shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you ladies think of Palladium erings? I''m considering it for my ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
I don''t really know too much about the metal. I know that it is cheaper than Platinum, but doesn''t have to be rhodium plated like white gold. I might tell SO that this is a cheaper option to the Platinum that I had originally told him I wanted.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It also doesn''t weight as much as Platinum, and it is currently a little bit cheaper than white gold.

I think it''s fine for an engagement ring.

killerqueen17

Rough_Rock
I am considering palladium as well. I don't like how yellow gold looks on me, so that option is out, and I'm allergic to white gold (found that out after discovering I can't wear my own class ring!).

Platinum sounded good, but it's SO SO expensive!!

So palladium is looking more and more like the choice for me... the only problem is, I'm having a hard time finding jewelers that carry palladium!!
33.gif

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure about specific jewelers in your area that carry Palladium settings, but I have been looking at two designers who offer settings in Palladium.

Scott Kay
Art Carved

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
I''m considering Palladium as well... I know it''s lighter than platinum, but I actually prefer that. I like white metals, and the thought of having to re-plate white gold all the time doesn''t appeal to me. And the fact that it''s cheaper is very nice!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Scott Kay has BEAUTIFUL settings in palladium. a good friend of mine switched to Scott Kay because she was allergic to her ring
32.gif
. One of my favorite settings is in palladium as well.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a great option!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 12:26:03 AM
Author: FrekeChild
It also doesn''t weight as much as Platinum, and it is currently a little bit cheaper than white gold.

I think it''s fine for an engagement ring.
Ditto.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, I think the color is beautiful. I'm considering getting a plain 2mm palladium band to stack with my platinum ering/wband
1.gif

If I'm not mistaken, palladium is in the same family as platinum and they can safely be worn next to each other without having wear issues. I think they 'behave' similarly, also.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a good article: An Overview Of Common Alloys Used In Jewelry

Excerpt:
950 Palladium is similar to platinum alloys; 95% palladium alloyed with 5% ruthenium by weight. Like platinum alloys it only requires occasional repolish. However, it is not as white as more common Platinum/Iridium alloys and is priced similarly and not many people work in it.
It is, from what I understand, slightly darker grey than platinum. The color really appeals to me personally, but many people prefer a more "white" metal.

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 9:17:16 AM
Author: AllieGator
I''m considering Palladium as well... I know it''s lighter than platinum, but I actually prefer that. I like white metals, and the thought of having to re-plate white gold all the time doesn''t appeal to me. And the fact that it''s cheaper is very nice!
I really like the fact that it is lighter than Platinum. I think it would make it more comfortable to wear all the time.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 8:45:13 AM
Author: NCSUchick27
I''m not sure about specific jewelers in your area that carry Palladium settings, but I have been looking at two designers who offer settings in Palladium.

Scott Kay

Art Carved

yup and if I''m not mistaken Vatche now also offers their settings in Palladium..

killerqueen17

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 2:13:34 PM
Author: musey
Here''s a good article: An Overview Of Common Alloys Used In Jewelry

It is, from what I understand, slightly darker grey than platinum. The color really appeals to me personally, but many people prefer a more ''white'' metal.

I prefer the color of palladium as well. Platinum is pretty dang similar in color, but when they are side by side, I like that the palladium is a little darker.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I have an allergy to nickel (I think), and was weighing the options of palladium and platinum. I ended up getting platinum, only because there were no styles I liked with palladium. Palladium is considerably cheaper but I talked to a couple of jewelers that said it''s hard to find a jeweler who will repair it in case it needs work. You might want to ask about that, but I think it''s a viable option.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 1:39:44 AM
Author: killerqueen17
I am considering palladium as well. I don''t like how yellow gold looks on me, so that option is out, and I''m allergic to white gold (found that out after discovering I can''t wear my own class ring!).

Platinum sounded good, but it''s SO SO expensive!!

So palladium is looking more and more like the choice for me... the only problem is, I''m having a hard time finding jewelers that carry palladium!!
33.gif
You are probably allergic to the nickel alloy in white gold and not the actual gold. If you get a ring made, you can ask for palladium alloy in the gold so that you don''t have an allergic reaction.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I know Vatche will still do any of their settings in palladium, but Wink won''t work with the metal anymore. We''ve heard too many complaints about the metal as far as pitting, dark areas, and the metal is a nightmare to work with because it is very brittle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results