shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you remember before the "Will you marry me" part. I.E. What was your speech?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Professor

Rough_Rock
I have everything worked out for my proposal, but I have that short few minutes before the ring presentation and the "Will you marry me" that I really don''t know what to say. I really want it to be a surprise and a 5 minute speech is probably not the way to go IMO. With that in mind, what do you ladies remember from that moment in time? Any guys have any tips from when they did it?

Thanks!

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
Mines going to be like this...

This is my promise. A promise I have kept and will continue to do so. With all my heart, I love you. There is nothing that my love for you can be compared with. So I give you my Heart, Mind, Body and soul. This is my promise, This is my commitment (insert name here), Will you marry me?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do I remember? Well, DH didn''t say much except, "You know I love you, right? Well, will you marry me?" Yup, no bells or whistles nor rehearsed speeches. It just wouldn''t have been *him.* If you want to have a speech prepared, then go for it! If you want to wing it, you could do that too! As long as it''s from your heart, your girlfriend will be over the moon. And don''t do anything too uncharacteristic for you -- some guys are speech-givers, others are improvisers. Do what comes most easily and naturally for YOU!
1.gif
Don''t forget that this moment is for you, too.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH gave a rather lengthy speech (maybe it seemed lengthy to me because I was just dying for him to hurry up and ask), but I do remember him talking about how I was his best friend and that he wanted nothing more in life than to be with me forever. It was really sweet, and I remember the emotion behind the words as he was saying them more than the words themselves.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I hate to say it (embarassing, really
20.gif
) but I don''t remember most of what my husband said when he proposed! I know he said he loved me a lot and wanted to take care of me for the rest of my life, and asked me to marry him, but other than that...who knows?! I''m not sure if he remembers either.

Having said that, even if I don''t remember it, it was totally thrilling and a very special moment, and even now, it brings a smile to my face.
1.gif
As someone else said, as long as it comes from the heart, it''ll be the perfect moment!

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
When I asked him to marry me, I didn''t say anything, just handed him a photo album of us when the ring tied to the back.

We he asked me to marry him, he didn''t say anything, just sat the ring on the table and looked up at me.

I do know what I said when he sat the ring down in front of me though
28.gif
I said "are you serious? Are the s-ing me? This is for real?! Holy f!!"

Neither of us did a speech, asked any questions, or even said "yes". We both just put on our rings (the prospals were at two different time with me asking first) and smiled (and cursed in my case).

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
I know Strmrdr remembered what he said, cuz he said the exact same thing the second time he proposed
30.gif
Was just the right thing both times, cuz I said YES! twice - giggle
31.gif
21.gif

Wifey2b :}

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
LOL!

"My DH gave a rather lengthy speech (maybe it seemed lengthy to me because I was just dying for him to hurry up and ask)"

"We both just put on our rings (the prospals were at two different time with me asking first) and smiled (and cursed in my case)."

Awesome. I hope I have a story that makes me chuckle fondly for years afterwards.
36.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
How could I forget the ever-romantic, "Uhhh, here. I got this for you"?

9.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not really sure what you should say for a proposal. I can give you a suggestion of what NOT to say. The way my ex proposed was in his truck going down the highway. He says "Look in the glovebox". Period. I don''t think there ever was a question involved. Very unromantic.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
"open your eyes" ...pause.... waits for jaw to drop... "will you marry me?"

Pure and simple.
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Mine said "you dropped something a while back..." and when I said "huh?" he handed me a velvet box with a new pendant in it to match the one I''d lost a few months before. I grabbed it and said "oh oh oh...." and then he was on one knee and just said "will you marry me?" I screamed yes! and hugged him, and then he said "whew... I''ve been planning that for a YEAR!" There was no big speech... no verbal profession of love (until I said yes)... but it was still perfect because I could tell by the look in his eyes and the sound of his voice what his intent was and I didn''t need to hear anything else.

Some guys can pull off the long speech, but most can''t... it would have been completely unnatural for my FI and what he did was so perfect for us that I''m still thrilled about it!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
No speech for our proposal either... we were having a picnic in the park, and it started to rain. I was complaining, so he asked "but won''t you miss this when we move away from here?" and I responded sarcastically "oh yes, especially this moment." On cue, he asked "do you want to remember this moment forever?" and when I looked up, he was holding the ring... I yelled a few things like "Are you kidding me?? Seriously??" and sat there staring at the ring on my finger in awe until I pointed out that he''d never officially asked me. He responded, "I don''t think I have to..." which made me laugh... and that was the extent of the speech!
2.gif

DillPickle

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 12:22:39 AM
Author: ephemery1
but won''t you miss this when we move away from here?
oh yes, especially this moment.
do you want to remember this moment forever?

You just can''t write this kind of stuff... very nice.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My fiancé said something very beautiful before asking for my hand and I do remember it. Not every word of it, but I do remember him saying the most beautiful things to me about how much he loved me, how I made him happy and how I was the light of his life and he wanted me to light his way through the rest of his life and even through death.
30.gif

It''s been almost two months, and I still get teary just thinking about it!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn''t hear a word of it, a girl was screaming oh my God behind me as loud as she could. So, I didn''t answer, I just grinned...until a newspaper reporter asked me if I said yes.

Note: If you ask in a crowd of people, make sure you can be heard. I wish I could have heard what he said.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I picked out the ring together, but the diamond hadn''t been mounted so I wasn''t to get it until Tuesday. When we left the jeweler I said "are we engaged?" He told me no, he hadn''t asked yet. At dinner that evening he simply asked me if I''d marry him and I, of course, said yes. I''d already called my parents to tell them we''d selected a ring so it wasn''t a suprise to anyone. I think afterwards he said some mushy stuff to me, but I was already on cloud nine so none of it mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results