shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

braintree

Rough_Rock
So as my proposal, I photographed people who were important in our lives and made a book. You can see the first 10 pages here
http://www.blurb.com/books/586141
Any ideas on how to give it you her? I was thinking about putting in on her book shelf and wait to see when she finds it but who know how long that could take. Any advice? Thanks!!

njseeker

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is supersweet! Great idea man.

Does she hang out in parks or places alone? May be you could borrow a cute little child to deliver the book to her? After I told people that I was in the process of proposing... everyone ( i mean total strangers) wanted to help me out...

Have the book delivered to her place via FedEx or something so you know when she will receive it?

That''s all I got for now, if I think of more ideas I''ll post em...

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
unbelievably sweet and creative. Shes going to love it no matter how you give it to her. I like the idea of mailing it to her.. She'll be like.. hmm I didnt order anything..
31.gif
I guess you'll have to make sure youre home when it gets there. Or if youre home before she is leave it outside and make it look like UPS dropped it off or something. You dont ever have to throw it in the mail just put a fake packing slip on it or fake return address and leave it at the door.

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
i am throwing out wild ideas here.. how about this?

put the book in a brown sandwich bag or something similar... create a situation where you can be at her place with her alone.. and wait for an opportunity when she's not there with you, like in the kitchen or washroom or something.. then shout something out to her like..

"dear, i just got a call from the office and i need to leave in a hurry.. i've got something for you, i'll just leave it on the table..."

then quickly leave the bag with the book in it on her table and get out of her place... but leave a note in with the book.. and imagine the following happening next...

- she comes out from wherever she was, wondering what's gotten into you...

- she then curiously opens up the bag and see the book.. and as she reads it, tears of joy start rolling down her cheeks and she finds your note and it says...

"darling... would you open the door please?"

- she jumps to open the door, and there you are, with the biggest bouquet of flowers in your arms and the greatest smile on your face and you get down on one knee and say whatever you need to say to convince her to say "yes"...

if you want to throw in a little cute / silly humor you can even have your cellphone / mp3 player play your favorite song on speakers...
2.gif

workable?
21.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 7:36:19 AM
Author: blastdoor
i am throwing out wild ideas here.. how about this?

put the book in a brown sandwich bag or something similar... create a situation where you can be at her place with her alone.. and wait for an opportunity when she''s not there with you, like in the kitchen or washroom or something.. then shout something out to her like..

''dear, i just got a call from the office and i need to leave in a hurry.. i''ve got something for you, i''ll just leave it on the table...''

then quickly leave the bag with the book in it on her table and get out of her place... but leave a note in with the book.. and imagine the following happening next...

- she comes out from wherever she was, wondering what''s gotten into you...

- she then curiously opens up the bag and see the book.. and as she reads it, tears of joy start rolling down her cheeks and she finds your note and it says...

''darling... would you open the door please?''

- she jumps to open the door, and there you are, with the biggest bouquet of flowers in your arms and the greatest smile on your face and you get down on one knee and say whatever you need to say to convince her to say ''yes''...

if you want to throw in a little cute / silly humor you can even have your cellphone / mp3 player play your favorite song on speakers...
2.gif

workable?
21.gif

I DO!

ohh.. i mean.. yeah that would totally work
9.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Braintree,

That is a super sweet idea. She''s going to cherish that book forever!

I don''t really have an idea for you but I just wanted to point out that you probably want to be there when she''s reading the book so you can see her reaction to all your hard work.

I don''t really think you need an elaborate scheme to give her the book. I think after a lovely day of spending time together doing the things you like to do, just sitting her down and saying "I have something I would like you to read" would do the trick.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I absoultely love the book! I wouldnt just put it on a shelf...I''d make a presentation and give it to her. Is her birthday coming up soon? or something really impromptu?

I always like surprises from my DH... those are sometimes the best!

you could say, I know you love books, so I had this one made for you... and then drop to one knee when she gets to the will you marry me pages... and propose.... simple and unexpected.... but maybe make the backdrop more romantic... like a picnic or something.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your book is AMAZING! It brought tears to my eyes especially because I was just reading the posts by the girls who didn''t even get a simple proposal. You have one VERY LUCKY girl!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results