shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TDK

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

So I recently started brainstorming ideas for popping the question, and although I''d love to simply get on one knee during a nice dinner, I have this nasty habit of storing up bad luck that I spontaneously release at the least convenient moment possible... basically I''m certain that I''ll botch it, which could very well be unfounded fear, but either way that''s my reasoning for not making it too simple (although it may come to that in the end anyways
3.gif
). Now I dunno what FAA rules say about this, but what do you (gals especially) think of taking her out to the Space Needle (it shouldn''t seem too strange to her - we''re from near Seattle), and hiring a skywriter to draw out "the phrase" relatively nearby? That''s after, of course, the restaurant stops rotating due to mechanical malfunction (huh, wonder why that happened? And no, I don''t mean sabotage.
9.gif
) such that we''re facing the correct direction. Then, as the plane is finishing the last few letters, get on the knee?

As a follow-up, having the dessert dude/pastry chef spell out "I love you" in chocolate around the rim of a plate would be a bit overkill, wouldn''t it? That was one of the other methods of popping the q that''s been going through my head, and I can''t really decide between the two, so I''d really like to make both work. But seriously... it''s the thought that counts, not so much the flair of the dramatic, so that really is going too far, correct?

Thanks for the input,
~Tim K.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I prefer the simple proposal. Logistically speaking, there is SO much more that can go wrong with the Space Needle idea, including the fact that your GF may not want a pubic proposal. I''d feel that out before you put any money down on the skywriter.

TDK

Rough_Rock
Ok then, thanks for the advice, Princesss!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I''d second the advice of feeling out whether or not your girlfriend wants a public proposal. But depending on how a restaurant proposal is done, it could still feel rather private. (This is coming from someone who wants a private, rather than public proposal.)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seattle weather is pretty gray now. (I''m sitting here freezing looking at the gray) If you do use an airplane to ask her, you might consider having a banner towed instead of writing it out. I''m not too familiar with FAA regulations but I know Seattle area has a bunch of restrictions so sky writing may not be an option.
Towing a banner is a little less dependant on the weather too.

If she likes the public proposal thing, you could do a nice dinner at the Space Needle. Have it planned and ordered before you get there. Maybe heart shaped garnishments with serving. A red rose on the table. Your chocolate dessert (maybe with "I love you", maybe not). And as the dessert is served, have the airplane towing the banner fly around outside. (banner wouldn''t require stopping the spinning)
You''d have to coordinate with the restaraunt so that dessert was served at the right time. Of course even if the dessert was served before or after the airplane it would still be great.

TDK

Rough_Rock
Yes, the logical choice for this type of thing is the spring or summer, and it''s starting to look like that''s the plan anyways, since I''m in an out-of-state college; whether I do this exact thing is up for grabs, though. It depends upon how private a setting I could find at the Needle. Unless they''ve done some remodeling upstairs since two years ago, we''ll probably be exposed to at least three full sized families causing a raucous, so it''s beginning to look more and more shady..

Thanks again, everyone, for the input!
~Tim

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results