shape
carat
color
clarity

what do you think of this motif for fall?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
i have been looking for a pattern (fabric, scrapbook paper, wallpaper, anything!) to inspire my wedding colors. well this is my favorite so far and im thinking of running with it. it is actually a fabric shower curtain i found for very cheap -- they are discontinued so i have been driving all over town trying to buy them up before they are gone! : )

i would only really use this as a jumping off point and for colors. the pattern would only be used in full very sparingly. perhaps on the guest book table or on the table with the favors or something?

i really love the pattern. i think it goes with the fun, dressy-casual wedding we are wanting. we are having our ceremony and reception at a 1920''s mansion with a HUGE backyard (the ceremony and reception will be outside - just cocktails inside and maybe cake cutting).

however, my questions are:
- do you think this is too young/cutesy/trendy? i am young - 22 (23 by wedding time) - and i don''t want to have a wedding that makes us seem older, wiser and more elegant than we are. i like that we are youthful and fun and bright - but do you think it''s just too little girl for a wedding?
- do you think its too bright or summery for a fall wedding?? we are getting married smack in the middle of October. i think the colors would be mainly navy blue and choc. brown (to be more fall-like) with the teal and kiwi green just coming in as accents.
- finally, do you think this would limit flower choices too much? there aren''t really many navy blue, brown or teal flowers. i think we would have to go with white and green for the flower department right?

any other thoughts/opinions??

in the picture the fabric is on the right, the colors to be used are in stripes along the bottom and two quick examples of how the pattern could come into play in parts and pieces shown on a program and invite.

fabricloadps.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly I DO think it is trendy BUT if you love it I would go for it. As for colors I would talk to a florist. You would be surprised all the colors that are out there. Also don''t worry about needing to have fall colors for a fall wedding. I had black BM dresses in August. I am sure many people would say pastel is better for summer but hey, I think it is more important to make choices YOU love.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I think the colors and style are fun, but the colors do seem a bit 'cool' rather than the warmth in color typically associated with Fall... but really, so what... if you love it, go with what you love!

I think it could look Fall-ish given enough brown/navy in the decor... especially with being outdoors there might be natural browns? If in the evening some candlelight could add warmth and you could even have them in bronze lanterns or whatever hanging around.

Blue, green, white and brown decor that is totally working, imo. Looks fun, casual, and could work for fall in an atypical way.

Blues and greens with hard to find dk. blue/navy and a splash of warmth
Close-up of flowers
Even doing it minus the red/orange and just greens and blues with some teal ribbon might work.

You might be able to find ribbon and linens that are navy with a teal iridescence. Or maybe use individual colored ribbon and linens on the tables to match your color scheme with your patterned material in very select places.

The blue and green flowers would look awesome wither either a navy background or brown and then a small amount of teal.

You could also get votives with the teal and green candles.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the colors...the design is more modern than classic, but if you love it and can stand to look at it for many years to come by all means go for it. I really like the color palette and you can do a lot with those colors and BM''s dresses and tuxes as well as centerpieces and obviously invites!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
OMG I love it!! Do you know if they have that pattern in pink and chocolate (those are my colors)? haha. just kidding.

Seriously though, I love it. I think it would be fine for Oct. There aren''t really any hard and fast rules for matching your season, but I don''t think this color scheme style DOESN''T match. Love the navy chocolate color combo idea too.

It definitly has a younger more trendier feel that''s for sure. But I dont'' think it''s too much. Having the teal and kiwi as accents are a great idea. Like some ribbons or votives would definitnly make your navy chocolate scheme pop.

In terms of flowers, definitly flind a florist, I think you will be surprised as what there is to offer. But also, I think you could go with PINK or white flowers with a lot of greenery in the bouquet like moss. I don''t think it has to match your colors exactly. you can always have kiwi or teal ribbons tying it together. :)

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for all your comments!

sera- a BIG thank your for the photo links!! i LOVE this one! it''s the right colors and fall-ish! and i love, love the idea of doing groupings of all one type of flower! bravo! this one is getting forwarded to the florist!

flower center pieces122.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
YW! I came across that photo on The Knot and really loved it.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it! I think if you could focus on the deep brown and navy with the lime green as accent, it would be lovely in October. I''m picturing hand-tied bouquets with some lime green fabric wrapped around the stems?

I''m having an October wedding as well - my colors are deep peacock blue (just ordering the Bridesmaids dresses now in "Liberty Blue"!) and cabernet red, with some gold accents.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results