shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think of this stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
The medium blue fluor will probably help the color a little as long as there are no visual effects from it . . . call and ask them, they will tell you the truth . . . we just bought one with strong blue fluor and it is gorgeous, so don''t be scared away by the fluor.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, just ask them, they would be honest b/c they have a reputation to uphold, and also b/c they would not want to send a stone to you only to have it returned. I think the fluoro would likely only help it - it is usually only strong or very strong that presents a problem (IF it actually even presents a problem which is pretty rare). You can also ask them how strong of an I it is - leaning towards a J or an H or a solid I. Color definitely shows more in larger stones, but again the fluoro may help it!
36.gif

ETA: Lien, if I recall correctly, don't you already have a bit larger stone in an F? Is this for a replacement?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your replies, Hikerchick and :). I have asked them and they say there is no negative impact. I have also done a search on "fluorescence" and found that most people seem to like it. I am still a teeny weeny bit concerned as I''ve never seen a larger (for me 3 carat is larger) stone with medium fluor. Also, I wonder if it really does have slight blue tint in the sun like some people seem to suggest that theirs have. If that''s the case, that''d be really cool.
2.gif

As for the colour I, I will ask them where it sits on the scale, I do not want a borderline I/J, but a solid I, or border line H/I if possible.

:) , you''re right, i bought an F VS2 3.02 carat stone but am returning it since the F is more like a G and I think it is not that well cut either. Why pay all that money when you don''t even get the colour and not the best cut? From what I''ve read here on P/S, WF has such an excellent reputation and I want to try out a lower priced stone with the possibility of upgrading it in the future. Who knows, maybe because of their cut, this I stone will be such a beauty that I wouldn''t even bother with a higher colour. Perhaps I can upgrade to a larger stone, say a 4 carat or something!
3.gif
(I am a bit of a size whore, he he! ).

From those of you who own an H/I diamond, can you see any tint at all? Are you completely happy with it? Did anyone of you previously own a higher colour stone and are now still happy with your lower colour stone(s) (I''d previously never thought I''d consider anything less than a G, but my diamonds I own thus far are not ideal cut, and after reading many postings here, I think the cut should help)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, do you think it will be a beautiful stone? Would I love it? is the ACA really more superior?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
My recently purchased diamond is a 1.24ct, H color, with strong blue fluor. It is from WF''s ES collection but I was told it just missed the cut off for the ACA . . . I was very worried about the strong blue fluor but as it turned out my BF and I saw nothing in it that was anything but gorgeous and sparkly. I think medium blue is the safest way to get a discount, help the color and still get everything else. The ACA are WF''s best diamonds, you won''t be disappointed. They are so easy to work with as well.

I think it looks like it will be AMAZING !!!! I also think it will face up whiter and brighter than a less well cut H . . . let us know what you decide and how it looks if you decide to get it.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is only 1.51 carat, but face up it is very bright and white. From the side, on occassion and depending on the lighting conditions, I can detect a slight hint of warmth.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
There will be a touch of warmth to the stone. However, it''s a *gorgeous* stone and the flour will help in certain lighting conditions. I would definitely consider this stone because most of the time the amazing sparkle from this stone will distract anyone from the slight warmth. Face up will be better than from the side and you might want to think about this when setting the stone. Typically people don''t view or enjoy the stone from the side, but if the warmth bothers you, then you might want to consider a setting that is less open on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results