shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone!

I went wedding dress shopping this weekend! Man it was tiring! I found two dresses that I liked but one of them had things about it that I would have liked to change so I veto-ed it. The dress below was by far my favorite (Casablanca 1900). It has just the look that I was going for, vintage with lace. I was planning on wearing a birdcage veil with my dress and my mother mentioned that it may not go well with this dress. What do you all think? Would it be too much?

I think I''m going to go try on a few more dresses. I loved this one but am worried because everyone I''ve talked to says that "you''ll just know when you find the one" and while I really like the dress, it wasn''t as if trumpets sounded when I put it on or anything. haha!

I''d love to get your opinions on the dress. I was envisioning something the hugged my curves a bit more but this style was a pleasant surprise on. Very romantic looking.

Opinions are appreciated!

64_blurred.JPG

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock

77_blurred.JPG

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock

78_blurred.JPG

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
last one... thanks everyone!

80_blurred.JPG

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s beautiful! Not sure if a birdcage veil would go, but you could always try it out!

I didn''t have an "OMG THIS IS THEEEEE ONE!!!!!!!" moment with my dress either, but I liked it and thought it was pretty and fit well with our venue. After trying on SO many dresses, honestly I was just kinda sick of it and picked the dress I liked the best. I definitely don''t think everyone has that "OMG" moment.

But I do think the dress is lovely on you!

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Pearl! I''m glad to know that not everyone has a "this is it" moment with their dress. I still have plenty of time to choose so I think I may wait a bit and try on a few more. I do love this one....but I have to say the idea of not wearing a birdcage veil makes me kind-of sad. I would have to find something to make my look a little more "funky". Maybe I''d put some peacock feathers in my hair or something.

I understand why you would get sick of trying on dresses after a while. This was my first trip out and after about 10 dresses I was spent!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Whoa. I think that dress is beautiful!!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
i really like the dress on you. DOn''t worry about the OMG moment....I"m halfway through the dress selection process and haven''t had a single moment and I know that I won''t...its not my personalty. I''m going to try on a few more dresses, sleep on it and then go back and pick the most flattering.

Also, I think your mom is right...that isn''t a birdcage dress. Bidcages go more with more sleek and simple gowns IMHO.

Good luck!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I wouldn''t do a birdcage with it either. Now peacock feathers on the other hand...

Anyway, the dress is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Glad to hear that you all like it!
9.gif
I think I''ll continue shopping for a bit just to see if I can find a dress that I like as much that could possibly go with a birdcage veil. (I''m actually thinking of getting a cheepy birdcage veil just so I can see what it goes with. If not, I think I''ll go with the peacock feather idea. I love, love, love the dress but I think I''d like to add something a little more untraditional. Maybe something like this?

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22767518

or this

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_7&listing_id=22308193

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
ok for some reason those hyperlinks don''t work... you may have to copy and paste. And I thought I had gotten the hang of this posting stuff! haha

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Kayak...when did you get engaged?!? Congrats! I remember you were over in LIW with me.

I really like the dress! I would try on the more figure hugging styles you said you originally wanted to see how you feel in those. With my dress, I didn''t have the trumpets and Ah Ha moment that much either. I kind of did, but not like I thought it would be. I would keep looking and you always know you can come back to this one!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!! you''re right, it''s very romantic and ethereal...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think that dress is very pretty, but I agree with your mom - I don''t see a birdcage veil going well. To me, the dress is too flowy and romantic for a birdcage to look right with it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your dress! Very flowy and it looks great on you!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I like that first etsy link best too.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i think this dress looks beautiful i think that maybe a really soft sheer flowy veil might work really well with this dress...but what ever you choose i think the dress is beautiful

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the dress! I''m with everyone else on the birdcage veil though, the open netting used in most birdcage veils would be all wrong for this dress.

There is another throwbacks to the 50''s that might work very well with this dress -- a very short, fluffy veil (about shoulder length) would probably look great with this dress, and it would be funky because you just don''t see really short veils much these days. Ditto a veil that''s anchored at the nape of the neck...

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I love the dress and Freke''s idea of feathers. The dress is definitely a winner
1.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I agree - no birdcage. But I think the dress is gorgeous on you, shows off your teeny waist and lovely curves!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 4:32:19 AM
Author: Porridge
I agree - no birdcage. But I think the dress is gorgeous on you, shows off your teeny waist and lovely curves!

ditto. I think the dress is so pretty but I can''t see the bircage veil with it.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress! Casablanca has some lovely gowns.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
that dress is lovely!

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Wowee! Thanks for all your responses ladies! I really like the dress....but the more I think about it the more I''m hesitant. Maybe it''s because I''m not really happy with the way my body looks right now so it''s hard to really say yes to the dress (hey isn''t that a show? haha). My girlfriends saw the photos and loved the dress as well, but a few of them commented while they love the dress, it may be missing the flare that I''m looking for.... and I think they may have a point.

I''ll attach a few more of my favorite dresses. Although I loved them for different reasons there were things that I wanted to change about each one so I decided to move on with the dress search. BUT both of the dresses were more the style that I originally envisioned wearing for the wedding. I''d love to hear your opinions on what you like/don''t like about them!

Lately I''ve been really thinking of the Mori Lee 2215 dress and I feel like I wont be able to come to a conclusion on a dress until I try this one on to see if I like it as much in person as I do in the photos. In the photos it has the exact look that I was envisioning. I''m hoping to try it on in a few weeks to see if I like it.

Here is the Mori Lee dress incase you were wondering what it looks like:

morilee2215.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 6:26:25 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I think that dress is very pretty, but I agree with your mom - I don''t see a birdcage veil going well. To me, the dress is too flowy and romantic for a birdcage to look right with it.
DITTO.

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
This one is a Maggie Sottero. I really liked it but wasn''t crazy about the corset in the back with the attached ribbon. But it''s a beutiful dress on. If I could have changed the back into bottons instead of the corset this one could have been a winner.

weddingdressshopping_073.JPG

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
here is the back

weddingdressshopping_075.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 10:15:14 AM
Author: Kayakqueen83
Wowee! Thanks for all your responses ladies! I really like the dress....but the more I think about it the more I'm hesitant. Maybe it's because I'm not really happy with the way my body looks right now so it's hard to really say yes to the dress (hey isn't that a show? haha). My girlfriends saw the photos and loved the dress as well, but a few of them commented while they love the dress, it may be missing the flare that I'm looking for.... and I think they may have a point.

I'll attach a few more of my favorite dresses. Although I loved them for different reasons there were things that I wanted to change about each one so I decided to move on with the dress search. BUT both of the dresses were more the style that I originally envisioned wearing for the wedding. I'd love to hear your opinions on what you like/don't like about them!

Lately I've been really thinking of the Mori Lee 2215 dress and I feel like I wont be able to come to a conclusion on a dress until I try this one on to see if I like it as much in person as I do in the photos. In the photos it has the exact look that I was envisioning. I'm hoping to try it on in a few weeks to see if I like it.

Here is the Mori Lee dress incase you were wondering what it looks like:

I love the first dress, but I'm not 100% sold on it. I feel like the ribbon hits your waist in a way that accentuates your hips. I think a more stream-lined style could be very flattering and would carry over well if you change your shape between now and the wedding...

ETA: I really like the strapless maggie on you. It hits you in all the right spots and is fantastic with your figure (which is really nice BTW!).

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
I have no idea who the designer is on this dress but I LOOOOOOOOOOVE it! It just didn''t seem "wedding dress" enough to me. But I was so tempted to get it anyway and wear it to something else.... even just to wear it around the house! haha

weddingdressshopping_076.JPG

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
oops! I switched the photos on accident here is the back of the maggie!

weddingdressshopping_074.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results