shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
wow, I've gone from just thinking "that girls nuts" to really thinking "this girl needs HELP." Something is not right there, it appears as if she's desperate to prove something, although I'm not sure what it is. I really hope for her sake, and that of her kids, that she gets help. And figures out what she will do in the future. I don't know how she'd ever make a comeback after all the things she's been doing.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 1:22:00 AM
Author: MiniMouse
Hubby mentioned this morning that hair gives vital information about previous drug abuse (even from way back). Seems like evidence is erradicated if you cut your hair off. Maybe she didn''t want the rehab center to know the truth.
It''s the root of the hair, the follicle, that can be tested for drugs, so unless she pulled her hairs out one by one to remove all follicles this can''t be the case.

I usually don''t feel huge amounts of sympathy for Britney and her cronies, as I find them mostly to be quite lacking in talent and worth, but this girl has gone so far over the edge that I actually feel pity for her. But not nearly as much as I do her children.

I read an article about this last night. She went to a hairdresser in Tarazana after they were closed and knocked on the door. The owner recognized her and let her in. She asked them to shave her head "a la Sinead" and the owner and her husband said "no." So she picked up a razor and started to do so herself. When she finished the owner cleaned her head up and sent her on her way. According to the salon owner she was very calm until she said something about her mom seeing it, then she got teary.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Her "look" is her trademark--the one that Pepsi, her perfume, her clothes, etc, all of her ventures are based on-and she''s just erased it. I mean, like, "poof." I guess she can do extensions after an inch or so grows, but even that takes a couple of months. Next, she''ll probably tattoo her scalp?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
She will have to wear wigs I guess. She is really round the bend. I feel bad for the kids, and she is making KFed look normal, scary thought!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, just read that her family is very upset:

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/40100931

"While there has been no official word from Spears'' camp on her recent antics, a source tells Malkin that Spears'' mother is distraught over the singer''s behavior and the family is "in major intervention mode. Her mom is constantly crying. Her family is freaking out."

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think she is having a mental breakdown. I hope she gets help PDQ. I know her mom must be torn up right now. And who is watching her babies???? It''s soooooo disturbing. Like watching a train wreck. I do know you can lead a horse to water, etc.... But still. Ughhh

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, it''s like she''s having a mid-life crisis, early....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Making it TO mid life would be an accomplishment for her! Someone needs to grab her and help her NOW.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I hope she stays "checked in" for more than a day!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 5:21:07 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
I hope she stays ''checked in'' for more than a day!
I have a feeling she may, simply because after her last 24 hour stint, things only got worse. Hopefully, that was enough of a wake up call...

But, only time will tell.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I heard her mom was watching the babies? I mean yikes...both parents are unfit at this point!

She is seriously fragmenting...she needs to get it together!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I just read that the papparazzi are all over her facility trying to get pictures. You know, there is a point where they just go too far. Good grief.

I''m glad she''s in rehab. Maybe she''ll figure out what to do while she''s there.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
38.gif

What a shame.
It''s like watching an impending train wreck in slow motion.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, just wow.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
It''s scary, isn''t it, how you can''t do anything for loved ones over the age of 18 other than wait for them to "hit bottom"? It must be so incredibly hard for her parents. But as far as I know, the only to get her to stay in rehab would be for it to be court-ordered, right? And that will only happen if she breaks the law, right?

I think more than rehab, the girl needs psychiatric help. I don''t think there''s a judge out there who is familiar with this case that could honestly say that this girl does not need to be court-ordered into psychiatric treatment!

(I know nothing about the law, so this is just my lame attempt at guessing how it works!)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2007 1:31:03 PM
Author: ellaila
It''s scary, isn''t it, how you can''t do anything for loved ones over the age of 18 other than wait for them to ''hit bottom''? It must be so incredibly hard for her parents. But as far as I know, the only to get her to stay in rehab would be for it to be court-ordered, right? And that will only happen if she breaks the law, right?

I think more than rehab, the girl needs psychiatric help. I don''t think there''s a judge out there who is familiar with this case that could honestly say that this girl does not need to be court-ordered into psychiatric treatment!

(I know nothing about the law, so this is just my lame attempt at guessing how it works!)
I''m not sure she has to break the law...I thought family or whomever just had to prove that this type of drastic help is needed, but I could be wrong. I''m not real familiar with this type of thing.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I posted the other day I thought this was postpartum psychosis. I also think it might be bipolar disorder and she is in a very manic phase right now.

She is obviously out of control and sick. Its very sad.

I remember a few years ago after losing someone very close to me to suicide being really offended at Brittany. I was at the gym and they had music videos on. She had a video where she pretends to commit suicide in a bathtub. She is running away from paparatzi and then slits her wrists in the tub and it shows her drowing. Then at the end she pops up smiling after they show her "suicide" I had JUST lost someone close to me by suicide and thought that was beyond tacky and offensive. NOW I Think it may have been a glimpse into her future. I would not be the slightest bit suprised if the next news we hear of Britney is she kills herself.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2007 1:41:55 PM
Author: Ellen

It's scary, isn't it, how you can't do anything for loved ones over the age of 18 other than wait for them to 'hit bottom'? It must be so incredibly hard for her parents. But as far as I know, the only to get her to stay in rehab would be for it to be court-ordered, right? And that will only happen if she breaks the law, right?

I think more than rehab, the girl needs psychiatric help. I don't think there's a judge out there who is familiar with this case that could honestly say that this girl does not need to be court-ordered into psychiatric treatment!

I'm not sure she has to break the law...I thought family or whomever just had to prove that this type of drastic help is needed, but I could be wrong. I'm not real familiar with this type of thing.
Jeez, well if that's the case, then HELLLLLOOO SPEARS FAMILY!!! Get on with it!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Most states its just a 3 day hold. We had to commit a family member for severe depression and fear she would harm herself. We went before a judge, proved our case and she was committed. ONly to check herself out after 3 days. So I guess it depends on the state? That family member ended up killing herself and it was tragic. But we did the best we could. If someone is over legal age, there is very very little other family members can do.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
It's scary, isn't it, how you can't do anything for loved ones over the age of 18 other than wait for them to 'hit bottom'? It must be so incredibly hard for her parents. But as far as I know, the only to get her to stay in rehab would be for it to be court-ordered, right? And that will only happen if she breaks the law, right?

I think more than rehab, the girl needs psychiatric help. I don't think there's a judge out there who is familiar with this case that could honestly say that this girl does not need to be court-ordered into psychiatric treatment!

In the state of CA, where she lives, the court can order a 72 hour mandatory psych eval, a person can opt to stay for a longer period, in a state psych hospital, but that is rare. The supreme court under Ronald Reagan (I'm not stating that Reagan is responsible for this, as he didn't appoint all of the members, obviously, and I believe it the SC was had a democratic majority at the time, I was just stating this to provide a time frame) totally revamped the laws in regards to this. People cannot be forced to take medications and cannot be held against their will. Many state run mental institutions have been shut down as a result.

Someone I know, who is is a real danger to himself and others, has been commited at least 4 times in the last 3 years and released every time after the 72 hour period is up. It is very scary and sad for both him and his family as he continues to refuse to take his prescription drugs and is self medicating with street drugs (he is a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic). He has threatened the lives of his mother and his brother and has been black balled from the system due to his bad behavior and is currently living in shelters and on the street. It's a nasty cycle, whichever way you look at it.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, gosh. Can''t handle rehab? I''m thinking post partum problems, too. I don''t know, but it doesn''t seem to me that alcohol and drugs are her main problems. I think she has serious psychiatric problems and the partying is just a symptom of that. Drugs and alcohol didn''t make her show up in public without underwear, and no one said she seemed drunk or stoned at the hair salon where she shaved her head. If she''d been drunk, the tatoo probably wouldn''t have been so painful. I think she is suffering terribly. Poor thing.

I hope her little sister learns from all this and doesn''t end up the same way. I hope her mom is taking care of the babies and Britney is not alone with them at all. I don''t think they should be left alone in her care for a minute. I really do see something very tragic happening if she refuses help.
7.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Oh I agree. I think the drugs and alcohol are self medicating. I think its a mental instability of some sort.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly I hope her mother doesn''t take care of the kids--she''s already messed Britney up bad enough. Last I read, Kevin had cancelled whatever plans he had as far as work to come and take care of the kids. They were granted joint custody of both boys in January.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2007 3:01:59 PM
Author: monarch64
Honestly I hope her mother doesn''t take care of the kids--she''s already messed Britney up bad enough. Last I read, Kevin had cancelled whatever plans he had as far as work to come and take care of the kids. They were granted joint custody of both boys in January.
That''s what I heard too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well she's out again. Checked out a day after she checked in. This time she was at the Promise Rehab facility. She wasn't there long, and tried to get a tatoo after leaving but the tatoo parlor was closed. OMG!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Didn''t they have a manny at one point? Maybe he got fired?

Anyway, it''s scary that FedEx taking care of the kids is the better option!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I''m sure they have nannies. They were travelling all the time when they were still married.

It is very sad, but there is really nothing her mother can do. Brittany has too much money and it may kill her.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I just read that he wants a custody hearing ASAP. A month ago or whenever they split I had heard he was filing for custody of the kids and I thought, "Wow, that guy really has a lot of gall. He''s really trying to hang on to those purse strings." Now, I''m thinking he had an idea she was losing it, and I''m respecting him a lot that he hasn''t gone to the media (yet! I hope he doesn''t) to make money off the story.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results