shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you feel nostalgic over?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm rarely on FB but I was uploading a few new pics and then I decided to check on my extended family and friends to see what they've been up to. I got really nostalgic for some reason. One of my cousins had uploaded pics of her family when she and her brothers were younger. It reminded me of times when these cousins, their mom, and my family would get together. We went on summer vacations near Nantucket together and they used to visit us a lot while we were growing up. We don't live near each other now, and our families are spread throughout the country, so we don't get to see each other too often. I just have the best memories of my cousins and my aunt, and I love thinking about times in our childhood when we spent time with each other.

What do you get nostalgic about?

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sex and The City.

When that show was on, it reminds me of a certain time in my life.

Same with 90210 - I remember a group of friends and I getting together and watching it.

I miss those days for some reason.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when we drive by the old neighborhoods where i grew up i tell my daughters this is the house where we used to live 40 yrs ago and this spot used to be a Bahh,Bahh,Bahh 30-40 yrs ago.

a candy bar was 10 cents.
a postage stamp was 5 cents.
gas was 21 cents per gal.
a banana split was 50 cents at Woolworth.. :lickout:

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1311557262|2976057 said:
when we drive by the old neighborhoods where i grew up i tell my daughters this is the house where we used to live 40 yrs ago and this spot used to be a Bahh,Bahh,Bahh 30-40 yrs ago.

Where dinosaurs roamed the Earth..... :cheeky:

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I'm nostalgic of the time when you would have lunch and dinner without the presence of cell phones.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
The '70's when I was growing up. Florida where I was born and where I lived as a teenager and young adult. Eastern Airlines. National Airlines. Disney World the way it was when I was a child. Florida when it had 1/2 as many people. Ma Bell the telephone company. Customer service the way it used to be before computers. Volkswagen Beetles. I'm nostalgic over the world I grew up in (as it seemed to me). The 80's to some extent but to me the first 1/2 seemed like a continuation of the '70's. I'm well on my way to being a curmudgeon. :cheeky:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Christmas. Christmas always seemed so magical and exciting when I was younger. Every year when the decorations go out, I get a twinge of that feeling again and it always brings me back to the carefree feeling and excitement of being young and expecting presents!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1311578379|2976195 said:
Disney World the way it was when I was a child.

Agree - Disney World is second to Christmas for me, but it all stems from the same feeling! I love going to Disney World now, not only because it's fun but also to recapture those feelings from long ago.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1311557262|2976057 said:

My parents used to take my sister and I on trips to the state they grew up in, and I remember it well. They love to tell us about the "olden days." :bigsmile:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Me, for the days when strong ethics were more common, when cheating in school brought not only punishment but shame. For the days when people actually felt shame. When we kids left the house & ran around all day, playing baseball, building forts in empty lots, riding our bikes to school. Yes, for the magic of Christmas Eve & holy cow, the excitement of Christmas morning when we played with the stuff in our stockings till Mom & Dad got up -- and when there might be a new bike hidden behind the tree. For Thanksgivings with a ton of family from distant places at the table. For Mom being there to tell me what to do when I couldn't figure it out myself!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Businesses using actual humans to answer their phones.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I get nostalgic when my children reach new milestones. They are still very young, but I know their childhood is slipping away and I can't believe how fast it is flying by. I'm trying to savor every moment with them even though there are times when all I want to do is go somewhere by myself.
My oldest is 6 and just lost her first tooth. She is turning into such a big girl, where did my baby go who never wanted to leave my side? Such is life.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
The smell of freshly-cut grass always takes me back to my childhood. I remember those summertime days when my best friend and I would play outside until the last rays of light would fade over the horizon.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
watching drive-in movies in these kind of cars.

copper rightfront.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
The fall and Christmas seasons makes me feel nostalgic. (And we don't even celebrate Christmas!)

The scents and colors of fall make me yearn for the days of trick-or-treating and visiting friends' houses filled with fun seasonal decor. I throw a big apple-picking party every October, and the entire time I prepare for it I feel warm and fuzzy inside.

The Christmas season and all of its amazing sights, sounds, and movies (!) really get me. I listen to the all-Christmas-music radio station, and watch seasonal movies obsessively.

ETA:

I just spent a month studying in Boone, North Carolina, and everyone there was so nice and helpful that it made me feel nostalgic for my childhood when people seemed friendlier and happier, in general. I loved it in Boone!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
centralsquare|1311578868|2976198 said:
Christmas. Christmas always seemed so magical and exciting when I was younger. Every year when the decorations go out, I get a twinge of that feeling again and it always brings me back to the carefree feeling and excitement of being young and expecting presents!

Me too! Christmas isn't the same as it used to be, but it's still my favorite holiday.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1311617603|2976424 said:
The fall and Christmas seasons makes me feel nostalgic. (And we don't even celebrate Christmas!)

The scents and colors of fall make me yearn for the days of trick-or-treating and visiting friends' houses filled with fun seasonal decor. I throw a big apple-picking party every October, and the entire time I prepare for it I feel warm and fuzzy inside.

The Christmas season and all of its amazing sights, sounds, and movies (!) really get me. I listen to the all-Christmas-music radio station, and watch seasonal movies obsessively.

ETA:

I just spent a month studying in Boone, North Carolina, and everyone there was so nice and helpful that it made me feel nostalgic for my childhood when people seemed friendlier and happier, in general. I loved it in Boone!

Let me guess which Christmas movie or movies...A Christmas Story and Elf! Great ones.

I love North Carolina, too. I didn't visit Boone but when we lived in Charlotte a few years ago, I thought everyone I met was so friendly. It definitely made it easier to get used to living in a new place. I love southern hospitality.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I get nostalgic over everything....a lot of times its a very very bitter sweet feeling. I love being nostalgic but at the same time, sometimes it makes me really sad. Its always a reminder that time is going by too fast but also helps me remember to try to enjoy every moment that I can.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I get nostalgic over the "simple days" when we used to play on the street or at the neighborhood pool, and not worry about someone kidnapping children or what have you. Dunno how our world became such a crazy place.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1311619055|2976438 said:
centralsquare|1311578868|2976198 said:

Me too! Christmas isn't the same as it used to be, but it's still my favorite holiday.

No, it's not the same when you have to buy and wrap all the presents!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results