shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you want for a ring....a wedding ring that is!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beth07

Rough_Rock
So on this thread we all talk about E-rings A LOT, but I was wondering what everyone wants for a wedding band?

I myself have decided to fore-go all the glitz for a plain band (note that I''m still waiting on the engagement ring! ha!)
The reason is my mom has a plain wedding band, thin gold that she''s never taken off her finger, not even when she was pregnant. She''s been married 30 years. I love the sentimental value in this. So I''m probably going to choose the thinnest milgrain band I can. But of course leave my options open for an eternity ring.
31.gif
I love the stacked look of e-ring, plain wb and eternity ring

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Most definitely a full bore eternity, shared prong and as many carats as we can afford. Having said that I think I would also have to have a very simple, very plain, very narrow comfort fit band also. This is because half of my life is spent walking dogs, cleaning out guinea pigs, and riding and caring for my horse. Not ideal conditions for the diamonds ha ha. I have decided, even though I am not even engaged yet, that when I get married I will have both rings blessed and wear them both on the day. This will give them equal value and therefore I will not feel fraudulent when flicking between the two.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I want both plain and blinged out because that''s my personality, I''m a simple girl that likes to show off sometimes :)
I also have this thing in my mind that they have to be matching, it doesn''t show unity as a couple. He wants a custom made negative wax mold diamond plate w-ring. This will be the pattern on our rings, only smaller obviously, with a smooth border edge. Yeah, I know were crazy but nobody else has it and it really shows our collective nature with cars and trucks.
diamond-plate-10.jpg

02PP13.jpg
Here is my favorite wedding ring through, I think it''s going to look really good with my sapphire diamond e-ring

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 10:41:12 AM
Author: MustangFan
I want both plain and blinged out because that's my personality, I'm a simple girl that likes to show off sometimes :)
I also have this thing in my mind that they have to be matching, it doesn't show unity as a couple. He wants a custom made negative wax mold diamond plate w-ring. This will be the pattern on our rings, only smaller obviously, with a smooth border edge. Yeah, I know were crazy but nobody else has it and it really shows our collective nature with cars and trucks.
diamond-plate-10.jpg

02PP13.jpg
Here is my favorite wedding ring through, I think it's going to look really good with my sapphire diamond e-ring
aww it didn't show up, and now I'm all curious!

As for me, I've been thinking about my wedding band as well as his, and for mine I'd definately like a bling (diamonds or gemstone, dont' know yet) as well as a plain which I'd like to match his more or less. :)

ETA: Oops! There it is! Awesome! Now I can't wait to see it as an actual band, I'm curious again!! Good thing I'm not a cat!
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
This is my top choice (I'd get it in polished, though):

Oh! It's by Etienne Perret.
9.gif

starlightbandplatinum.jpg

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think for a wedding band i''d like two thin pave or channel set rose gold bands with pink diamonds. I want a pave e-ring so i would wear one band on each side of it. I also like chunky eternity bands. I guess I will decide once i get an engagement ring and figure out what looks good with it.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2007 9:00:13 AM
Author:Beth07
I love the stacked look of e-ring, plain wb and eternity ring
Me too! I think it would be beautiful to have a plain wb and then an eternity ring for an anniversary to stack. I''m flip-flopping between this idea and an art deco style wb (think fay cullen, etc).

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good question! I always ask to see both the e-ring and the wb when I go shopping and I''ve been told by more than one salesperson not to worry about that yet. Um, yeah, I''d like to "worry" about that now, thank you. I''d actually like to try on both at the same time to get a good look at the total effect. Sheesh!

I like ones that match the e-ring and if it can sit flush with the e-ring, that''s even better. I''ll look around for pictures.

princessmo2

Rough_Rock
My dad gave me a ring about a year ago... It was his mother''s wedding band - she died when he was four years old. It''s a thin white gold band with 5 tiny diamonds on it and it''s got a pattern engraved into it all the way around. I am like 99% sure I will use that when I get married, partially because I really like it, but mostly because of the sentimental value attached to it.
1.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Well, my e-ring came with a matching band, but even if it didn;t, I would still have chosen something similar - 7 stone round brilliant half eternity...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I can't decide.

I'm having a channel set split shank in either white gold or platinum with 1.42 cushion cut tsavorite for my e-ring.

Now I could go for something like this as my w-ring:

However, my mother, grandmothers etc all have really simple 18kt yellow gold bands and I have always loved the look of them. With a split shank my w-band will never sit totally flush, tsavorite needs tlc and so I will need to take it off a lot.

Can you wear y-gold next to platinum or w-gold? Does it rub away the other? Would it just look weird?

tsavwband.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results