shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you have in your purse that other's might not have in theirs?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I generally do not carry a purse but when I do I only have my iPhone and a lip gloss so in that way I have nothing in my purse that is unique.

Though depending where we are going (pre -pandemic restaurant days to read the menu) I might add a mini magnifier that my DH gave me to read fine print. So that might be considered different.

Recently due to a poster here I bought pepper spray but have not yet taken it with me anywhere as I am always with my DH these days. But I have it in reserves just in case.

What do you have in yours though that might be unique?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mean handbag or tiny purse?

I carry pretty big handbags!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Usually about 5 different lipglosses/lipsticks. I may have a problem, I think for most 1-2 would suffice!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mean handbag or tiny purse?

I carry pretty big handbags!

Either. All I carry is a tiny purse if I carry anything so all I can fit is my phone and a lip gloss and a tiny magnifying glass. I find the bigger the purse the more I carry so that’s why I don’t take bigger bags. But if I’m with my dh I take no bag because my dh carries my phone. Lol he comes in very handy. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh Okies this is what I have that's weird:

Plastic containers, stainless steel straw, chopsticks, pack of cutlery, empty jam jar with lid

We eat out a fair bit and don't want to contribute to landfill by asking for disposable takeaway boxes and using disposable cutlery so we bring our own just in case.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh Okies this is what I have that's weird:

Plastic containers, stainless steel straw, chopsticks, pack of cutlery, empty jam jar with lid

We eat out a fair bit and don't want to contribute to landfill by asking for disposable takeaway boxes and using disposable cutlery so we bring our own just in case.

Haha love it. :)
When I carried a large bag (younger days) I had everything you could imagine and things you couldn’t lol. Let’s just say I was prepared. Even for a pandemic unknowingly:/

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Water bottle, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, snacks, bandaid, bug spray, sunscreen, tissues, napkins, mints, apple sauce or juice for when my blood sugar suddenly drops. I used just to carry a thin wallet in my prekid days but now I carry one of those very thin/ folding backpacks. Oh and a throw up bag, plastic bag for trash when there's no trash can and now I add extra masks in case the kids get theirs dirty or rip it or something. My kids are now 16 and 11 and I still have to carry these things. Now that's it's warmer I'm also carrying those mini usb fans and an umbrella (for sun protection).

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh I have to tell you guys what my husband used to have in his back pack when our son was younger (hubby carries a backpack everywhere):

Crackers, fruit, cutlery, plastic containers, singlet, long sleeve shirt, short sleeve shirt, shorts, underwear, swimming costume, towel, plush toy, books

He carried the swimming costume around for years! The highlight of his life was when we were driving home from a new lunch restaurant one summer and stumbled upon a water park.

That day he was able to triumphantly whip out the swimmers so our son could play in the water.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha reminds me of my mom. She carries food with her in her pocketbook. Or at least she used to when we were little. Always prepared. :halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Water bottle, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, snacks, bandaid, bug spray, sunscreen, tissues, napkins, mints, apple sauce or juice for when my blood sugar suddenly drops. I used just to carry a thin wallet in my prekid days but now I carry one of those very thin/ folding backpacks. Oh and a throw up bag, plastic bag for trash when there's no trash can and now I add extra masks in case the kids get theirs dirty or rip it or something. My kids are now 16 and 11 and I still have to carry these things. Now that's it's warmer I'm also carrying those mini usb fans and an umbrella (for sun protection).

I used to always carry a parasol when the sun was strong. And a mini fan while commuting to work. Always. :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bought this which will be coming everywhere with me now.

NO it’s not a sex toy, it’s to use on door handles and keypads :lol: It also comes with a little spray bottle for you to put anti bac liquid in to spray the foam pads inside that sanistise the parts that touch the handle or key pad.

480E85B5-7E9F-46D0-B560-06619A1B2B5C.jpeg C5498B8E-173E-4AC3-B8D9-87B746F31017.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bought this which will be coming everywhere with me now.

NO it’s not a sex toy, it’s to use on door handles and keypads :lol: It also comes with a little spray bottle for you to put anti bac liquid in to spray the foam pads inside that sanistise the parts that touch the handle or key pad.

480E85B5-7E9F-46D0-B560-06619A1B2B5C.jpeg C5498B8E-173E-4AC3-B8D9-87B746F31017.jpeg

I love this. Could you share a link please? Lol I also love that it looks a bit naughty;-)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go @missy, I bought mine from the UK company, but I’ve checked and the US sister (based in Austin!) also has it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go @missy, I bought mine from the UK company, but I’ve checked and the US sister (based in Austin!) also has it.

Thank you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina i got one in pink for me and one in blue for Greg. Thanks very much ❤️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got C the blue one too :D

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Jackknife, face mask (for ventilating people), meds, bandaids, nitrile gloves. Lots of Mom stuff (mints, gum, hancream, alcohol wipes, dental floss, snacks etc). We get stranded, I got this.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I carry a small bag. Normal stuff, I think.

But I usually always have a flash drive, page flags, highlighters.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Popeye the Sailor Man Christmas ornament! Sometimes when we go to flea markets I will throw stuff in my purse and we'll, this has been in there for a while lol!

Apparently though I was carrying two gold bracelets in the same purse and didn't even know it. They were in a pocket when I bought it and despite going through the purse multiple times (which was brand new but bought at a thrift shop) I never found them before that day!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A loupe, of course!
You never know when you might have an opportunity to buy some jewelry!

I also have a small Swiss army knife and a mini tape measure.
Both have really come in handy!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Charlie’s hair.

It was 2012 when we lost my husband’s Dad. Hubby was very closed to his Dad. After his death, Hubby went into depression and started this late night routine of walking alone till he’s tired. One night, a little puppy followed him home. This puppy was a part of 5 litters who were born behind a dumpster in an alley about 5 miles from our apt. To make a long story short, we named him Charlie Brown. He and I went to obedience school. He passed with flying colors. He made me so proud. I love him so much. Whenever I was sad (mostly due to stressful working environment), Charlie was always there to comfort me. He loves belly rub, chewy treats, bully sticks, the color purple, squeaky toys but he is a scaredy-cat. December 2019, he died of kidney failure. Part of us died with him. Carried his lock of hair since. I have owned many dogs in my lifetime but Charlie was mighty special.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charlie’s hair.

It was 2012 when we lost my husband’s Dad. Hubby was very closed to his Dad. After his death, Hubby went into depression and started this late night routine of walking alone till he’s tired. One night, a little puppy followed him home. This puppy was a part of 5 litters who were born behind a dumpster in an alley about 5 miles from our apt. To make a long story short, we named him Charlie Brown. He and I went to obedience school. He passed with flying colors. He made me so proud. I love him so much. Whenever I was sad (mostly due to stressful working environment), Charlie was always there to comfort me. He loves belly rub, chewy treats, bully sticks, the color purple, squeaky toys but he is a scaredy-cat. December 2019, he died of kidney failure. Part of us died with him. Carried his lock of hair since. I have owned many dogs in my lifetime but Charlie was mighty special.

Awwww! So sad.
I have a little trinket box with every whisker I ever found on the carpet from the cats, both living and deceased. There are hundreds. I also have clips of their fur, in little gem baggies.
Sometimes I look through all the whiskers, and reminisce.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I haven’t been anywhere in a while, so I’d forgotten and had to dig it out and look. What joy! So many happy things! Back when I needed to go anywhere, I carried cool stuff!

My ‘show bag‘ which is a minimalist black leather crossbody meant to be hidden while at work and is truly featherweight, holds my cash, cc’s, passport, jewellery pouch, iphone, and keys.

I tuck that inside a massive green leather tote, which also holds my buttercup ostrich Filofax, stuffed to the gills as usual, luggage receipts, and all the membership cards and IDs you can imagine. It’s the second ostrich one for me - I got all guilt-ridden a few years ago and sold the first one, and then spent years longing for it, so I bought another one and the craving was satisfied! I’ll never get rid of this one. I learned my lesson. I designed a few Filofaxes in a contest for the company and actually won. Good times. Anyone else here have a Filofax addiction? I used to have dozens, but sold them all. Now it’s just this one.

A crocus yellow courcheval Hermes makeup clutch with Burts Bees powder compact and Caudalie ‘French kiss‘ lip balm. A fekkai lavender sachet. A broken Tiffany sterling heart locket keychain (yep broken AGAIN but there’s no reason to send it off for another repair). A silk carré, swimming goggles in plastic case, and N95 face mask, all 3 in a cotton drawstring bag. Binoculars, a knife, and taser-flashlight in a paper bag. Granola bar and altoids tin floating about, and where did these crumbs on the bottom come from? Sheesh.

I enjoy thinking about such silly things. Life is too serious now. Levity is sorely missed.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven’t been anywhere in a while, so I’d forgotten and had to dig it out and look. What joy! So many happy things! Back when I needed to go anywhere, I carried cool stuff!

My ‘show bag‘ which is a minimalist black leather crossbody meant to be hidden while at work and is truly featherweight, holds my cash, cc’s, passport, jewellery pouch, iphone, and keys.

I tuck that inside a massive green leather tote, which also holds my buttercup ostrich Filofax, stuffed to the gills as usual, luggage receipts, and all the membership cards and IDs you can imagine. It’s the second ostrich one for me - I got all guilt-ridden a few years ago and sold the first one, and then spent years longing for it, so I bought another one and the craving was satisfied! I’ll never get rid of this one. I learned my lesson. I designed a few Filofaxes in a contest for the company and actually won. Good times. Anyone else here have a Filofax addiction? I used to have dozens, but sold them all. Now it’s just this one.

A crocus yellow courcheval Hermes makeup clutch with Burts Bees powder compact and Caudalie ‘French kiss‘ lip balm. A fekkai lavender sachet. A broken Tiffany sterling heart locket keychain (yep broken AGAIN but there’s no reason to send it off for another repair). A silk carré, swimming goggles in plastic case, and N95 face mask, all 3 in a cotton drawstring bag. Binoculars, a knife, and taser-flashlight in a paper bag. Granola bar and altoids tin floating about, and where did these crumbs on the bottom come from? Sheesh.

I enjoy thinking about such silly things. Life is too serious now. Levity is sorely missed.

Wow, fancy stuff! I do keep binoculars in the car. You never know when you might see a strange bird or someone on a unicycle.

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
All of my lipsticks. A dry erase marker and piece of chalk in case of a teaching emergency on campus. Sunscreen.

I will have to check out the ostrich filofaxes. I've had one since 1990 when I was in England for junior year abroad. Currently it is a pink leather that is about 5 years old. Can't live without it; I'm a luddite when it comes to calendars etc and I don't like my primary schedule and organizing tool to be something that has to be plugged in.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results