shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this 1.02 ct?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenfeeley

Rough_Rock
http://www.whiteflash.com/acut/diamond_details.asp?ItemCode=403007

Looking for some feedback from any of you experienced and/or expert folks. I actually saw this diamond at a store about a week ago. Looked very very nice to me. Compared it to others and the color stood out nicely.

Significantly lower price on the web site. With the savings I could probably go for higher quality and/or larger stone? Only hangup is that I really like a setting at the store and haven''t seen it anywhere else.

Thanks for any advice.

Ken

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ken,

Are you sure that the dimensions of the stone will fit into the setting perfectly? If the answer is yes, then why don't you purchse the setting, then ship it to the vendor that you choose for the stone. The diamond vendor should be more than happy to set it for you.
10.gif

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
I think that's a good idea, but the point about the dimensions is critical. As a rectangular radiant, you want to make sure the actual setting is scaled appropriately to your diamond. This is the reason I am having a ring custom made. Hey, if the savings allow you to go for bigger/better with your budget even better. Can you describe the setting you have your eye on, maybe someone can help you find it elsewhere.

kenfeeley

Rough_Rock
I was told that the head of the setting would definitely have to be altered for the radiant stone. I'm sure I can't do justice to the setting in trying to describe it. It has an anique/deco look to it (that's what she likes). Wht Gld, on the sides has these arches that contain little princess cut diamonds. More princess outside of these "arches." In total, .67 ct worth in 20 total princess diamonds. There was some sort of identifying number on the tag but I haven't been able to trace it to anything on the net. Probably just cross-references to something at their shop, no?

If anyone knows good sites to find antique-looking settings, repros, deco, etc I would appreciate some ideas. It has been very difficult to find settings that will do. Plan B is to just get the stone and then take her out to find the setting, but I'd still like to do it all if I can find the right thing!

Ken

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Hi again. It's a round brilliant world.
nono.gif

Anyway, here's a site that carries many ring styles: www.solomonbrothers.com

They are not a sponsoring vendor of pricescope but they have a huge selection on-line. Great for browsing and finding something you like. You may also want to try checking out the sites of the vendors listed here, click the vendors tab above.

20 princess diamonds flanking a 1 ct radiant. WOW! The princess are only about 0.03ct each then?

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
Someone mentioned this in a thread I saw a few days ago - it's a long shot, but it might work...

Ask the jeweler if they have a catalog of other ring designs by this manufacturer - that you would be very interested in something similar to the one they have in their store.

If it's a chain you might be out of luck - but it's worth a try!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results