shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of these shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so I''m on my 5th pair of shoes from Zappos. It''s almost become a hobby, buying and returning.

So far these are the top contender. http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7301064/c/91539.html

Thing is, I don''t like the cotton canvas floof on the top - makes it too casual. But the price is right compared to some others I looked at, and I like the retro-ness. They are exactly the right heel height, and fairly comfortable.

I think I could replace the cotton floof with something more dressy - a tulle floof or a shoe clip or something. What do you think?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you checked out David's Bridal? They have a number of shoes with similar styling without the "poufs". AND they'll dye them any color you want. Mine are hot pink.
2.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
For reference, my dress:

jh8663laowls.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i think i bought oh, 20 pairs of shoes before finding a comfy pair for the wedding! ha. i love zappos.
oh, a shoe clip would be cute.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Those are super cute! And your dress is just dreamy!

I''m looking for some hot pink heels to go with my bridesmaids'' black cocktail dresses. Any idea of where I can find some awesome shoes for them (and potentially myself...ha) I''m thinking about buying the girls'' shoes as a bridesmaid gift, so I''m looking for some totally awesome shoes for them....any ideas?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re cute.

I had to give a ''BOO'' to David''s Bridal for shoes though....love them for dresses, got mine there, but their shoes are crappy. Bad quality, not inexpensive ($50 for a freakin pair of rhinestone flipflops that were improperly glued...and didn''t take the apple red dye evenly...and the dye bled on my feet during the course of the day....yuck).

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
very cute!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I kind of love them
1.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous gorgeous dress! I don''t think the shoes go with it though- they''re just a bit much, something simpler maybe... What colour is the sash?

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I agree, something simpler. You have a lot going on at the bottom of the dress already. Those Jimmy Choos were yummy!!!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, those Jimmy Choos ARE gorgeous, but 4x the budget, and I doubt I could walk in them anyway. I need an ankle strap and a somewhat chunky heel since the ceremony has a grass and (fine) gravel path, which is quite long.

My mom thinks she could remove the floofs and sew on some seed pearls/crystals. What do you think of that idea?

Jossyw

Rough_Rock
I wore these in white with my lace dress on the 18th for my wedding and they were great! The reception was on grass so I needed shoes that would not sink into the ground.

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your dress! When I had a dress with lace at the bottom, I tried on different shoes with it..anything with any kind of beading or sparkly things kept getting caught in the lace...which annoyed me and made me worry about ruining the bottom!! Not sure if the lining in yours would help (mine was all lace), but something to keep in mind!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Love the dress. Lukewarm about the shoes.

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Indie- LOVE
30.gif
the dress, kinda blah on the shoes. But I did love the wedges that Stephanie posted.

On another note- WHERE on earth did you get that gorgeous dress??? It''s divine!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Darn. I was really optimistic about these
8.gif

It doesn''t help that I''m super picky, but someone must make a shoe for me! I want a nice chunky heel, non-wedge heel greater than 3", with an ankle strap, in some form of ivory or gold. Preferably a peep toe or closed toe, but not pointy.

I don''t want bridal shoes. I don''t want dyeable white satin. I don''t really want satin at all. I don''t want to spend a ton of $$, but I''m getting to the point that I would. If they even made what I want. Which they don''t.

I swear, finding shoes is 100x harder than finding my dress (Jim Hjelm 8663, for whoever asked!) I''m starting to feel like some of the ladies who spend years looking for a ring setting, only worse!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, basil, you just described one of my fav pairs of shoes. Let me see if I can find them anywhere online....

Ok, this isn't them, but they're similar. http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/19538830/c/12775.html Mine are bronze colored Bandolino's and I think the style name is Doria. I would suggesting checking out Bandolino in general because they seem to have a lot of shoes in this general style - thick but not clunky heel, ankle strap, and peep toes. I find mine are really comfy, too - I wear them for our ballroom dance lessons and our teacher asked me if they were actually dance shoes given their styling and fit.

ETA: Zappos says they're 2 3/4" heels, but the Bandolino site puts them at 3 1/2"....believe who you want to ;-)

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock

shigidigi

Shiny_Rock
Ladyciel I love these shoes!! Basil, I bet they would be really comfy! Or you can have dance shoes made to your specifications but with a street sole for about $100. There is even a store out here in San Fran that will custom make dance shoes for $60. Let me know if you''re interested and I''ll hunt down the info!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results