shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of People's SMA

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sexiest man alive 2015 is David Beckham.

I say boo.
Is he sexy, I mean, sure. But I always say it as the sexiest, moat relevant man of 2015. The guy who's had a breakout year.

I mean shoot, David Beckham, imma let you finish, but Chris Pratt had the sexiest 2015 of all time!

jurassic-world-chris-pratt.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Patrick Stewart for me. And Johnny Depp. B/c they're beautiful on the inside too. And i'll be damned if they both don't have voices that give me chills.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1448330415|3953371 said:
Patrick Stewart for me. And Johnny Depp. B/c they're beautiful on the inside too. And i'll be damned if they both don't have voices that give me chills.

Did they have a big 2015?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lickout:

screenshot_2015-11-23-20-59-59-1.png

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Niel|1448330510|3953374 said:
packrat|1448330415|3953371 said:

Did they have a big 2015?

No clue-I don't follow anything/anyone. I see PS's speak about domestic violence, and JD go to hospitals as CJS to visit kids w/cancer. I feel they're more than just genetically gifted in the looks department. As hot as they are and as open for a roll in the hay as I might've been were we all single-I'd be just as interested, more even, in talking w/them and getting to know them as people. That will always be sexy to me, no matter if they have a hit movie.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I think for superficial- ness (i just created a word for webster dictionary to consider, they included an laughing emoji as the word of the year... anyways), yes he (chris pratt) is a guy that is easy on the eye. :naughty:

I think packrat has a more rounded approach and as we know : every one has a different criteria for sexiness. My SO thinks i am sexy and i aint, let me tell you! LOL.

I also believe that celebrities should be using their brand as a way of creating new opportunities for those that are not so lucky or donating time/ money to causes that see others in distress.... communities in Africa, homelessness etc... but that is another thread in itself.

So.... yes; i agree with your chris pratt assessment of easy on the eye....

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chris Pratt? Very charming. :)

My vote(s) go to another couple of Chris' though, Chris Helmsworth and Chris Pine. Hmmm...can't decide. Both then!

chris_helmsworth.jpg

chris-pine-1.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do I think of People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive thingie?

It is misnamed.

There are 7.2+ billion people on the planet, or around 3.6 billion men.
How many of those 3.6 billion are "famous" enough to western pop culture to turn the heads of women waiting in line at the supermarket and get them to buy a magazine?
Let's be very generous, and say 1,000.
That means 3,599,999,000 men (99.999997%) are not even eligible for People's cover! :roll:

Mathematically it is near-certainty that the sexiest man on the planet is not famous.

People Magazine should call it SFMAIWC.
Sexiest Famous Man Alive in Western Culture.
But then they'd sell fewer magazines cause People readers wouldn't feel so special.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Idris Elba all the way for me.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMO this is the sexiest man alive ... at least of whom I have seen a picture.
Again the mathematical odds of others being more sexy (to me) are astronomical.

Taste varies.
Which brings up the second reason I think People's SMA thingie is ridiculous ... As if the taste and preference of people do not vary. :roll:

sma.png

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If restricted to the famous, I'd have to say this guy ... though Omar Sharif is not very alive.

If it had to be a living famous man I'd have to do some 'research'. :lol:

screen_shot_2015-11-23_at_1.png

Q

Queenie60

My husband!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1448341358|3953448 said:
My husband!!!

Your hubby's famous enough to get on the cover of People mag? :o :appl:

Q

Queenie60

kenny|1448342266|3953453 said:
Queenie60|1448341358|3953448 said:
My husband!!!

Your hubby's famous enough to get on the cover of People mag? :o :appl:

Absolutely not!! But in my eyes - he's hot!!!!! :appl: ( I was joking, ha ha!!)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1448340015|3953433 said:
What do I think of People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive thingie?

It is misnamed.

There are 7.2+ billion people on the planet, or around 3.6 billion men.
How many of those 3.6 billion are "famous" enough to western pop culture to turn the heads of women waiting in line at the supermarket and get them to buy a magazine?
Let's be very generous, and say 1,000.
That means 3,599,999,000 men (99.999997%) are not even eligible for People's cover! :roll:

Mathematically it is near-certainty that the sexiest man on the planet is not famous.

People Magazine should call it SFMAIWC.
Sexiest Famous Man Alive in Western Culture.
But then they'd sell fewer magazines cause People readers wouldn't feel so special.

Well of course it's miss named. You're not blowing minds here, Kenny.

As I said, usually it's a famous actor or pop culture individual who's had a "really big year" or a "breakout year"

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1448336045|3953417 said:
Chris Pratt? Very charming. :)

My vote(s) go to another couple of Chris' though, Chris Helmsworth and Chris Pine. Hmmm...can't decide. Both then!

I do believe he was last years! Lol.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1448340130|3953434 said:
Idris Elba all the way for me.
Oohh I love him in Luther.

If he was to get James Bond I could see him somehow winning that.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I'd say that David Beckham is pretty darn perfect. I think what makes him "relevant" is his role as a devoted father & husband, which makes him even more sexy IMO.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1448371484|3953522 said:
I'd say that David Beckham is pretty darn perfect. I think what makes him "relevant" is his role as a devoted father & husband, which makes him even more sexy IMO.
He got really socially relevant this year because he is a good father? I disagree. One that's not really a pop culture phenomenon. And he's been that for years.

Sure like I said he's sexybu just don't think this was "his year"

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^ I didn't say that he got relevant (this year) because he's a good father - what I said was that I don't have an issue with People not naming Hollywood's latest "IT" guy as the SMA. I sort of like the fact that he's not the latest and greatest - he's just an incredibly sexy guy (who happens to be semi-retired) and he gets a fair amount of notoriety these days from being a devoted husband and father. I don't think that People's SMA necessarily has to be someone who's having a fabulous, in-your-face kind of year...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1448375092|3953533 said:
^ I didn't say that he got relevant (this year) because he's a good father - what I said was that I don't have an issue with People not naming Hollywood's latest "IT" guy as the SMA. I sort of like the fact that he's not the latest and greatest - he's just an incredibly sexy guy (who happens to be semi-retired) and he gets a fair amount of notoriety these days from being a devoted husband and father. I don't think that People's SMA necessarily has to be someone who's having a fabulous, in-your-face kind of year...

Ahhh. OK, as you said "what makes him "relevant" is his role as a devoted father & husband", that's how I read it.

I always felt like it was meant for people with a break out year, otherwise to Kenny's point, the field is too large

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote Chris Pratt, because I loved him in Parks and Rec and he killed it both in Guardians of the Galaxy and the Jurassic World flicks. I actually think he should have gotten it in 2014 (when Guardians came out) but I think they picked Chris Hemsworth or whatever. So now he is def. robbed.

Yes Beckham is easy on the eye but he hasn't done anything notable this past year as far as I know.

I think who is picked for this and most beautiful women, is really "who has the best publicist?"

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1448381633|3953573 said:
I vote Chris Pratt, because I loved him in Parks and Rec and he killed it both in Guardians of the Galaxy and the Jurassic World flicks. I actually think he should have gotten it in 2014 (when Guardians came out) but I think they picked Chris Hemsworth or whatever. So now he is def. robbed.

Yes Beckham is easy on the eye but he hasn't done anything notable this past year as far as I know.

I think who is picked for this and most beautiful women, is really "who has the best publicist?"

Totally.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As I get older, it gets a little weird thinking about SMA. I would choose older men. David Beckham is fine until he speaks. His voice kills me.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1448366238|3953504 said:
You're not blowing minds here, Kenny.

Aw Shucks!

The thread title is, "What do you think of People's SMA".
Instead of hoping to 'blow minds here' I answered the question in the title and explained my answer.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find humor and dorkyness sexy, so I have to say, Adam Scott, especially on Parks and Recreation hahahaha!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1448410174|3953762 said:
I find humor and dorkyness sexy, so I have to say, Adam Scott, especially on Parks and Recreation hahahaha!

He does such a great job in that show. And everything lol.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Even though he's too old for me to drool over, I agree with the Patrick Stewart nomination. He's just such a LOVELY man. And that to me counts more than looks.

But if we are talking purely looks. Chris Helmsworth as Thor.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh bloody hell I don't care if he's in his 70's, Patrick Stewart is gorgeous to me! :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1448416150|3953797 said:
Oh bloody hell I don't care if he's in his 70's, Patrick Stewart is gorgeous to me! :love:

He's got presence, he's got a damn sexy voice. I swear he has barely aged since Star Trek next gen. id probably fall asleep talking on the phone with him if we were dating bc hot damn he could say Big Mac with cheese and it'd be hot, and I'd probably have the best dreams too! Hahahaha :oops: :oops: :oops:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results