with girlfriends, we cooked a nice dinner and dessert, and watched romantic movies.

Unfortunately, I am married to someone who is in the restaurant business and since Valentine''s day is a day almost everyone goes out to eat....it is a holiday I NEVER get to spend with my husband!!! Total bummer. We usually plan an alternate day as ''our'' Valentine''s day though, because he knows I love the holiday, and go out to dinner, exchange nice gifts, be cuddly.

This year, all I would like is some actual TIME to spend with him! He has been super busy 7 days a week and it is taking a toll!

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
A chain for the locket he gave me for Christmas. My husband is a crafty man, I tell ya. "Forgetting" the chain in order to split one present into two! I joked about him buying a pearl necklace for me and then giving it at one pearl per special occasion. That gift could last for years!

I would love some nice chocolates. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to get any.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you get your wish Maisiebelle

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am wishing for... a quiet evening with FI... some champagne, a nice dinner at home and ... that's about it. I would like to see that FI's new job out here is pricking up speed. That would be fabulous.

ETA: I lied. I want flowers too. LOL. I REALLY want some nice flowers, its a tradition with us. I used to be a floral designer (in another life) and I've worked too many Valentine's Days to be able to enjoy red roses. FI knew that our first valentine's day and he bought me the most beautiful French tulips instead. Although... this year, with the cold, I'm not sure flowers are going to be a smart idea. But I still want them... every year he gets me something different and wonderful.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock

9.gif

Maisie

Oh how nerve-wracking. My son is 2 as well, and autism is always a fear in most parents minds. I''ll be thinking of you and your son James & hoping for a good report. My heart goes out to you.

Jeannine

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm.... It''s not valentines without flowers, so of course I''d like some pretty flowers that smell nice. And chocolate is also sorta traditional unless there''s jewelry so I''d love a token chocolate in the form of a Godiva chocolate covered strawberry. (mmmmmm)
A romantic dinner either at home or out would also be nice. He''s lucky, I find the olive garden to be very romantic.
31.gif

But what I would love most of all (and have no chance of getting due to fi not being pyschic) is a Tiffany Heart Pendant in sterling. Any Tiffany heart pendant, I love pretty much all of them.
30.gif
There''s the double heart (which looks like infinity, uber-cool), the folded heart, the two heart pendant, the open heart pendant, and the carved gemstone open heart (which is pretty nice in carnelian).

I actually have a decent reason beyond greed for wanting a heart pendant. A year and a half ago he bought me this adorable little heart pendant from a gift shop. I used to wear it constantly and I''d still love to wear it, but my vainity won out over sentiment. All the shiny yellow color wore off long ago and it''s this dreadful dull grey now. I just don''t want to wear it in public.
15.gif

Honestly what we should be getting jewelry wise is our wedding bands. I''ll just put the heart pendant on the wish list for next year!
2.gif

Oh, and I''m going to get him some nice Godiva white chocolate!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

9.gif

Maisie
Fingers and toes crossed for you Maisiebelle!!! Hubby''s birthday is on the 15th, so we don''t do a whole lot on Valentines day. Usually we give eachother cards and I make him a nice dinner. The 15th we go out for a nice dinner.

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
This diamond rolling ring for my right hand so it wont feel naked when my e-ring is done
18.gif
V day is always huge for us so its going to be lots of fun to be together
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Normally not a big chocolate fan, for Valentines I like to get Callebault Chocolates. A nice treat. And some heart shaped balloons would be nice......

cheers--Sharon

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
A trip to the Miami Boat Show that weekend!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I'm being so good on my diet...but a few Godiva Open Oysters....sssiiggghhhh (hazelnut/chocolate creme in a milk chocolate oyster shape) OMG.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I will go to dinner either the weekend before or after Valentine''s day. I absolutely HATE going to restaurants on holidays, since the menus always seem to be limited, the prices go up, and the service is usually less than spectacular to say the least. Plus, I have all intentions of being at the barn that night, as is my usual routine on Wednesdays
2.gif
3.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ephemery1: Ughhh! Men! That's just like a guy to think like that.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Well this year I think we will try to go out for a nice dinner again. Last year we had plans, but they fell through, and I ended up making a yummy dinner at home for us. I know it is busy and overpriced a bit, but I do enjoy that Valentine''s feeling in the air, when we do go out somewhere.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock

9.gif

Maisie
Maisie~
I''m so sorry your son has shown characteristics of autism...may I ask who screened him (neuropsych?) I work with autistic children and although it is heartbreaking for families it absolutely is not the end of the world. Please let us know when you get his results and I''d be glad to help you in any way I can. Prayers outgoing!

As for vday, I would give anything to see my sweetie but that won''t happen this year...but I have always wanted to receive flowers at work. ;-)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
We usually go out to dinner, but not super fancy dinner as we've been pretty bad at making reservation for vday. I am probably not getting a gift since DH bought me a spy bag as a combined xmas/b-day/v-day gift. He did let me waitlist for a LV bag that is coming in Feb after vday. So if I end up getting it, then that can be considered a v-day gift.

I am kind of weird but I don't really care to get big gift for holidays and special occasions. I like to get gifts for no reasons/just because, then it really shows that he is thinking about me.

ETA: I guess I don't really wish for anything. hehe.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Valentines Day doesn''t do much for me. Like Kaleigh''s DH, TGuy''s birthday is on the 15th. I don''t think it''s fair to him to have to concentrate on doing anything for v-day when the next day is his b-day!

So we open up a GOOD bottle of wine (something we have been saving), and I make dinner . We take photos of ourselves and put it in a journal that we have just for vday. Then we write a little something nice to one another to keep for the ages.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
hope you get your wish Maisiebelle

I always get a heart shaped pizza made by my hubby because the restaurants are too crazy.

I hope for a better year at work!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results