shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think? Surprise or no suprise?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MsPicky

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone! I''m posting this question to get some opinions because I know everyone here gives some great advice. I''ve been lurking for a while, have looked at all the amazing rings, have learned a lot and I am soon to be engaged. My boyfriend and I just recently bought a diamond on 47 th St., picked out a setting that he and I really liked. The ring is now being made and should be finished within a week or two. Originally he was going to propose with a Tiffany''s ring. He took me to see it, tried it on & even bought it. Later thinking about how expensive their prices really are, considering for a budget of $10,000 we weren''t even able to get a 1ct ring...we decided to return it (although he didn''t want to...it was a beautfiul ring) and decided to have a similar setting done elsewhere...and save some money. The questions now is...should I see the finished product or should I allow him to pick it up so that I can still be a bit surprised when he proposes? Considering we picked the diamond and setting together, at least I know what to expect. However, I''m worried that by not seeing the finished product before he actually proposes, I will be unable to see the little details that I''m really picky & worried about. What do you think? Am I just being silly?

I feel like I ruined the entire "magic" of a surprise proposal by getting so involved...so I''m thinking that maybe I should let it be at least a little bit of a surprise from this point on. Agree or disagree?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d let it be a surprise.
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 5:39:29 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I''d let it be a surprise.
2.gif

ditto!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 5:35:45 PM
Author:MsPicky
Hello Everyone! I''m posting this question to get some opinions because I know everyone here gives some great advice. I''ve been lurking for a while, have looked at all the amazing rings, have learned a lot and I am soon to be engaged. My boyfriend and I just recently bought a diamond on 47 th St., picked out a setting that he and I really liked. The ring is now being made and should be finished within a week or two. Originally he was going to propose with a Tiffany''s ring. He took me to see it, tried it on & even bought it. Later thinking about how expensive their prices really are, considering for a budget of $10,000 we weren''t even able to get a 1ct ring...we decided to return it (although he didn''t want to...it was a beautfiul ring) and decided to have a similar setting done elsewhere...and save some money. The questions now is...should I see the finished product or should I allow him to pick it up so that I can still be a bit surprised when he proposes? Considering we picked the diamond and setting together, at least I know what to expect. However, I''m worried that by not seeing the finished product before he actually proposes, I will be unable to see the little details that I''m really picky & worried about. What do you think? Am I just being silly?

I feel like I ruined the entire ''magic'' of a surprise proposal by getting so involved...so I''m thinking that maybe I should let it be at least a little bit of a surprise from this point on. Agree or disagree?
I am having the *exact* same dilema!! My husband knows that I want him to give me the ring that I''ve had pretty much 100% input in and I''d much rather he have it and surprise me with the *reality* of it in the end.... and I''m not foreseeing any issues, but if there is something I would *hate* to have it come up after he gave it to me.... ugh!!! I''ve got nothing to contribute... and I''ve got some time before it is an issue.... I''m sure I''ll be seeing plenty of pics etc so I''ll probably just let him surprise me with the reality of it.... but it''s tough!!! Good luck!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I say surprise! You know you love the stone and the setting so even IF there''s a minor issue, you can get it fixed later...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell your FI to keep the receipt and let it be a surprise. You can always deal with a return/exchange after the proposal! At this point, just step back, relax, and enjoy the suspense!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It will be more fun and more romantic if you let him surprise you with it.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I vote surprise.
emsmile.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I vote surprise too!

If you''ve picked out the diamond and setting together, you''ve had a lot of input and a good idea of what you will be getting. There are only small things that could go wrong from this point on. I say take the chance, it''s worth it for the surprise proposal and the lifetime memory that will be. Do suggest he keep all receipts and propose within the return period
2.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I say surprise. That way, you can experience the fun in some small way. Better than nothing, right?

doobao

Shiny_Rock
Knowing how picky I am, my bf only bought the diamond that he knew I''d like, and the ring is being custom made.

What we''ve decided was to make the ring as perfect as I want it to be by ME actually being the one to contact the associates and make changes that I believe is necessary.

Then when the process is 100% completed, they will ship the ring to him, and he will plan a surprise and formal proposal.
This works for me so I can get the ring of my dream and still being surprised.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results