shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you have in your purse that other's might not have in theirs?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A stash of Bonine or the drugstore's generic equivalent: 25 mg. chewable tablets with meclazine as the active ingredient. Although I regained most of my hearing after being treated for Sudden Hearing Loss 13 years ago, I was left with tinnitus and a tendency to unexpectedly develop vertigo. Ingesting the tablets by the handfuls when I first feel the onset of a vertigo attack is usually enough to ward it off -- or least spare me such overpowering dizziness that I'm rendered inert, with unabated vomiting, that requires a trip to the ER for an IV infusion. Vertigo ain't pretty. :sick:

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
A loupe! You never know when it will come in handy!:appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bought this which will be coming everywhere with me now.

NO it’s not a sex toy, it’s to use on door handles and keypads :lol: It also comes with a little spray bottle for you to put anti bac liquid in to spray the foam pads inside that sanistise the parts that touch the handle or key pad.

480E85B5-7E9F-46D0-B560-06619A1B2B5C.jpeg C5498B8E-173E-4AC3-B8D9-87B746F31017.jpeg

I need this! I start back at work next week (school) & we he e keypad entry systems! I have been mulling over doing the keypad with a fresh wipe, but that would go through a lot of wipes. There is hand sanitiser on the insides of the doors, which I'll use anyway, but a dobber with a lid for the keypad would be great! Where did you get it from?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t been anywhere in a while, so I’d forgotten and had to dig it out and look. What joy! So many happy things! Back when I needed to go anywhere, I carried cool stuff!

My ‘show bag‘ which is a minimalist black leather crossbody meant to be hidden while at work and is truly featherweight, holds my cash, cc’s, passport, jewellery pouch, iphone, and keys.

I tuck that inside a massive green leather tote, which also holds my buttercup ostrich Filofax, stuffed to the gills as usual, luggage receipts, and all the membership cards and IDs you can imagine. It’s the second ostrich one for me - I got all guilt-ridden a few years ago and sold the first one, and then spent years longing for it, so I bought another one and the craving was satisfied! I’ll never get rid of this one. I learned my lesson. I designed a few Filofaxes in a contest for the company and actually won. Good times. Anyone else here have a Filofax addiction? I used to have dozens, but sold them all. Now it’s just this one.

A crocus yellow courcheval Hermes makeup clutch with Burts Bees powder compact and Caudalie ‘French kiss‘ lip balm. A fekkai lavender sachet. A broken Tiffany sterling heart locket keychain (yep broken AGAIN but there’s no reason to send it off for another repair). A silk carré, swimming goggles in plastic case, and N95 face mask, all 3 in a cotton drawstring bag. Binoculars, a knife, and taser-flashlight in a paper bag. Granola bar and altoids tin floating about, and where did these crumbs on the bottom come from? Sheesh.

I enjoy thinking about such silly things. Life is too serious now. Levity is sorely missed.

I use a filo fax! It's a black croc skin Mulberry that I have had for years & years. It sits on the kitchen bench, always open to the right week, and the family knows if it's not in mummy's diary, it doesn't happen!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Granted Austina's was not a toy but I thought there would be one person who would post that they need a tote because they carry around some massive pleasure device. You know so they are never without one in case the need arises.

Maybe that was Elaine's secret that contributed to her unique dancing!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keys to MY house and car?
:)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a purse, but I do have pockets.

Because of COVID I no longer carry cash, though I keep some in the car.

These days I've stopped carrying a wallet, and don't need a comb. ;))
In my pockets are just 2 cards, license and CC.
I have to carry my car fob, which I've made even smaller and lighter by removing its metal key insert thingie.
Blessedly, there is nothing else on me, unless glasses are in my shirt pocket or hanging from my collar.

I don't carry a phone; I leave it in the car.
My house key is all alone, not even on a keyring, and I leave it in my car so it's never in my pocket.

I just like to carry the least weight and bulk possible.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Back Scratcher, Ring sizing kit, WF H&A Viewer and two loupes. Measuring tape, two room sprays, tiny first aid kit, comb, gum, pills, too many pens, Bible verse cards to write little notes to ppl. Occassionally a pair of my earrings might get lost in there but are always in a hard plastic pouch. 2 Ipods and a blue tooth for phone.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back scratcher! That is brilliant @Vera W. I have one in the house but had no idea they made smaller ones for a purse.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back Scratcher, Ring sizing kit, WF H&A Viewer and two loupes. Measuring tape, two room sprays, tiny first aid kit, comb, gum, pills, too many pens, Bible verse cards to write little notes to ppl. Occassionally a pair of my earrings might get lost in there but are always in a hard plastic pouch. 2 Ipods and a blue tooth for phone.

Vera, I am so disappointed! I envisioned the bottom of your purse scattered with little ACAs much as my purse has radish seeds. : ) xx

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Small to medium size purse for everyday so I keep it light. Wallet with the basics including some cash. Phone. 2 epi pens. Magnetic sunglasses in the slip pocket. Car keys. Small make up bag that holds gum, chapstick, loupe, tiny tape measure, hand wipes, UV flashlight for checking Uranium glass but it also serves as a regular flashlight, lol.
The only unusual thing in my purse right now is a guitar pick from John Fogerty.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A stash of Bonine or the drugstore's generic equivalent: 25 mg. chewable tablets with meclazine as the active ingredient. Although I regained most of my hearing after being treated for Sudden Hearing Loss 13 years ago, I was left with tinnitus and a tendency to unexpectedly develop vertigo. Ingesting the tablets by the handfuls when I first feel the onset of a vertigo attack is usually enough to ward it off -- or least spare me such overpowering dizziness that I'm rendered inert, with unabated vomiting, that requires a trip to the ER for an IV infusion. Vertigo ain't pretty. :sick:

No, it isn't. My DH suffered with vertigo x 1 year. (long story). My heart goes out to you but am glad you found a long term solution.

Keep well--Sharon

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The bag is the oddity: it is half the size of a phone & of metal, two cards, cash & one naked key is all it can take; in winter, the bag goes under the coat, like a medieval pocket www [version not listed].

Last edited:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do I have that's unusual? Antibiotic ointment and 3 different kind of bandages. And yes, they've come in handy. It just reminds me of many years ago my lab partner expressed that she wanted to do the dissection. I had done all the cutting at this point. I said sure, and she promptly proceeded to slice open her finger. Scalpels are sharp. But I was prepared! I fixed her up and did all the dissections from then on and she was ok with it lol.

But maybe this isn't unusual for a former wound care nurse.

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Before smart phones I used to carry a mini calculator and a small compass .
I too carry a small tape measure ,small empty plastic bottle for use in bathroom , a pen & small yellow pad ,small pouch for jewelry , small sewing kit , mini wet hair brush , lipstick/chapstick , Extra strength tylenol , Ashma pumps , hand sanitizers & wipes , eye drops for red/irritated eyes , a book for reading in the car or in waiting rooms , sunglasses , suger free lozenges , portable/car phone charger , floss .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results