shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of my proposal idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vuster

Rough_Rock
I''m in the middle of renovating my house. The lounge room needs to be completely redone. I was thinking of not showing the finished room until it''s all done. My plan was to use a stencil and paint "WILL YOU MARRY ME" on one of the unpainted walls and hang up roses horizatally around the 4 walls making a rectangular shape. On the night that I will propose I will take her out to dinner as usual so she doesn''t suspect anything and when we get to my house I''ll let her open the door to the lounge room to see the "renovations".
Once she is in shock I would get on bended knees and ask her to marry me?

What do you reckon?

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
sounds like a cool idea to me. don't paint the words until the day of or day before, or you could paint them earlier, but cover the wall with the brown paper cover up material...should be no problem. it's cool to be in the house too, almost old-fashioned but not.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
you might want to make sure it's pretty easy to cover up the lettering with new paint... even if you decide you want it around, if it's not easy to cover I could see it hurting the resale value :razz:

I think it's a very cute and thoughtful idea, though
1.gif

vuster

Rough_Rock
thanks,

my gf does not live with me so it's easy to hide the painted words from her.
The words will be painted on a wall that I will have to paint over after the proposal.

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
um, how can you be sure she will let you paint over it after? If it were me, I would want the sentimental reminder. Maybe I'd hang a painting in front of it or something... but, I'd want to keep the proposal there forever.

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
Smashing idea with the painting to cover it. You could have one up when you bring her in...say it's something of a theme you were considering for the room. Oh wait, there's another option too...you're torn and she can help you decide the future of the room. You take the first painting down and there it is..."Will you marry me".

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
There are sooooo many different and fun ideas that people come up with to propose! This one is very sweet...she will LOVE it! Let us know how it goes. In fact, take a picture of the painted wall and post it for us to see!!!

Best of luck to you.
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results