shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about these stools in my kitchen?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Hi y''all,

I am new to this forum, usually on BWW, but I just bought a new house and I was thinking about these stools for my kitchen. I wanted to add a splash of colour, that wasn''t too over powering as its an open concept.

Stools:

stool;alkdfj.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I like them and I would really try to tie them in with some other accessory or in a window treatment or lighting. You have a gorgeous kitchen so a bit of color is just what it needs to give it that final wow.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I like the stools, but I'm not sure the red goes with the wood in your kitchen (which is gorgeous, by the way!).

ETA: I looked at the picture again, and it might work if you used window treatments or something to tie in the red with the other colors in the kitchen.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you would def need to tie them in with something in order to not 'clash' with the darker mahogany reds already present in your existing hardwood in the kitchen...that is a very brilliant candy apple red that will call attn.

i am such a neutral lover i would say if you wanted to do something other than 'wood' to do metal OR a cream leather would be beautiful in that kitchen, very classic.

but if you love those particular stools then tie it in with a wood blind with red fabric bindings or similar and some red accents (like porcelain or ceramic or vases etc) and it would probably be lovely.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second Mara''s suggestion for a cream colored stool.

Have you sat in these stools? Are they comfortable? A piece has to be beautiful to make it into my house, but it also must be extremely comfortable if I''m going to be sitting in it. Especially on a Sunday morning with a steaming cup of tea in my hand.
2.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I like them, but they need to be either ivory or tan. The red wouldn''t work well.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for sharing everyone!

The wood on the bottom of the stool is the same wood as the cabinets. The house is brand brand new, I don''t even get to move in until July 1, and that is why it is sooo empty! (The blinds aren''t even up yet
2.gif
)

It is a completely open living space (kitchen, living room, dining area). The couches in the living room are cream with dark wood on the bottom, everything is mostly different shades of brown, and cream so far. Therefore, I would like my accent colours to be red and robin egg blue, hence the red stools to tie in the accents from the living room.

Hard to explain but the walls are ivory with white crown moldings, dark brown and white mantle, with bamboo hard wood floors. The couches are cream and the art work above them Sid Dickens tiles (creams, browns, robin egg blue, reds,) and the throw pillows on the couches will incorporate those colours with different patterns and textures. In order to tie in the colours to the kitchen the stools seemed like a perfect splash of red.

I am recovering the seats to my kitchen table too, which will have hints of those colours.

I will attach some pics of the rest of the space.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Outside of the house, Kitchen(again), Living Room, Master Bedroom

cvzfg.jpg
dfdsaf1.jpg
dfgf.jpg
afgadf.jpg

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Sorry you have to scroll to the side of the page to see all four pics, I forgot to hit return inbetween and it won''t allow me to edit.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh, I love that house.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love those stools!!!

Red would be a fabulous color to brighten up the kitchen! Reds can sometimes be tough-but should look really nice with your woodwork :)

If you are worried about the red, ask for a sample swatch to check it with your cabinets and counters.

You could accent with it and other autumnal colors and it would be fabu.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I love both the style/color & think they will look great! Nice home.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the wonderful compliments everyone.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure about how I feel about those stools in the kitchen, I'm more of a round stool type of girl. But I think it could be very cute, although I would try to incorporate some red elsewhere in the kitchen to kind of tie it all together.

What a beautiful house, though. I'm so jealous. I can't wait till SO and I get married and have a house. -Goes off to daydream-

Good luck with the decorating! It's lovely so far! I second the beige/cream stool idea!

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 5:46:37 PM
Author:dreaming of the day
Hi y'all,

I am new to this forum, usually on BWW, but I just bought a new house and I was thinking about these stools for my kitchen. I wanted to add a splash of colour, that wasn't too over powering as its an open concept.

Stools:
Hi dreaming, your kitchen is beautiful! The layout and open concept reminds me of my kitchen. The barstools you are thinking of are lovely but I think may be too bright. I would personally bring in the bright colors through accents. I chose black, wood, cross back counterstools for my kitchen. I think black would look fabulous in yours as well. You could do the leather stools in black but after trying out a couple of different styles I found that a more open back flows better with the open concept. Congratulations on your new house!

Here are the type of counterstools I have...

#1http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=900&f=24099

and

kitchen31976.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous house! I have to say, I still prefer cream colored stools. I think that would look best, and I agree with the others.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I also think a cream colour would go better than the red. I know you wanted to add colour though.... if you don''t want cream - I might try a very dark purple or green and see how that goes.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the red stools! But of course my kitchen has all red accents.
9.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I love your house!!! My current kitchen has the same colors as yours and I went with window treatments and rugs in red for that "pop" of color. I don't know if those stools would work. Feel free to post more pics of your gorgeous house!
3.gif
We're in the process of building a new house and I love inspiration!

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 12:47:53 PM
Author: Burk
I love your house!!! My current kitchen has the same colors as yours and I went with window treatments and rugs in red for that 'pop' of color. I don't know if those stools would work. Feel free to post more pics of your gorgeous house!
3.gif
We're in the process of building a new house and I love inspiration!
Here is a little collage of pics, not many more than you have already seen but perhaps a little inspiration! Thanks for the wonderful compliments.

some pics aldjfa.JPG

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
When we redecorated our home, I tried to pull in colors that I really liked, because once you put color in--it''s really hard to pull it out.

If you go with red, you have to remember, it''s going to be a power color...it''s going to evoke different feelings on psychological level...and you''ll find yourself starting with a simple bar stool and eventually find yourself on a crazy red binge with no end insight. You''ll want a cohesive kitchen, and red will be what you gravitate to, because it will be the most definable color in your palette.

Kitchen really do become the hub of the household. You''ll find yourself having your family meetings and social gatherings and just "hang out" time there...so you want to surround yourself in feel-good-vibes. Deep red, like the stools, brings out feelings of vigor, willpower, rage, anger, leadership, courage, longing, malice, and wrath. Be sure to consider these things when designing your home because thats going to be your haven...it''s so much more than just a color choice, it''s a lifestyle choice too.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 12:44:28 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I still like the red.. sorry.. I just DO. And.. I love your house and Penn''s house.. classic taste. I''m still option however, to be Penn''s 2nd Mom.. totally.. just so he can verse me in interior design and shopping, right honey?!
9.gif

Absolutely!

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Dreaming... I love your house. It is beautiful.

The stools are nice, but seem like they would be better suited for a modern kitchen. It is the red that is giving it the Modern / Contemporary edge.

I would go with a neutral color since you have a traditional look..

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so we changed the stools to an even better quality leather - still red but richer looking, and the couches to a chocolate brown. I will attach the photos below. we have friends that own furniture stores in our city, so we got an amazing deal on these (we could pick whatever we wanted) They coulnd''t get in the exact one''s we were looking at before (the cream ones were at a different store), but for a lesser price we got about five times the quality. wanted cream couches but I didn''t like the colour cream the new company offered, so that is why we changed to chocolate brown. With our house either works perfectly so it wasn''t a hard decision.

Sofa ( 91" each - we are getting two, plus a chair 57" and an Ottoman 28"

bravoafda.jpg

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
This is a picture of the matching dining chair, so use your imagination to create this into a counter stool with rich red leather and espresso wooden legs.

otisad.jpg

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE LOVE your new home!!! I actually love the idea of red as a kitchen accent color. I know colors do represent certain things but if you are not big on buying into that then go with the red! Red is my accent color in my kitchen and I think it brings life without it being a cheesy color, ya know? Congrats on your new home!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results